6 months later, CD vs. Slash

shotgunblues1978

CD vs. Slash - 6 months later  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CD 6 months ago, CD today.

I have to agree 100%, Slash album when it came out I listened a couple times did not grab me, was hoping for more. I still hear the odd tune on my playlist but CD is always good to hear all the time, just the way it is for me.

Listened to CD and Slash today. My opinion is confirmed now more than ever that CD is a superior album on every level and has much more replay value. Others no doubt will disagree but CD has more passion, better vocals, better lyrics, more impressive production and superior musical displays

Lyrics? They are downright laughable more often than they are good. Its overproduced and impersonal, rock music is raw and meaningful. Better rock album, Slash. Better industrial/whatever album, CD. Fans of Guns n Roses (actual GNR) like rock music, not stuff like most of what you find on CD. But this is just such a tired argument and the wrong venue for it, its like going to Mexico and talking shit about Mexican food.

Lyrics? They are downright laughable more often than they are good. Its overproduced and impersonal, rock music is raw and meaningful. Better rock album, Slash. Better industrial/whatever album, CD. Fans of Guns n Roses (actual GNR) like rock music, not stuff like most of what you find on CD. But this is just such a tired argument and the wrong venue for it, its like going to Mexico and talking shit about Mexican food.

this post is everything wrong with this forum

derrr my opinion is fact derrr

derrrr real gnr derrrr

derrrrrr real gnr fans think what i think derrrrrr

derrrrrr its like going to ______ and talking shit about ______

Point is, Slash's album is better if you like cliche riff-rock ala We're All Gonna Die/Doctor Alibi, and silly guest spots with popular singers of the year, ala Beautiful Dangerous/Gotten

CD is better if you like music, ala TWAT/Better.

If you think Gotten is better than This I Love you know nothing about music.

Listened to CD and Slash today. My opinion is confirmed now more than ever that CD is a superior album on every level and has much more replay value. Others no doubt will disagree but CD has more passion, better vocals, better lyrics, more impressive production and superior musical displays

Axl's lyrics on CD may not be amazing in written form but at least they are real.............compare to the cock rock genericism on Slash and it's no contest. Axl sings with more passion and conviction than all of those clowns

Edited by shotgunblues1978

CD is better if you like music, ala TWAT/Better.

If you think Gotten is better than This I Love you know nothing about music.

Oh lord.

Bringing in the whole "You know nothing about music" arguement always voids your post.

C'mon now bacardi you should know this.

I still listen to "Nothing to Say" every now and then.

That's the only song I can bear anymore...

I used to like Myles but after seeing Axl live, Myles just doesn't do the job anymore.

So yeah, CD...but to be fair, I've never even considered Slash n' Friends as a real alternative anyway.

I like both of them and there are some songs that I really don't like in both the albums.

Of course CD has some good songs like IRS, Better, TWAT, Madagascar,This I Love, Street Of Dreams

From Slash I think, Back From Cali, Ghost, By The Sword, Gotten, Watch This, Starlight.

Surprising take, glad you shared. :xmassrudolph:

CD has some bright spots, particularly TWAT, but what's most surprising given the stark differences in duration and money spent making both albums is that Slash is the far more consistent record, top to bottom. Still can't figure out how the hell tracks like Scraped, Shacklers and Riad ever made it anywhere near the final cut. Ezrin was right all along. So bad it almost makes you think Azoff handpicked those tracks in his evil effort to force a reunion... :tongue2:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse post on this forum before.

I far prefer Chinese Democracy. I thought Slash was generic and boring since day one.

Chinese Democracy, without a doubt. I still listen to the most of the tracks, which I can't really say for Slash's album. It's a good rock record, but there's some songs that I just think the lyrics or overall song is just, "oh, come on, really." For example, Dr. Alibi, I thought it was gonna be awesome, becuase of Lemmy, turns out, it was generic as possibly it could get. Same goes goes "Were gonna die, so lets get high."

Chinese Democracy just seems more straightforward and on a personal level becuase of the lyrics. It's seems Axl put all of his though process into the lyrics and melodies that is just seems so much better.

Even though I still listen to Back From Cali, or Nothing To Say, on occasion, the album just seems too, what's the word, generic.