Guns N Roses Sydney Dec 4- Anz STADIUM

Guest Gunns

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now present to you what we've all been waiting for from this concert. Possibly the greatest Whole Lotta Rosie I've ever heard.

Haha, have you ever seen AC/DC?

Great cover of it, but not close to the real deal!

yeas I did. this year. I so AC/DC and GNR. so of the 2, definitely GNR rocks harder.

yeas I did. this year. I so AC/DC and GNR. so of the 2, definitely GNR rocks harder.

No, not possible.

AC/DC and ofcourse Angus owns this song!

Ofcourse Scott was the best in singing this, but Brian does a great job too.

However, Guns can play it very well and do come close. But to say they are better.........NO!

i like GNR's much more than AC/DC. Especially now. Just check out any footage of the current day AC/DC playing it, then watch this version after. Even if you compare it early AC/DC, GNR's version is so much more powerful.

Ok, I will watch it, but still can't believe it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, watched it, compared it, still NO.

About Guns version more powerful maybe, you can see they have more fun in playing that song. AC/DC maybe played it to often. However

Angus still owns this song.

Early AC/DC (with Bon) really nailed it! So that's a definately NO!

But Guns do come real close.....I give them that.

Edited by MBRose

No, not possible.

AC/DC and ofcourse Angus owns this song!

Ofcourse Scott was the best in singing this, but Brian does a great job too.

However, Guns can play it very well and do come close. But to say they are better.........NO!

WLR is a Bon Scott original and no other performance, however good, can take it away from Bon. Least of all, because he actually lived the experience with the real Rosie :xmasssanta: - just look at the old videos and you can always see that gleam in his eye and the grin on his face when he screams the song.

Axl would probably be the last person to claim that he outdoes Bon - I think that in the recording of the live performance by the original lineup, you can hear Axl prefacing his effort with "i'm no Bon Scott...".

But, IMO he has the perfect voice for this song and can scream it better than anyone alive on the planet, even Brian Johnson. Brian is one of my all time favorites and it's awesome to see that his voice has picked up again in the last few years. But, even at his cast iron throated, broken glass gargling vocal best in the early 80's, he really didn't match up to Bon on many of the originals, particularly, on WLR. Now, by a mile and away Axl sings this better.

Great perfomance and especially crowd, although the best live version for me is deffo the 02 London one:

Can't beat this one! rock2

LMAO :rofl-lol: How did I miss seeing this one? I heard about it but the image of Axl with that bucket on is priceless. It goes to show that he really doesn't hold grudges blindly, as some people make it out to be.

Axl's voice sounds strong on this but neither he, the band, or the crowd look as charged up as at the Sydney performance.

Edited by The Archer

WLR is a Bon Scott original and no other performance, however good, can take it away from Bon. Least of all, because he actually lived the experience with the real Rosie :xmasssanta: - just look at the old videos and you can always see that gleam in his eye and the grin on his face when he screams the song..

I love watching old Scott vids! He had such a great voice , what a waste dying like that and so young.

It's not that Brian sings it better than Axl. For me it is Angus who makes the difference.

Edited by MBRose

WLR is a Bon Scott original and no other performance, however good, can take it away from Bon. Least of all, because he actually lived the experience with the real Rosie :xmasssanta: - just look at the old videos and you can always see that gleam in his eye and the grin on his face when he screams the song..

I love watching old Scott vids! He had such a great voice , what a waste dying like that and so young.

It's not that Brian sings it better than Axl. For me it is Angus who makes the difference.

Yeah, atleast on youtube, Bon Lives.

The only thing missing in that WLR vid of the Sidney show is the crowd chanting "Angus!" in between the opening chords.

I doubt that it will ever happen, but I would give anything to see Guns open for AC/DC and have Axl singing WLR with Angus on guitar.

Sydney photos are uploading to here -

They're not all up yet, but there's only about 30 worth uploading. Should all be up within the next hour. Not as good as the Adelaide ones.

Thanks a bunch, highvoltage!!!!!

And for everyone else who posted about their experience - much appreciated!! :kiss:

Quick question.......were there "shooter girls" at any of the shows during this leg?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest gunns5

I came across this yesterday and didn't see it before.

Its a good promo vid for the sydney show

favourite part is 2:03

Edited by gunns5

I saw this on tv a few times. The Sydney show was the best on the whole tour along with the second show in London. Axls voice was nuts along with the band being really happy and a tight unit. Also while I was watching the screens, I have a few videos too, I noticed the recording of this show looked amazing and a lot better than all the shows I seen on YouTube. Something unique about it. And let's be honest its a huge stadium and had a massive crowd that were all going crazy. Whilst the other shows had bogan korn fans

Guest gunns5

I saw this on tv a few times. The Sydney show was the best on the whole tour along with the second show in London. Axls voice was nuts along with the band being really happy and a tight unit. Also while I was watching the screens, I have a few videos too, I noticed the recording of this show looked amazing and a lot better than all the shows I seen on YouTube. Something unique about it. And let's be honest its a huge stadium and had a massive crowd that were all going crazy. Whilst the other shows had bogan korn fans

I only went to Sydney and Adelaide, but there was something just amazing about Sydney, The whole band looked happy, Axl was happy/smiling, great vocals, good crowd that werent smacking into everyone crowd surfing like adelaide, and the giant stage and stadium just added to the whole thing.

Loved every second of it!

Edit

this is from Adelaide, Australia

Sorry (good quality)

Edited by gunns5