The General played several times as the concert intro

ManetsBR

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all ignore that Conor called this years ago when you all said it was Checkmate.

I read often, and seldom find the need to contribute,but

I find it ironically amusing when someone gloats and feels the need to inflate their own ego over a supposition they supported,without knowing the facts,

or having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalation knowledge,why don't you tell everyone which parts of other songs have been played? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know,enjoy your tenure of fame and followers while it lasts, Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know, and Guns N' Roses is always full of unprecidented surprises, don't bother to reply or put on a show of self-indignance to further your crusade,

I won't reply nor acknowledge it, seeya ;)

Someone's an angry piece of work. I don't see the problem. I'm happy because I've always had a hunch that was The General. I'm not claiming I have the song, or that I've heard it. Maybe you should read again, cranky Sour grapes.

Do us a favour and go back to lurking.

And for the record, parts of Prostitute have been played since 2002, and If The World was allegedly played as a jam too in 06/07.

And you are overlooking a few as well, I'm not angry,

no need to berate and belittle, I'm just amused at your

braggardly behavior, and your supposed superior response :book:

ALLITERATION OVERLOAD

Let's all ignore that Conor called this years ago when you all said it was Checkmate.

I read often, and seldom find the need to contribute,but

I find it ironically amusing when someone gloats and feels the need to inflate their own ego over a supposition they supported,without knowing the facts,

or having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalation knowledge,why don't you tell everyone which parts of other songs have been played? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know,enjoy your tenure of fame and followers while it lasts, Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know, and Guns N' Roses is always full of unprecidented surprises, don't bother to reply or put on a show of self-indignance to further your crusade,

I won't reply nor acknowledge it, seeya ;)

Someone's an angry piece of work. I don't see the problem. I'm happy because I've always had a hunch that was The General. I'm not claiming I have the song, or that I've heard it. Maybe you should read again, cranky Sour grapes.

Do us a favour and go back to lurking.

And for the record, parts of Prostitute have been played since 2002, and If The World was allegedly played as a jam too in 06/07.

And you are overlooking a few as well, I'm not angry,

no need to berate and belittle, I'm just amused at your

braggardly behavior, and your supposed superior response :book:

ALLITERATION OVERLOAD

an absolute avalanche of alliteration!

You mean it sounds like, or it is. It could be a sample? Is it confirmed as the RIR III intro, could it have been a jam they did between songs, there was one pretty good one.

RIR III intro was something different. There's been different introductions for each tour. 2001/2002/2006-07/2010

nop

it was already the general in 2007

In 2006 too.

this conversation has become bloated, but I'm really not surprised in the least,considering the contributors,

Here's to Guns N' Roses having continued success,now and in the future, I think that is something at least most of us can agree on :thumbsup:

You mean it sounds like, or it is. It could be a sample? Is it confirmed as the RIR III intro, could it have been a jam they did between songs, there was one pretty good one.

RIR III intro was something different. There's been different introductions for each tour. 2001/2002/2006-07/2010

RIR3 had the Exorcist intro I believe. May have also had the New Year's video, can't recall.

06-07 and 09-10 both had The General intro. Maybe not all shows but it was played in 06.

What's sad is that we'll probably be dissecting and youtubing this orchestration over crowds screaming for a LOOOONG time to come, since it looks like there's zero intentions to put this song out in an official form in 2011.

:violin:

Edited by sofine11

RIR3 had the Exorcist intro I believe. May have also had the New Year's video, can't recall.

06-07 and 09-10 both had The General intro. Maybe not all shows but it was played in 06.

Yep, Exorcist intro in 2001. A new intro has been used sometimes in 2010 (aside from The General one), around August/September, it's quite similar.