"It will be a cold day in hell before a reunion"

ManetsBR

Funny to see how threads about Slash an co. always reaches way more pages than the threads regarding to the current line-up.

So people still find it interesting, to read and talk about ;) Even the people who constantly bash the old-members.

When somebody in any way, even slightly compares Slash to Axl or Guns to VR in a post, of course some Axlite or Slashite is going to get provocated, which leads to endless bickering for tens of pages. I'd hardly call that discussion worth reading, it's just "my idol is better than yours, fuck you" all over again

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should move on, he's been playing under the name without the OG members for 10 years... get over it.

No thank you.

oh my god a band carried on with a different line up. this has never happened before.

Not like this it hasn't. Axl compared his band to Pink Floyd of the past many times but ironically I think people are going to vividly recall Axl Rose in the future next time someone tries to successfully continue a brand name product without the original ingredients. Billy Corgan wasn't spared even if he did make all the music himself.

take a look at megadeth.

When somebody in any way, even slightly compares Slash to Axl or Guns to VR in a post, of course some Axlite or Slashite is going to get provocated, which leads to endless bickering for tens of pages. I'd hardly call that discussion worth reading, it's just "my idol is better than yours, fuck you" all over again

Pretty much this.

MYGNR is like Groundhog day in Axl land.

Funny to see how threads about Slash an co. always reaches way more pages than the threads regarding to the current line-up.

So people still find it interesting, to read and talk about ;) Even the people who constantly bash the old-members.

If by people being interested you mean people who think a reunion's gona happen and Axlite's yelling at each-other over a blue-crayon then yeah the interest has fucking peaked.

Mustaine also made all his successful work with relatively the same lineup (Friedman, Menza, Ellefson).

And is still Megadeth, even with different lineup, even with less succesful work.

in their case though, the member shuffling began early, and they rarely put out an album with the same members. So it's not like there's ever been a steady Megadeth lineup aside from the time they were huge in the 90s. People are used to Megadeth going thru members like toilet paper.

People were hoping for a Beatles reunion until John Lennon was murdered so as long as the old members of GnR are alive people are going to be wanting reunion.....

It is just my theory but I truly believe if Axl had put out a new album every 2-3 years since Slash and Duff quit and toured off those albums playing only a few of the old hits people would be much more accepting of NuGnR.......

That's what KISS did when they moved on without Ace n' Peter.

Megadeath was never as big the real GnR was and did not have the monster album like AFD or the hit singles...I listened to alot of rock radio back then and Megadeth was rarely played.....they were more of a cult band outside the thrash fans.......

Oh yes they were, they got pretty big, MTV big, on the back of Countdown To Extinction and Youthanasia. Radio not so much because they're not a rock band.

I don't think you can compare Megadeth to the GnR situation as Megadeth was never as big or had as varied of a fan base

Both are bands, both have had large groups of people come thru their ranks, that's the common ground. GNR may have been huge but they are still just a band.

I don't think you can compare Megadeth to the GnR situation as Megadeth was never as big or had as varied of a fan base

Both are bands, both have had large groups of people come thru their ranks, that's the common ground. GNR may have been huge but they are still just a band.

The difference is GnR fans and the press seem to care about the changes from old GnR to NuGnR and I get the impression Megadeth fans and the press don't seem to care about the changes in that band or am I wrong about that...

you're right, people dont care who plays in megadeth as long as mustaine plays. what pisses me off is that everybody on the net for exemple on ultimate-guitar is asying shit about the band and mostly axl. He was there before slash (I know it's the classic lineup), he has a very very huge part of teh writting credits and people say hes nothing without him/them. that being said, he's to blame for people not knowing current band members/songs because he just didnt promote it with videos etc.

The difference is GnR fans and the press seem to care about the changes from old GnR to NuGnR and I get the impression Megadeth fans and the press don't seem to care about the changes in that band or am I wrong about that...

Some Megadeth fans want Friedman and Menza back, other Megadeth fans want Pitrelli and DeGrasso back, some fans even want LoMenzo back as he's an awesome bassist... They do care about changes in the band. But, as you justly observed, the music Megadeth plays and records appeals to a narrower audience.

Hello GnR fans I only joined this just now to have a little say on the slash/axl new and old debate.

I started listening to GnR when I was 6 years old my first tape I bought was use your illusions 1 and axl was my absolute rockstar idle and I still idlise him to this day and now I'm 28 and the show last night in perth was worth every cent and I have pretty much waited most of my life to have that chance to see him perform, but in

saying that I also bought every album on tape they had ever brought out and the video's, then cd's and dvd's all except chinese democracy which I know nothing about. Now the new band members who I am slowling learning they're names and positions in the band, absolutley own that album no questions asked and last night they put on a show worthy of a decent sized production. "And I had a fuckin phat time too, like it was awesome and axl was on fire" and I cheered as hard as I could for the new members keeping in mind the shit they no doubtably have had to put up with from fans at their shows so I made a contiouse effort to really try and make them feel at home at the show. Now in saying that aswell I've been watching live GnR concerts of the old since I was about 6-8 years old aswell and seeing izzy(gilbey), duff, slash and steven/matt, dizzy and axl put on their lets face it life on the edge rude n crude fuck everything else lets fuckin rip this stage apart seemingly un-choreographed ROCK SHOW!!! and nothing could make me happier to be able to be apart of that live show audience and I would probably say most of you out there would agree with what I am saying. Even though they have all matured obviously now. Also GnR's first 4 albums were written and collaberated by the original band members, so as much as some of you out there are saying move on with the situation. I think logically not only personally the original band members have a much stronger right to the guns n roses (name/brand, rock n roll machine) than the new band members hired to fill they're very big shoes. And if you use just a little of your brain smarts and reasoning powers, would be very hard pressed to say what I am saying doesnt make complete sense.

