"It will be a cold day in hell before a reunion"

ManetsBR

D.J. ASHBA: It Will Be 'A Cold Day In Hell' Before AXL And SLASH Play Together Again - Dec. 7, 2010

According to current GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Daren "D.J." Ashba, it will be a "cold day in hell" before former GN'R bandmates Axl Rose and Slash collaborate again, quashing rumors of a possible reunion.

When Becko of Australia's long-running rock radio station Triple M questioned D.J. ahead of GN'R's show at the Sydney 500 V8 Supercars about the reports of Axl and Slash possibly getting back together, he shot it down. "That's completely false," D.J. said. "I know Axl really, really well, and he basically said that it would be a cold day in hell [before they work together]. But, that being said, obviously I don't know the inside insight and I'm just happy to be in the shoes of an amazing, legendary guitar player. It's really a treat for me to stand on stage next to somebody like Axl and [the rest of] this band. Everybody in this band is just top-notch musicians."

As for "Axl Time," Rose's infamously late appearances onstage, Ashba claims that they have nothing to do with the enigmatic singer — they are the fault of the room-service staff at the band's hotels. "It isn't even Axl that's late, it's always our room service that's late. We're waiting to eat before we go on," Ashba joked.

Listen to a clip of Ashba's interview with Triple M below.

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=150506

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anybody starts bashing DJ : listen to the clip, he's clearly joking about the room service being late...

That probably won't stop the idiots from posting the usual bullshit about this band.

DJ's cool, I don't think he would be in this band if he wouldn't feel that it's worth it.

hey man?

why start such a topic here? what's new about it?

didn't "the man" told his peace of mind about this issue?

like one of them will die or something...

just to give to the 5 people around here, who always search for a topic, even one of topic, just to cry their youth...

com'on, take it down, please!

or take it to the former band mates....

really man!!!!!

piss out, peace in

After all the negative stuff Axl has said about Slash over the years, no wonder a reunion will never happen. Slash will always remain the most popular among the two over them, and I am sure Slash finds it comfortable to mix with other stars, far more so than Axl.

What about the potential Guns N' Roses Hall Of Fame Induction ?

If it goes ahead, Slash will be there. Adler will show. Duff i'm sure will be there. I see no reason why Izzy wouldn't show.

Would Axl dare show his face? how will he deal with it? would he ignore the whole thing? make an excuse? maybe appear via video-link?

If it does ever happen, and Axl don't show, it would to show Axl has no balls.

And what of the hired hands, will they show up? will they be invited?

After all the negative stuff Axl has said about Slash over the years, no wonder a reunion will never happen. Slash will always remain the most popular among the two over them, and I am sure Slash finds it comfortable to mix with other stars, far more so than Axl.

If it goes ahead, Slash will be there. Adler will show. Duff i'm sure will be there. I see no reason why Izzy wouldn't show.

Would Axl dare show his face? how will he deal with it? would he ignore the whole thing? make an excuse? maybe appear via video-link?

:rofl-lol: yes. here you go again ..... man!? aren't you tired of your non senses?

:rofl-lol: yes. here you go again ..... man!? aren't you tired of your non senses?

Like'em or not, my comments are valid. Interesting times a head :D

As for the HOF thing, I can see this happening:

In March 2006, Blondie, following an introductory speech by Shirley Manson of Garbage, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Seven members were invited to the ceremony, which led to an on-stage spat between the extant group and their former bandmates, Nigel Harrison and Frank Infante, who asked during the live broadcast of the ceremony to be allowed to perform with the group, a request refused by Harry.

Like'em or not, my comments are valid. Interesting times a head :D

it's not about like'em or not... it's about you...

you do realize that you have a problem, no? like a mental one... when some one can't get past the past... when some one needs to try to relive the past... :) man I do hope that by the time your 60 you'll get your mind set at present times...

cheers!

All the suff Axl has said about Slash? maybe you should go back and read some Slash interviews. Slash talked shit about Axl a lot more.

As for Slash being the most popular: Axl draws bigger crowds but maybe it's also because of the Gn'R name. I'd say it's pretty comparable.

Hall Of Fame: I don't think Axl will want to be in the same room with Slash.

Edited by Rovim

obviously I don't know the inside insight

that's all he needed to say, really :shrugs:

Agreed. It's not really DJ's place to make the cold day in hell statement. Unless he has become Axl's personal mouthpiece.

Mmmh...The interviewer was enough of a piece of shit to ask the lead guitarist whether he was going to be replaced by Slash soon or not...

Wow. Two things are really fascinating about this topic.

Moreblack gets his subtle jab in at the new band. And RouoGirl continues to kiss Axl's ass. I didn't expect either of those things.

ahahhaahahahaha.........

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................

hey Groghan! you are funny!

please let me know if you can come to my birthday party to entertain me!? serios. you could make some money, not just wasting your god given talent.

PS how do you know what a kiss Axl's ass look like? have to tried it lately?

it didn't work out did it... it seems you're a bit frustrated about it. :D

and yes I answer to your post, 'cause I simply don't really have something really to do right now...

so bring it on!

All the suff Axl has said about Slash? maybe you should go back and read some Slash interviews. Slash talked shit about Axl a lot more.

He for sure has talked about Axl more, "talked shit"? I dunno, he usually just answers the questions they give him and by virtue of their relationship being negative and ending badly, it comes across that way. It's not like he's called him a cancer, or said that Ax was a bad cop and he can suck his dick, or told a fan that Axl was in his ass fuckhead go home...

Axl's immaturity is stunning. He is a little boy trapped in a man's body. If Mick and Keef can keep it together, the Police got back together and the Eagles worked things out then I see no reason other than the said immaturity that is keeping these 2 apart. As it has been said before, they just need to get on the same page and form some kind of a truce so that we, the fans, can get things like remastered/deluxe issues of AFD and UYI, a quality GH, etc. We are the ones paying the price for all of this.

Moreblack gets his subtle jab in at the new band. And RouoGirl continues to kiss Axl's ass. I didn't expect either of those things.

ahahhaahahahaha.........

please let me know if you can come to my birthday party to entertain me!? serios. you could make some money, not just wasting your god given talent.

and yes I answer to your post, 'cause I simply don't really have something really to do right now...

so bring it on!

Boy, you sure showed him!

ahahhaahahahaha.........

so bring it on!

ahahahahahahaha

yeap! ahahahahahaha

:xmassrudolph:

ahahahahahaha

com'on man, i was and still am amusing myself and hope others too! :rolleyes:

ahaahhaahaa

ahahhaahahahaha.........

so bring it on!

ahahahahahahaha

yeap! ahahahahahaha

:xmassrudolph:

ahahahahahaha

com'on man, i was and still am amusing myself and hope others too! :rolleyes:

ahaahhaahaa

Not so much...

Good Lord. The immaturity in this thread is astounding.

Point is, it isn't happening. Axl is way beyond stubborn and doesn't want it. Even Slash, who said he wouldn't mind going for it if the cards were dealt properly, is still very hesitant.

Not happening. DJ knows it, and so should you.