kevdo242

Documentaries

159 posts in this topic

Does Montage of Heck count? Watched it when it came out, re-watched it today. I've a thing for Kurt Cobain.

The Strange Case of Lizzie Borden.

About a year ago I saw something about the Borden house being haunted on scary places or ghost hunters or some shit. Saw this recently and had to watch it. Fucked up murder. Fucked up trial. Fucked up chick. Interesting as hell.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, J Dog said:

The Strange Case of Lizzie Borden.

About a year ago I saw something about the Borden house being haunted on scary places or ghost hunters or some shit. Saw this recently and had to watch it. Fucked up murder. Fucked up trial. Fucked up chick. Interesting as hell.

I watched a documentary on that about a year ago - it might have been the same one. Hitchcock, being somewhat of a macabre chap, was rather obsessed with the case and did an episode of A.H. Presents based upon it, so this prompted me.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I watched a documentary on that about a year ago - it might have been the same one. Hitchcock, being somewhat of a macabre chap, was rather obsessed with the case and did an episode of A.H. Presents based upon it, so this prompted me.

The story does have a bit of a Hitchcock feel. Strange case. She guilty as hell?

38 minutes ago, J Dog said:

The story does have a bit of a Hitchcock feel. Strange case. She guilty as hell?

I cannot remember being that for her guilt but it has been awhile since I watched it. The police and their forensics seemed to make a dog's dinner of proceedings which means there will always be a lot of doubt - a bit like that West Memphis Three case.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 4/1/2017 at 11:38 AM, Sosso said:

Yeah, the first two seasons were the best. The other seasons had just a handful of good episodes. Have you watched Catfish Colombia? That's pretty good too.

that sounds pretty intriguing my friend :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot remember being that for her guilt but it has been awhile since I watched it. The police and their forensics seemed to make a dog's dinner of proceedings which means there will always be a lot of doubt - a bit like that West Memphis Three case.

True. I think she did it though.

I've seen a couple of docs on the West Memphis Three. Can't remember the names right off but they were good. That's a screwed up strange case too.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, J Dog said:

True. I think she did it though.

I've seen a couple of docs on the West Memphis Three. Can't remember the names right off but they were good. That's a screwed up strange case too.

Paradise Lost is the first one. Paradise Lost Two: Documentary. and Paradise Lost Three: Purgatory.

Anyone started watching The Keepers? A new Netflix Original documentary in a similar vein to Making a Murderer, it went online today.

First episode starts off slow but the second ep takes a new turn and it's grim watching.