I really hope Guns don't announce a full scale US tour next year.

Towelie

Anyone else hoping that 2010 marks the end of the Chinese Democracy era? They've been touring for over a year now and the Chinese Democracy tour has been ongoing since 2001.

Hopefully 2011 will be a year of productive songwriting. I'll happily wait until 2012 for a new record if they want to take time getting things just right. As long as they move on and stop flogging the dead horse that is Chinese Democracy.

The current line-up need to establish themselves with a new record and prove that they have more to offer than just covering AFD classics and songs written by Buckethead and Robin Finck.

Edited by Towelie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Guns don't announce a US tour for 2011. They've been touring for over a year now and the Chinese Democracy tour has been ongoing since 2001.

Hopefully 2011 will be a year of productive songwriting. Everything associated with Chinese Democracy has been a curse. In spite of the initially favourable reviews, the album now seems to have become something of a laughing stock in the media.

Hopefully Guns will move on in 2011 and prove that the current line-up have more to offer than just covering AFD songs.

Whilst I don't agree entirely with everything you list above; I do agree that a follow up album would be a great next step for the band. To finally hear tracks like 'The General' and 'Atlas Shrugged' would be sweet!

As far as I can remember, they're play Australia etc. in December? Then the whole of '11 is free?

I think it would be good to have a few months in the studio with the new band, followed by a tour of America in Late March through to May. Then put what would hopefully be the finishing touches on the new album after the tour ends gearing up for another Christmas '11 release or at latest March '12.

Any later than that and people will just not care one jot. If the band, or should I say Axl, can prove they can begin to work in a reasonable timescale ( and 3-3.5 years between albums including a full world tour is what I'd consider reasonable) then people might actually sit up and listen. If the album comes any later than '12 then people will just not give a damn.

No, fuck off. I want US dates after Australia, and then they can go on their merry way for a year for a new album. You don't tour literally the entire world, and then not the US at all, at least give me NYC or Boston, even if they just did say 3 straight nights at Madison Square Garden, I'd drive down to NYC from Boston for that.

"The current line-up need to establish themselves with a new record".... LOL...hahahahaha. What, you think these employees will wait around another 10-15yrs? What makes anyone think we'll see another album/CD in the next 5 years? Seriously, he should tour, tour, tour as much as possible while he still can pull it off. He's the best singer/rock star out there. And it's obvious he still has it. The worst thing would be to disappear, make new music and return at age 55 or 58.

If the album comes any later than '12 then people will just not give a damn.

This. There is an opportunity for GNR to became as big as metallica or AC\DC. The press is positive about this tour. This wont happen again. Now they can prove that they can make it. Tour the major cities in US, the smaller ones wouldnt sell anyway and then produce a great record and realese it in the end of 2011 or in the first half of 2012, thats the best option.

No. I've been waiting all year for US tour dates. They're doing epic shows right now and I want to see it for myself.

I saw them last night in Manchester. They were only okay. Just watch the Youtube clips.

Oh, so since you got to see them, it's all fine and good but screw the US. Awesome.

No. I've been waiting all year for US tour dates. They're doing epic shows right now and I want to see it for myself.

I saw them last night in Manchester. They were only okay. Just watch the Youtube clips.

If you thought that gig was only OK then your a fucking serious joker. If you expect more than that from GNR or any band then i'd stop listening to music my friend.

Oh, so since you got to see them, it's all fine and good but screw the US. Awesome.

Pretty much.

The world doesn't revolve around the US or are you too arrogant to see that?

Nobodies touring the States at the minute. The economy is so bad it doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense.

Pretty much.

The world doesn't revolve around the US or are you too arrogant to see that?

Nobodies touring the States at the minute. The economy is so bad it doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense.

Are you serious? I'm arrogant for wanting a US tour? I haven't seen GNR live since 2001. They haven't been to Texas since 1992. I've seen the youtubes and they're fucking amazing to me. I want a new album just as much as anyone but I'm dying to see them live again. Just because you think they were "only okay" doesn't mean I should be deprived of making my own judgment.

Yeah, you can't really decide that now you've seen them they should move on, and I've seen 'em twice this summer.

I'm behind the band doing anything that is productive, although they've probably earnt a bit of time off at the start of 2011. The worst thing they could possibly do for me is go a long period of time doing absolutely nothing.

They've played the US for the past decade, and a couple of festival shows. You can't always expect the band to come to your city. Problem is if the show cancels.. it's a bigger pain in the ass when flights and hotels are involved.

I'd like to see them do residency gigs in Vegas... easy to get to, shows can start whenever and there's no curfew, plus it's familiar stomping grounds for the band, who did some of the recording for CD there.

I'm surprised any fan would choose a tour over a new album.You can get years of enjoyment from an album. A live show lasts one night and then it's gone.

It's not about that. I'd really, really love a new album, but having a "World Tour" and not actually going around the world, in this case, hitting the U.S., wouldn't be fair.