Axl Rose Voted Greatest Frontman of All Time

ManetsBR

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but axl had too short a run to be #1. If guns n roses had continued past '93 he could have contended for #1.

Guys like plant, scott and especially mercury wipe the floor with axl

Twice the light, half the life. And Axl has shone so very bright... ;)

Some of us really suck at this.

I think Axl belongs there. It's a nice change to see something positive.

BTW, where is Layne Staley? Jack white but not Layne?

Yeah, where the fuck is Layne?! And Scott Weiland?

It's awesome Axl is number 1, he is amazing!

How I hate when every fucking thread on here turns into discussions about Axl's looks or Axl vs. Slash. It's getting pretty pathetic <_<

Some of us really suck at this.

I think Axl belongs there. It's a nice change to see something positive.

BTW, where is Layne Staley? Jack white but not Layne?

Yeah, where the fuck is Layne?! And Scott Weiland?

It's awesome Axl is number 1, he is amazing!

How I hate when every fucking thread on here turns into discussions about Axl's looks or Axl vs. Slash. It's getting pretty pathetic <_<

Yeah, cause I have a theory that Slash has been paying attention to the GnR tour, and he's been watching Axl's performances, and he's stoked at how great Axl sounds these days.

Yeah, cause I have a theory that Slash has been paying attention to the GnR tour, and he's been watching Axl's performances, and he's stoked at how great Axl sounds these days.

Each time I watch videos from the recent shows, I get stoked on his great performances too.

He's still the best frontman. But I'm just a GN'R fan, you know.

Sorry, but axl had too short a run to be #1. If guns n roses had continued past '93 he could have contended for #1.

LOL @ thinking axl is anywhere close to the guys I mentioned

LOL @ thinking axl is anywhere close to the guys I mentioned

they all don't suck, ask 100 people, the #1 spot would be different probably every time.

>Scott

fuck yourself.

Lol, did he mean Weiland or that AC/DC guy

Probably the AC/DC guy. Either way, he should fuck himself.

A well deserved place. His stage presence was and still is fantastic and if you close your eyes and listen, all you hear is AXL FUCKING ROSE, no matter whether we are in 1991 or 2010, it´s Axl fucking Rose!!!

Like it or not the guy has a big charisma and gives us 100% the best of him every night on stage. Congratulations Mr. Rose! rock3

Whatever you say, Weiland has the greatest range vocally than anyone in rock history.

Wise up. I wouldn't have the guy in my top sixty five. Surely being considered a great front man entails an ability to write competent lyrics (e.g. Velvet Revolver)?

lol So just picking out his work from Velvet Revolver and not mentioning any of his lyrics for STP or his solo work makes him a band front man??? If you truly want to argue the topic then just listen to a few of these songs, and know what you are talking about. All great lyrics wise, and VERY diverse.

Listen to this song Atlanta: My link

Plush: My link

Tumble in the Rough: My link

Creep:

Days of the Week: My link

Transmissions From a Lonely Room: My link

First Kiss On Mars: My link

Now if you actually listen to those then you might have an idea of how diverse he is.

Oh and for a Christmas treat : My link

here here! rock3

so the fans did vote and we get Axl to be nr. one! rock3

so, other than that, what is it with you all debating here?

that all over this planet are people who really think that Axl Rose is the best front man?

were were you when the vote was running? there is were you could have make a valid point...

otherwise all the crap you try to put in here is just your's to eat!!!!

cheers mates! we rule and we got Axl to rule once more time! rock3

(not that there was a need for or that there are really other out there that can sing what this rocker can)

piss out peace in

lol So just picking out his work from Velvet Revolver and not mentioning any of his lyrics for STP or his solo work makes him a band front man???

Unfortunately yes. And in terms of your offerings "which will prove" that Weiland can write lyrics, I don't think I will do my eardrums the disservice. "First Kiss On Mars" is enough to establish the depth of his intellect.

Weiland is a great frontman but no, he doesn't have the greatest vocal range ever, at all.

How can you say that, the man has the most diverse style ever. Every song his sounds different, espicially the ones I posted. Im not saying he has the best voice ever, but when in comes to range and ability he sure as hell is among the all time greats.