Richard Fortus

STARABOSTES

When ever I watch the man is like I see a machine gunner in full action, rocking harder then anyone out there who calls himself a hard-rock guitar player! rock1

and the band knows it:

Good times at the Manchester Evening News Arena last night!!! Enjoy these pics of Richard Fortus http://bit.ly/aMF8Dw and Axl http://bit.ly/9itGPT (pics via Dean Read) http://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses

rock3

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Richard was the biggest surprise of thus tour for me. Loved watching him he is awesome!

Need to do some more research on him. Has anyone met him what's he like?

Why do I end up stalking EVERYONE? :confused:

:no:

I've met Richard. Very friendly, and really down to earth. Quite lucky because most people meet DJ and Ron, as I feel Richard doesn't go out of his way as much. but if you're lucky enough to meet Richard you'll see he's just as cool as the rest.

He's really fit, he usually goes out for runs and stuff when in a new city out on tour. Runs rediculously miles, then does a show at night. And he rock outs really fuckin' hard on stage, and makes you wonder how he doesn't break some strings hmm.

Is it just me, but did Richard do the intro solo to YCBM in 06 but now it's DJ that does it? Hmmm.

Edited by Axl_morris

Aside from Axl, obviously, I thought Fortus had the most stage presence, followed by Ashba. I'd already seen Sixx:A.M. so I knew somewhat what Ashba was like onstage, and I knew going in what Fortus was like, but when you actually see him, it's fucking incredible!

When we left the show, my dad turns and says to me "That one guy, Fortus? Yeah, he beat the FUCK outta that guitar ALL NIGHT! I thought he was gonna break that thing!"

Fortus is awesome....

Richard was the biggest surprise of thus tour for me. Loved watching him he is awesome!

Need to do some more research on him. Has anyone met him what's he like?

Why do I end up stalking EVERYONE? :confused:

:no:

I did :D He was very kind and down to earth. So were the rest by the way :tongue2:

Got into him when I saw them in 2006, Robin sounded like pulling teeth that night so Richard's guitar tone was quite a relief and his playing and stage presence were pretty cool, even next to Izzy later on that night. (And I don't think they look much alike, at least not in real life, neither is Richard impersonating Izzy, whoever says that never saw either one of them in concert.) Saw him again three weeks ago and he's like exploding on stage now, great energy and massive stage presence. Also met him after a show, very nice and thoughtful, great guy.