The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

I only want Bane brought in, if he's going to break Batman's back (Bane's origin story), and it leads to Azreal and Nightwing showing up.

Surprised they would bring in Bane; He isn't what I would call a A or B list vilian; Meaning most people who know Batman casually, may not have heard of him.

This would be like having Carnage in a Spiderman movie or Doomsday in a Superman flick.

Disagree about Doomsday, while not Luthor, Brainiac or Zod level bad guy most people know him as he did kill Superman.

Not surprised bout Bane though as Nolan did bring in characters that were not that well know in Batman Begins, such as Zsas, Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow that aren't really mainstream Batman villians.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree about Doomsday, while not Luthor, Brainiac or Zod level bad guy most people know him as he did kill Superman.

I mean, it was only on every news report and newspaper headline back in 1992, the creators always joke about it "nothing else happened in the world that day"... :lol:

But Sunny, they can't bring in a Nightwing if there's never been a Robin.

Edited by moreblack

does anyone else here hate Anne Hathaway?

as for sunny claiming bane isn't a "mainstream" villain, i agree but i don't think that matters. i prefer them doing something with a great story rather than redo one of the usual villains just to get more ticket sales. i don't know if you've played batman arkham assylum but they gave a hommage to a lot of non-well-known villains in that game and it was BRILLIANT! the story was cool and it intrigued me into the world of batman. before that game i only knew about the mainstream guys, but now i can't believe some of the guys weren't more well known

as for sunny claiming bane isn't a "mainstream" villain, i agree but i don't think that matters. i prefer them doing something with a great story rather than redo one of the usual villains just to get more ticket sales. i don't know if you've played batman arkham assylum but they gave a hommage to a lot of non-well-known villains in that game and it was BRILLIANT! the story was cool and it intrigued me into the world of batman. before that game i only knew about the mainstream guys, but now i can't believe some of the guys weren't more well known

I was lucky enough to have grown up with Batman TAS, that helped fill in a lot of who is who in Batman lore...

I mean, it was only on every news report and newspaper headline back in 1992, the creators always joke about it "nothing else happened in the world that day"... :lol:

But Sunny, they can't bring in a Nightwing if there's never been a Robin.

good point......but then how can you have Bane's origin story? Guess they probaly won't touch that...which is a shame, because it was one the best batman storyline's of the 90's.

I'm still really interested to see how the Rachel dieing storyline plays out. That was a ballsy move.

well, it's not like they can make the character Batman more angsty is it? :shrugs:

If anything I would think they'd focus on the fact that he's public enemy #1 after the events at the tail end of TDK.

Edited by moreblack

There's something distinctly annoying about the way she looks. About her face. It's that mouth I guess. Maybe the eyes as well, or maybe the combination.

And wasn't Seline Kyle supposed to be blond, or am I mistaken?

As for Bane not being very famous: that time with Batman's spine, I guess that made him well known. Hell, even I know that happened and I've got no business with comic books.

But I did see the TAS :wub:

:rolleyes: Hathaway is supernaturally beautiful, charasmatic and gifted. Considering how poorly Nolan has fared casting females in this franchise to date, this is a tremendous relief. No one will ever best Pfeiffer & Burton's interpretation of the character in Batman Returns, though.

Hathaway is supernaturally beautiful, charasmatic and gifted.

Agreed.

I'm totally fine with her as Catwoman.

Umm not really, but even Maggie G. didn't ruin the last one...so I guess there's hope.

Seriously though, how F'ing dumb was casting Maggie G.? If someone isn't going to be very good, at least make them easy on the eyes.

:rolleyes: Hathaway is supernaturally beautiful, charasmatic and gifted. Considering how poorly Nolan has fared casting females in this franchise to date, this is a tremendous relief. No one will ever best Pfeiffer & Burton's interpretation of the character in Batman Returns, though.

she's one of those girls that only other girls think are hot. i don't think she's a great actress either. so she loses in both. now when megan fox was being rumored as cat woman....

And she looks too ... I don't know ... nice?

Shouldn't Catwoman be a seductress? A really hot and dangerous type?

Edit: I just googled some pictures of her and it hit me: with that mouth she could have worked very well as the Joker! :D <- (Edit 2) She actually looks like this emoticon!

I trust Nolan though, he's delivered each time so far. 100% success rate.

Edited by GivenToFly

she's one of those girls that only other girls think are hot. i don't think she's a great actress either. so she loses in both. now when megan fox was being rumored as cat woman....

She's fucking smokin' hot man! What's wrong with you? :confused:

No. She's not bad looking, but she's not smoking hot.