Documentaries

kevdo242

The Strange Case of Lizzie Borden.

About a year ago I saw something about the Borden house being haunted on scary places or ghost hunters or some shit. Saw this recently and had to watch it. Fucked up murder. Fucked up trial. Fucked up chick. Interesting as hell.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J Dog said:

About a year ago I saw something about the Borden house being haunted on scary places or ghost hunters or some shit. Saw this recently and had to watch it. Fucked up murder. Fucked up trial. Fucked up chick. Interesting as hell.

I watched a documentary on that about a year ago - it might have been the same one. Hitchcock, being somewhat of a macabre chap, was rather obsessed with the case and did an episode of A.H. Presents based upon it, so this prompted me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I watched a documentary on that about a year ago - it might have been the same one. Hitchcock, being somewhat of a macabre chap, was rather obsessed with the case and did an episode of A.H. Presents based upon it, so this prompted me.

The story does have a bit of a Hitchcock feel. Strange case. She guilty as hell?

38 minutes ago, J Dog said:

The story does have a bit of a Hitchcock feel. Strange case. She guilty as hell?

I cannot remember being that for her guilt but it has been awhile since I watched it. The police and their forensics seemed to make a dog's dinner of proceedings which means there will always be a lot of doubt - a bit like that West Memphis Three case.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 11:38 AM, Sosso said:

Yeah, the first two seasons were the best. The other seasons had just a handful of good episodes. Have you watched Catfish Colombia? That's pretty good too.

that sounds pretty intriguing my friend :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot remember being that for her guilt but it has been awhile since I watched it. The police and their forensics seemed to make a dog's dinner of proceedings which means there will always be a lot of doubt - a bit like that West Memphis Three case.

True. I think she did it though.

I've seen a couple of docs on the West Memphis Three. Can't remember the names right off but they were good. That's a screwed up strange case too.

On 5/15/2017 at 1:23 PM, john lennon said:

Does Montage of Heck count? Watched it when it came out, re-watched it today. I've a thing for Kurt Cobain.

who didn't? ever see anything with Joe Anderson in it, he'd make a great Cobain but it better be quick. much longer and he'd be too old to play him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching a series of docos called Epicly Later'd, basically it's a series about influential skateboarders from the 90's mainly (back when i was skate rat). The part i'm posting is from the Josh Kalis episode but focuses on a skater named Lennie Kirk who he was close friends with. Lennie was a skater i admired who just kinda vanished from the scene after releasing one of the most influential skate video parts of all time, this shows what happened to him and it's a pretty interesting watch even if your not interested in skateboarding.

16 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Watching a series of docos called Epicly Later'd, basically it's a series about influential skateboarders from the 90's mainly (back when i was skate rat). The part i'm posting is from the Josh Kalis episode but focuses on a skater named Lennie Kirk who he was close friends with. Lennie was a skater i admired who just kinda vanished from the scene after releasing one of the most influential skate video parts of all time, this shows what happened to him and it's a pretty interesting watch even if your not interested in skateboarding.

Ever watched Dogtown and Z-Boys? You should check it out if you're into skateboarding. Actually I recommend it to about anyone whether they're into skateboarding or not.

On 8/18/2017 at 0:44 AM, Silverburst80 said:

No i actually haven't watched it, gotta get round to it those boys and their movement is legendary.

Yea it's a must watch. Even for non skateboard fans. It's just a really well put together doc. Perfect mix of present day interviews and old film footage. And some great music throughout the whole thing.

On 15/05/2017 at 10:33 PM, J Dog said:

Didn't she fuck someone up with an axe or something?

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Didn't she fuck someone up with an axe or something?

Yep, her dear old dad and her stepmother. It was a pretty brutal murder. I wanna say it was more of a big hatchet than a straight up axe, same difference though. One of them got struck close to 20 times I think, the other one got struck like 10 or 11 or 12. The days leading up to and the day of the murder are pretty interesting. Her trial was interesting too. For the times it had an O.J celebrity type feel to it. Everyone thought she was guilty but there just wasn't much evidence there.

22 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yep, her dear old dad and her stepmother. It was a pretty brutal murder. I wanna say it was more of a big hatchet than a straight up axe, same difference though. One of them got struck close to 20 times I think, the other one got struck like 10 or 11 or 12. The days leading up to and the day of the murder are pretty interesting. Her trial was interesting too. For the times it had an O.J celebrity type feel to it. Everyone thought she was guilty but there just wasn't much evidence there.

20 times...fuck me, they must've looked like melons by the end.

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

20 times...fuck me, they must've looked like melons by the end.

They said it was a bloody mess. The stepmom was standing and probably facing the attacker when it started. She got struck a bunch in the face, then they said she fell face down and was struck in the back of the head a few more times.

The dad was asleep on the sofa. She stood over him and started hacking. Not sure if he woke up, but if he did, he woke up to his daughter hitting him in the face with a hatchet.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Every episode i think but fuckin' ages ago.  Lizzie Borden is quite famous anyway though.

Yea they keep the house open as a tourist attraction. You can walk through the morning of the murders in her footsteps or something.

• 4 months later...