Guns N' Roses to be introduced into Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

henfjel

As much as I'm a NuGnR fan more than a Guns n' Roses fan, only Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven need to be there :shrugs:

Exactly. Why? Because those are the ones who got them in. It was AFD,Lies and UY1&2 that got them inducted. Those songs were written by the Appetite five.

Why are you guys saying only Steven will show when Slash already said he would? I would expect Duff to show and Im sure Izzy would be willing to come out of his shell to do it. The only questions to be asked about this situation are will Matt be invited? And who is going to sing (obviously not Axl, too stuck up and bitter)?

Why are you guys saying only Steven will show when Slash already said he would? I would expect Duff to show and Im sure Izzy would be willing to come out of his shell to do it. The only questions to be asked about this situation are will Matt be invited? And who is going to sing (obviously not Axl, too stuck up and bitter)?

It'll be Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven. Axl won't show and instead it'll be Steven Tyler who does the signing. I'm sure there will be a shit storm over Axl's refusal to show up, which will of course over shadow everything.

Should be entertaining.

It's not a statement of fact that GNR will get into the HOF in 2012, it's just conjecture on the part of whoever wrote that, probably thinking, "GNR is so huge that they HAVE to put them in the first time they're nominated." Well, Aerosmith and Queen didn't get in until the third or fourth year of eligibility. Alice Cooper is just going in now and he's been eligible since about '94. KISS isn't in. Who's to say it won't take until 2015 or so to induct GNR?

It's not a statement of fact that GNR will get into the HOF in 2012, it's just conjecture on the part of whoever wrote that, probably thinking, "GNR is so huge that they HAVE to put them in the first time they're nominated." Well, Aerosmith and Queen didn't get in until the third or fourth year of eligibility. Alice Cooper is just going in now and he's been eligible since about '94. KISS isn't in. Who's to say it won't take until 2015 or so to induct GNR?

Would you mind telling me then who exactly is going to get inducted ahead of them? The field is so very weak that they are a lock.

GNR will get in because nobody knows what the hell Axl will do. It's great drama and could potentially draw one of the largest viewing audiences ever for the show. They'll announce GNR are in, and then draw on for months of speculation as to how the show will go down. This is the biggest press the RNR Hall is likely to get in some time.

Not just "sometime"...but ever. Seriously, this is going to be tabloid heaven.