Now lets say by some great act of god they decided to actually reunite. And they took a step back and maybe tried to remember the good times they had and even without being specific, like say hey guys maybe I was a little hasty and regret pushing things until we had go bust. Ya know we had a great thing going and hey guess what if we wanted too we could own the world again. lets put the past behind us move on and rock the world the way it has so sorely missed over the last 15 or so years.

Now lets say it got made official. That means its time to get down to business. Now the original band members "which I'm sure they all realise" will pull in way bigger crowds than the new GnR line up I'm sorry guys I dont mean to be negative towards you's. And that also includes the original band members side projects other than Axl ofcourse, ever will. I can only imagine it will be as great as your (U2, ac/dc, rolling stones) audience crowd capacity stadium shows. I see only 16,000 people went to the dec 11 2010 perth, kwinana motorplex show. Now I went to the AC/DC show in perth held at Subiaco Oval Stadium 2010 and 44 or 48,000 people went to two sold out shows there, now you dont have to be a genious to realise thats a hell of a much larger earning for a band. (And I know the band members arnt strapped for cash and can afford to live in a big house and have people drive them where they want to go and pretty much run what ever it is that a rockstar could need them to do). But "and I only wish the actual band members read this post" you have the ability to own your own private jets, helicoptors and every big boys toys you could ever want and I mean like living stupidly loud like demolition derby's in brand new ferrari's every day of the year, trips to the internation space station yearly maybe for some RnR. GET THE POINT. like fuck I wanna buy a small country! hey why not you only live once.

Now I wont go and buy chinese democracy because I just have no real interest in it. But you can bet your bottom $ I and so fuckin many others will buy every other orginal band members collaberated albums and live recordings to come out from now until your all old like the rolling stones or ac/dc and go fuck it, its time to hang our boots up and call it a night!

Okay this was thought up and typed from someone dreaming and wishing things would just always go his way and one of the biggest fans this band could ever come across and I've pretty much been partying from lastnights show in Perth (SO FUCK YEAH IT WAS GREAT TO HAVE A REASON TO NOT WANT THE PARTY TO END) until before coming in here to look for some goss on how the show was recieved by others and Axl (and any of the other band members new and old) if you read this I was the big tall guy in the middle of the stage area towards the back of the mosh pit area infront of the white tent where your sound stuff and camera's were being operated from, absolutley going nuts singing pretty much all the lyrics to it like I was possed by some rockn roll spirit waving my arms around in an absolute frenzy in time with the beat of everyone one of your original members songs played screaming your name and and I even started the angus chants at the start of whole lotta rosie, so if I got noticed you could tell I am one hell of a fan. And I also make some pretty compelling points for achievable lifestyles and bank balances and just telling you the world is yours all you need to do is take it! so guys put some gloves on open your hands up and snatch it before it lands over the fence!

New GnR band members if I got my wish, you guys have a great musical talent between yourselves. That all you would need to do is snag a good front man, write some songs or get songs written for you which wouldnt be hard with your talent and then smash out your own fuckin rock show and start taking the world down together one step at a time. I doubt I wouldnt have any reason not to listen to, rock out too and follow the progress of it. (even if maybe feeling a little obligated) you know provided it was just hard rock n roll for the most part.

P.s I do fly in fly out work and would love a reason to get a new job so if you have any positions going on your show I'm not an idiot, I learn fast, think for myself to get the job done on time and right, more than likely a pretty cool guy and very personable and always put work before pleasure just ask my fiance. So hook me up!!! but also the money has to be able to support atleast the same money distributing issues I deal with now. ;)

GnR fuckers breath it

fuck I hope this works since I've never done posts before

Danthebumpkin

Great post, but in the end of the day Axl has a lot to loose with a reunion and not much to gain, besides loads of cash...

Why would Axl throw away the confartable situation he's in with hired hands? Would old band members agree to reunite being just hired hands to Axl? Would Axl get along the former band members this time? Would there be the hey day "magic" on stage once again? Would they be able to write new songs together and agree with the musical style Axl is into these days? Would they play CD songs? If so would Axl agree to play VR songs?

If things got messy once again would Axl be able to get back to hired hands and the public would just forget the failed experience?

There are a lot of ifs and if I were Axl no way I would risk a reunion - there's just too much to loose...

Why would they make a video when MTV is RTV now?

When do they play videos?

Never!

Rihanna puts out a video with every single. They're good videos too. They recieve millions of hits on YouTube. That proves there is demand.

The new line up GN'R don't appear to have released a proper single, so maybe that's why there's no video?

The standard pattern tends to include, releasing a single (one of the better tracks from the album) with a video, and then releasing the album (from which the single originates), then following the release of the album with 2 or 3 more singles, complete with videos.

The new line up GN'R appeared to release an album (Chinese Democracy), throw in the single for free?, and post the single on MySpace, where it recieved many plays, or so we're led to believe (hits on MySpace can be manipulated), and not bother with a music video.

It all seemed like a lash up at the time. Rushed at the last minute. The CD booklete was full of mistakes. It makes you wonder what went wrong over the weeks leading up to the albums release.

Edited by star