The General played several times as the concert intro

ManetsBR

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudecqd: Axl, coudl you tells us more about "The General"?

Axl: You may have heard parts of it somewhere.

AHAAAAAA.

Okay now I am intrigued, I think someone said it was from a film like The Exorcist or something, but that may just be the voiceover that happened at RIR 2001

Yeah. I remember a thread at HTGTH about the intros, and the guy listed the intro, and there was one that he said "I think this was made by GNR or to GNR"

I didn't care much for the intro and calling it "The General" won't make me care any more for it until I hear the actual song.

Cool though.

treu may or may not be it but it sure is interesting to think it's been there all along!

Well it's not like it's a startling revelation. It's been speculated for a while that the jams, intros, etc. are snippets of unreleased songs ala "Prostitute" in 06.

I didn't care much for the intro and calling it "The General" won't make me care any more for it until I hear the actual song.

Cool though.

treu may or may not be it but it sure is interesting to think it's been there all along!

Well it's not like it's a startling revelation. It's been speculated for a while that the jams, intros, etc. are snippets of unreleased songs ala "Prostitute" in 06.

Yes but I don't think one of us has ever though that intro was anything. To me that intro sounds like a very slowed down IRS or something

If this proves anything, it's that the so-called hoarders are full of shit.

Not a single one of them who claims to have "The General" has ever come out and said "the show intro is from this song".

Right, this. If this is not sarcasm then this means that the "hoarders" don't have anything, which is what I thought for a long time.

Not a single one of them who claims to have "The General" has ever come out and said "the show intro is from this song".

Right, this. If this is not sarcasm then this means that the "hoarders" don't have anything, which is what I thought for a long time.

I don't think Fernando or whoever runs the GNR twitter was being sarcastic, I mean, have you ever seen this intro on any other place? Movie soundtrack, or anything?

And I think that this indeed proves that people who once claimed to have The General are full of shit.

I don't think Fernando or whoever runs the GNR twitter was being sarcastic, I mean, have you ever seen this intro on any other place? Movie soundtrack, or anything?

And I think that this indeed proves that people who once claimed to have The General are full of shit.

No I have never seen it anywhere except Guns Show. You are right the people that claim to have shit just lost credibility that they barely had to begin with

Not necessarily. What if the hoarders have an earlier version of the song without the intro? Kinda like how Riad had the added intro in the final version.

Not necessarily. What if the hoarders have an earlier version of the song without the intro? Kinda like how Riad had the added intro in the final version.

what if you were a dog

well honestly we don't know if this is true or not, we also don't know if the intro used at the live shows is an intro to The General or part of it. I am willing to bet that the hoarders are full of shit because everything points to it and now this is just one more thing