GUNS N' ROSES @ BARCELONA, 23.10.10

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I went to the concert last saturday night and it was amazing !

I went with my brother and a friend of mine by car (500 Kms) the same day and returned at home driving by night when show finished.

What can I say ? ... best GNR concert I´ve been (one in 1993 and three in 2007). This band is great, they played with a lot of energy and it´s clear they all have great chemistry between them. Axl voice was much much better than in 2007 and light-years better than 2002. His voice was really clear and high all the night in every song... with his rasp as if we were viewing a 90´s concert ...

The audience was socked !! Everybody near me was saying how amazed they were with the concert, this band, and specially Axl ... so it was great.

Special mention for the new ones... a lot of people sang them and enjoyed them. The classics (Jungle, YCBM, Nightrain PC....) were played really good and the sound of the venue was great too... so what more can i ask for...?? still amazed with the band and uncle Axl !

I had a "sad" moment i want to share... i was with my friends before the show started when suddenly I saw just besides me to "BIG FISH" Jarmo... so i stood and gave my hand to him: Hi Jarmo... Carlos, from Spain, how are you man?? ... he was really polite, and we were talking just a minute... then he went with some ladies to the VIP area... a few minutes ago i saw him again, but this time he was far from me ... then i thought i could approach and ask him if he could invite me and my brother to the after party or something like that... When he saw me he came and i was a few minutes trying to convince him so... I reember i told him something like: "Jarmo, you know I´ve been in Mygnr and HTGTH during a lot of years... you know me from the beggiing, it´s just me and my brother man, it will be be short... blablabla" but he told me it was the last concert of the tour, he has a lot of people in the list and he couldn´t help me... He was polite during all the time, but i didn´t like that when he saw me the second time he tried to avoid meeting me ... i didn´t like that reaction ...

I know I´ve been banned by him in the past (and readmited), and i know I´ve criticized him a lot in the past about the way he treated other members who said something bad about the new band or Axl... but WTF !! This is the Internet ... and you know, I try to put myself into his shoes and I can understand he is working and he can´t let everybody go to the after parties ... Anyway, i was a bit sad cause i was thinking: I´ve been a member from the 80´s, I´ve been in different GNR concerts in different eras, I´ve been a member of this forum since 2002 and know Jarmo (from the forums, PM´s ...) since the same era ... so, i think i deserved it ... but well, he said: "Next time" ... Jarmo, if there is a next time I´ll be there !

Hi guys,

I went with my brother and a friend of mine by car (500 Kms) the same day and returned at home driving by night when show finished.

What can I say ? ... best GNR concert I´ve been (one in 1993 and three in 2007). This band is great, they played with a lot of energy and it´s clear they all have great chemistry between them. Axl voice was much much better than in 2007 and light-years better than 2002. His voice was really clear and high all the night in every song... with his rasp as if we were viewing a 90´s concert ...

The audience was socked !! Everybody near me was saying how amazed they were with the concert, this band, and specially Axl ... so it was great.

Special mention for the new ones... a lot of people sang them and enjoyed them. The classics (Jungle, YCBM, Nightrain PC....) were played really good and the sound of the venue was great too... so what more can i ask for...?? still amazed with the band and uncle Axl !

I had a "sad" moment i want to share... i was with my friends before the show started when suddenly I saw just besides me to "BIG FISH" Jarmo... so i stood and gave my hand to him: Hi Jarmo... Carlos, from Spain, how are you man?? ... he was really polite, and we were talking just a minute... then he went with some ladies to the VIP area... a few minutes ago i saw him again, but this time he was far from me ... then i thought i could approach and ask him if he could invite me and my brother to the after party or something like that... When he saw me he came and i was a few minutes trying to convince him so... I reember i told him something like: "Jarmo, you know I´ve been in Mygnr and HTGTH during a lot of years... you know me from the beggiing, it´s just me and my brother man, it will be be short... blablabla" but he told me it was the last concert of the tour, he has a lot of people in the list and he couldn´t help me... He was polite during all the time, but i didn´t like that when he saw me the second time he tried to avoid meeting me ... i didn´t like that reaction ...

I know I´ve been banned by him in the past (and readmited), and i know I´ve criticized him a lot in the past about the way he treated other members who said something bad about the new band or Axl... but WTF !! This is the Internet ... and you know, I try to put myself into his shoes and I can understand he is working and he can´t let everybody go to the after parties ... Anyway, i was a bit sad cause i was thinking: I´ve been a member from the 80´s, I´ve been in different GNR concerts in different eras, I´ve been a member of this forum since 2002 and know Jarmo (from the forums, PM´s ...) since the same era ... so, i think i deserved it ... but well, he said: "Next time" ... Jarmo, if there is a next time I´ll be there !

