Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Dark Knight Rises

• Please log in to reply
593 replies to this topic

inthisriver

inthisriver

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • 12-May 06

Zsasz could be interesting as the next villain. Batman hunting down a serial killer. Firefly could be interesting too, if done the right way. Hugo Strange would be cool too. I wonder who it'll end up being.....

He was actually in Batman Begins as one of the Arkham Asylum inmates. So they could definitely use him, I think that would be awesome.

edt
Posted Image
As long as he looked something more like this rather than this
Posted Image

Edited by David_Bowie, 27 October 2010 - 04:09 PM.

In case anyone is confused, I have posted as Tbizzle, InThisRiver, and David_Bowie. Those accounts were merged when UK/HV took control of the forum, so my post count is correct.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
Yay more gritty angsty Nolan stupidity.
"The world is a dark, angsty, gritty place. Full of gritty, realistic comic book heroes."

Edited by Indigo Child, 27 October 2010 - 06:22 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07

I'd like to see Robin.

I bet you would. In his thong, holding a huge tub of lube with a "come to bed with me, Sunny" look in his eye, no doubt.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

Street_Of_Dreams

Street_Of_Dreams

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • 20-November 09

Yay more gritty angsty Nolan stupidity.
"The world is a dark, angsty, gritty place. Full of gritty, realistic comic book heroes."

Go watch Indy 4 again

:)

Graeme

Graeme

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,900 posts
  • 22-August 05

Zsasz could be interesting as the next villain. Batman hunting down a serial killer. Firefly could be interesting too, if done the right way. Hugo Strange would be cool too. I wonder who it'll end up being.....

He was actually in Batman Begins as one of the Arkham Asylum inmates. So they could definitely use him, I think that would be awesome.

edt
Posted Image
As long as he looked something more like this rather than this
Posted Image

Fuck off. Tim Booth is god.

6tpc.gif

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 15,470 posts
  • 04-November 06
The title applies to that line from Harvey Dent about how the night is darkest just before dawn...when the night rises. Get it?!

They probably couldn't use "Dark Knight Returns" because of the copyright issues.

I think Hardy will be a great villain but it will be so, so hard to top the iconic clash of Batman and the Joker. It's pretty much the most famous pair of comic book rivals in history...and if they go for another more obscure villain like they did in Batman Begins (who really has a clue who Black Mask is beyond Batman fans?) it might be harder to up the ante on the hype that Dark Knight had.

But I have faith in Nolan that he'll deliver nothing less than a great movie. He's stunningly consistent.

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

I think Hardy will be a great villain but it will be so, so hard to top the iconic clash of Batman and the Joker. It's pretty much the most famous pair of comic book rivals in history...and if they go for another more obscure villain like they did in Batman Begins (who really has a clue who Black Mask is beyond Batman fans?) it might be harder to up the ante on the hype that Dark Knight had.

I know that this doesn't matter, but they aren't - Superman and Lex Luthor are the most famous.

just couldn't let that slid..

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

The title applies to that line from Harvey Dent about how the night is darkest just before dawn...when the night rises. Get it?!

They probably couldn't use "Dark Knight Returns" because of the copyright issues.

But I have faith in Nolan that he'll deliver nothing less than a great movie. He's stunningly consistent.

Yeah, Nolan is a deity of dark epic gritty angstiness.
:rofl-lol:
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 15,470 posts
  • 04-November 06

I know that this doesn't matter, but they aren't - Superman and Lex Luthor are the most famous.

just couldn't let that slid..

I just disagree. Maybe a few years back, but nowadays - especially with this generation - I think The Joker is way more popular/relevant than Lex Luthor.

Yeah, Nolan is a deity of dark epic gritty angstiness.
:rofl-lol:

You're such an awful poster and an even worse troll. Why do you persist?

Go make a thread about mustaches for the 10,024th time.

He is? I thought Batman Begins was awful. The Dark Knight was very good though.

I think Insomnia is his worst film and it's still a way-above-average genre thriller. Memento is brilliant, Batman Begins was very good (and a sigh of relief after so many shitty comic book movies), The Prestige was great fun, TDK was awesome and Inception was very engaging. He has yet to make a remotely bad film in my opinion. Following was a solid debut, too.

Edited by Estranged Reality, 27 October 2010 - 08:26 PM.

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

Spoon87

Spoon87

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,957 posts
  • 21-September 04
It'll be really hard to top the The Dark Knight, but as almost everyone said before, Nolan has never disappointed before, so I'm stoked! I'm curious to see who the villain will be..
Mönchengladbach, 08/06/2012: GUNS 'N FUCKIN' ROSES!!!!

ManetsBR

ManetsBR

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,842 posts
  • 27-July 09
I would like to see Zsasz or Hush. Can't see how they would use Hush though.

V1C2CCg.jpg

"I found out what's happening in my own band on the internet" - Axl Rose

he actually said that! and people wonder why we are here... we gotta inform axl. duh.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,883 posts
  • 03-April 03

I just disagree. Maybe a few years back, but nowadays - especially with this generation - I think The Joker is way more popular/relevant than Lex Luthor.

I dunno, this generation's been raised on Smallville, and that show's gone a long way to establishing who's who in Superman's world since 01.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

SaskGunner

SaskGunner

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • 13-February 05

I'd like to see Robin.

Impossible, Bruce Wayne is far too young. Robin doesn't show up until he is older, ignoring the fact he is robin it would still ruin the movie.

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

I'd like to see Robin.

Impossible, Bruce Wayne is far too young. Robin doesn't show up until he is older, ignoring the fact he is robin it would still ruin the movie.

what do you mean older? Robin was around 11-12 when he showed up Bruce's life..and Bruce was in his early to mid-20's.

In my opinion, I think he would make the movie better. You can't have Batman without Robin, imo. He is the definition of the word sidekick.

Besides, it would bring some much needed comic relief to the movie. Batman is for the kiddies ya know.

Edited by SunnyDRE, 28 October 2010 - 11:38 PM.

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 30,004 posts
  • 10-July 07
If that honestly ends up being the title for the movie, I will want to punch Nolan right in the throat.

ot262o.png

MYGNRFORUM Store

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users