You would have been luckier if you were a girl... B)

Hi guys,

I'm really happy for you. I'm sorry for what happened with Jarmo, but I'm sure there will be a next time. And hope I can be there too!

What started as a short passing thought in June has now happened. I have seen GNR three times this year. It almost did not happen as I got well enough to travel about the same time with the flight.

I joined the queue in Badalona Barcelona some time after two. All the tickets were unnumbered so I thought I better be early and I expected most people to do so. It took until about 4 pm before there were more than 200 people or so. After that the queue of 10 000 people was all around the arena and the surrounding streets. The doors were opened much later than 18.30 as it said in the ticket, maybe closer to 8 pm. The security had no time to check anything and people just run in.

All the waiting was done with Catalan/Spanish style and class. The locals made it as much fan for themselves and for me as a visitor as possible. It was like a long a bit boring picnic with visits to the local bars and cafes. The locals were drinking whiskey and such on the rocks the Spanish way (some ice cubes and then filling the whole long glass with whiskey). It was again great to talk with other fans (I guess I have to call myself one now...).

The concert was like a blink of an eye to me. The band was great as always, Axl was on full speed, DJ Ashba came down from the stage to play at one point, and at least ten girls fainted and were wheeled away for a rest. People in the audience seemed somehow exceptionally happy.

After the concert there was nothing but time. The locals (about 20) seemed to know where to wait for the band so I stayed also which is not something I would normally do. The cafes and bars were still open which made the wait less boring. Around 3 am Axl and then DJ and Ron came out to sign things. Girls, Axl looks even better in real life than on stage. DJ was having a good time signing things and after a while a security man carried him to their waiting car.

What happened next has nothing to do with GNR, but it was also max fun. Let’s just say that it was all about a brand new customized motorbike and Barcelona until morning. Adios.

What started as a short passing thought in June has now happened. I have seen GNR three times this year. It almost did not happen as I got well enough to travel about the same time with the flight.

I joined the queue in Badalona Barcelona some time after two. All the tickets were unnumbered so I thought I better be early and I expected most people to do so. It took until about 4 pm before there were more than 200 people or so. After that the queue of 10 000 people was all around the arena and the surrounding streets. The doors were opened much later than 18.30 as it said in the ticket, maybe closer to 8 pm. The security had no time to check anything and people just run in.

All the waiting was done with Catalan/Spanish style and class. The locals made it as much fan for themselves and for me as a visitor as possible. It was like a long a bit boring picnic with visits to the local bars and cafes. The locals were drinking whiskey and such on the rocks the Spanish way (some ice cubes and then filling the whole long glass with whiskey). It was again great to talk with other fans (I guess I have to call myself one now...).

The concert was like a blink of an eye to me. The band was great as always, Axl was on full speed, DJ Ashba came down from the stage to play at one point, and at least ten girls fainted and were wheeled away for a rest. People in the audience seemed somehow exceptionally happy.

After the concert there was nothing but time. The locals (about 20) seemed to know where to wait for the band so I stayed also which is not something I would normally do. The cafes and bars were still open which made the wait less boring. Around 3 am Axl and then DJ and Ron came out to sign things. Girls, Axl looks even better in real life than on stage. DJ was having a good time signing things and after a while a security man carried him to their waiting car.

What happened next has nothing to do with GNR, but it was also max fun. Let’s just say that it was all about a brand new customized motorbike and Barcelona until morning. Adios.

People here who have met Axl always say he looks better in real life than onstage. Mmm intersting! Can you be specific? What is it about him that's better??!!

People here who have met Axl always say he looks better in real life than onstage. Mmm intersting! Can you be specific? What is it about him that's better??!!

One reason could be that we are looking at him from below when he is on stage. In real life we are looking at him from about the same level. The lights at any stage are also quite demanding. He has been doing this kind of work for a long time now, but I guess nobody can be totally relaxed in front of 20 000 people. When I saw him he looked relaxed and happy.

One reason could be that we are looking at him from below when he is on stage. In real life we are looking at him from about the same level. The lights at any stage are also quite demanding. He has been doing this kind of work for a long time now, but I guess nobody can be totally relaxed in front of 20 000 people. When I saw him he looked relaxed and happy.

Yes and def when he's in a good mood he always comes across well in real life I think. :laugh: