Guns N' Roses to be introduced into Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

henfjel

I will quote myself from another thread:

The current band will perform and get inducted at the HOF. Duff and Izzy will probably play with them also like Jason did with Metallica. $la$h and $teven won't be there like Mustaine was not present for Metallica. At least mustaine was invited...those two won't be invited by Axl.

Keep dreaming...

LOL you think Axl would invite those 2? One is a basket case the other has talked shit about him for the past 14 years.

And keep dreaming Axl is going to show up....

Why would he not show up for HIS band to get inducted? i mean he has been there before to induct someone else so he has no problem with the HOF.

Because Slash and Steven Will be there

No. They WANT to be there.

No... they will be there, whether Axl has "invited" them or not.

Hey man I don't know you but don't start your old vs new GNR propaganda shit with me. They won't be there if they are not invited by the MAN.

I have to side with volcano on this one, Axl would definantely have conditions and agreements signed by the HOF,before he appreared,and one of the conditions would be that

HE chose who would apprear with him;and who is not welcome to his jungle, The public would have more interest in seeing Axl along with Duff and Izzy, than they wo

Edited by Trilogy

He's got the same sound that every 80's Hair Metal drummer had.

sounds more like you can't hear what made him special.

IMO, Steven is the only weak link on AFD. Duff sounds great, Slash and Izzy are their best and are equally mixed and equally loud, Axl's vocals are are a perfect mix of clean and rasp. Steven has this really outdated '80s sound that takes everything else down a notch. AFD would've been even greater if not for him. It's his drumming that makes it sound '80s and Hair Metal-ish, which is what a lot of people consider AFD--Hair/Sleaze Metal. They could've risen above that without a Hair Metal drummer.

Just picture AFD with a drummer like Dave Grohl. A lot better than Steven.

house of cards falls down

No, that's just Steven diving under it for some speedballs.

And that was not neccesary

But rather truthful. How many takes of Civil War did they have to do again...?

Both steve and matt suck. Gimme brain or frank anyday.

No, it goes like this:

Josh > Matt > Brain > Steven > Frank

I put Frank last because we really haven't heard much of what he can do, and I think Brain is rather overrated.

Josh and Matt are the two best drummers GN'R ever had.

Just picture AFD with a drummer like Dave Grohl. A lot better than Steven.

house of cards falls down

No, that's just Steven diving under it for some speedballs.

And that was not neccesary

No; but it was timely and amusing considering Steven has become the poster child for celebrity

rehab, Dave Grohl won't be on Drums because of the Nirvana vs. GNR that happened back when the AMA was worth watching, Axl will only show up/perform if he has a say (and signed contracts) as to who will be present, On a bright side maybe during a commercial break slash could be in the latest sell-out he is involved with, be it scrubbing bubbles,volkswagon, or toilet cleaner, The Public would rather see Axl than slash,who has unfortunately sold himself out, It's sad because he could have gone on to better things,his best work was in GNR, and he chose to quit.

The current band will perform and get inducted at the HOF. Duff and Izzy will probably play with them also like Jason did with Metallica.

$la$h and $teven won't be there like Mustaine was not present for Metallica. At least Mustaine was invited by James...those two won't be invited by Axl.

Axl Ro$e does not do the inviting. And if he wants to go he will have to deal with Slash. Because Slash has he has already said he will atttend.

When exactly seperates a "hired gun" and a band member? You have to be an original member, but when does that start? At initial creation? When u play you first live gig at a bar? When u sign to a record label? When u put out an ep? An album? So if Band X puts out their debut album, then their guitar player quits, and the new guitar player is on the band's next ten albums......is he still a "hired hand" because he didn't play on the original album?

People just use that phrase as a way to try and insult the new band. It's pretty pathetic.

That is a pretty easy question to answer. Anyone that was part of the guns n' roses partnership should be inducted, whether they exited or are still a part of it. I think that determines who is a hired gun and who is not. Had Guns N' Roses actually continued I think Matt Sorum could have become a full fledged member.

I think you generalizing the idea of someone "quitting". Slash and Duff are still technically part of Guns N' Roses. It's not liked they worked for a company, quit, and then lost rights to the company car. They owned the company.

So I'd say only Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and Matt should get inducted.

According to Duff, Matt was "always on the ejector seat." Not even he considered Matt a full member of Guns, sadly. He should've though.

With the September 1992 contract (this 1992 contract is the one where Axl gained legal control of the name), only Axl, Slash and Duff were members of the partnership, but Axl owned the name. Matt wasn't included; He was on salary.

In the new contract, negotiated from August-December 31st 1995, Axl became the sole member of the partnership, and Slash, Duff and Matt were hired as employees under the conditions of it.

Izzy I really don't think wants anything to do with Guns. He even stipulated when he left that he only collect a percentage of whatever Guns did only until 1997. He's put GN'R way behind him and I don't think he'd even rejoin for a full fledged reunion unless it was like a small scale tour probably. From what I've read of him, he seems to be kind of emotionally disconnected from that whole period in his life.

Edited by Indigo Child

The current band will perform and get inducted at the HOF. Duff and Izzy will probably play with them also like Jason did with Metallica. $la$h and $teven won't be there like Mustaine was not present for Metallica. At least Mustaine was invited by James...those two won't be invited by Axl.

Axl Ro$e does not do the inviting. And if he wants to go he will have to deal with Slash. Because Slash has he has already said he will atttend.

Slash says a lot of things, not all of them are the truth, pray tell us who does the inviting if you are so knowledgeable about the topic? Names please, and I still maintain that if it comes down to it,the audience would rather hear/see Axl over slash,so a decision may have to be made, Axl can make the decision on who he will apprear with,and I'm pretty damn sure slash ain't on the list. It's Axl's band, Slash chose to quit, get it?

The current band will perform and get inducted at the HOF. Duff and Izzy will probably play with them also like Jason did with Metallica. $la$h and $teven won't be there like Mustaine was not present for Metallica. At least Mustaine was invited by James...those two won't be invited by Axl.

Slash says a lot of things, not all of them are the truth, pray tell us who does the inviting if you are so knowledgeable about the topic? Names please, and I still maintain that if it comes down to it,the audience would rather hear/see Axl over slash,so a decision may have to be made, Axl can make the decision on who he will apprear with,and I'm pretty damn sure slash ain't on the list. It's Axl's band, Slash chose to quit, get it?

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Lol. Steven Addled is so overrated.

Not according to Slash, Izzy and Duff who have stated how important Steven was to their sound and groove in interviews over the years..........

That's why Slash and Duff brought him into VR and Slash had him on every single song of his solo record :rolleyes:

Saying nice things about a guy is one thing, but since 1990 no one has worked with him on a consistent basis or invited him into anything permanent. Even Izzy was invited into VR, but Izzy declined.

He is a true rock 'n' roll drummer...ever thougt that he's not in VR because of personal issues with other members? Well, imo his personality is weird/fun, but his skills are - well, he's a top drummer rock3

Axl won't show up - he'll probably just sue.

I believe that really could happen.

Well since Axl Legally owns the name, he could cause trouble if the HOF bigshots were presented under his band name,so it could get a little dicey legally, besides the fact that slash and Duff signed the name over to him, prior to their choosing to quit, I think Slash and steven would be the unwanted parties,Matt was never a full member.

Well since Axl Legally owns the name, he could cause trouble if the HOF bigshots were presented under his band name,so it could get a little dicey legally, besides the fact that slash and Duff signed the name over to him, prior to their choosing to quit, I think Slash and steven would be the unwanted parties,Matt was never a full member.

The HOF will induct and invite whoever they want. Axl can do nothing but either show up, or not show up. It's his call but you can bet your ass the others will be there.

When you wake up from your dream world give yourself a kick in the ass. Then get a reality check. After you do that prepare to do something else the night that the HOF show is on TV next year. Because you will get a good dose of Slash because he will be there. The only question is will Axl attend?

I think the R&R HOF is shit!!! There are so many band that should be in that are not and alot that shouldn't even be that are in it.

When you look at GNR in what ever configuration of players they have only released 4 full length ablums, one being a double album. They had and still do have a big following but how much did they really infuence other bands????? The reason I say this even before GNR split and Axl went into hiding the popular music changed and went in a different direction than anything GNR ever done. I understand that it is not a popularity contest but facts are facts as much as I hate to admitt it!! I wish the GNR machine could have some how stayed on track and slugged it out with the Seattle and Rap music seens that got so popular after GNR split. It would have been interesting to see if they would have had the staying power. But we willl never know for better or worse.

Do I think GNR should be in RRHOF by there judging there body of work? I will have to say no!! But when you consider who the RRHOF lets in then yes they do by that standard.

The only reason I say no is GNR in what ever form didn't put out enough music to really show they had staying power.

Do you remember when Axl, Slash, and Duff tried to prevent The Great Hits Album from coming out in 2004? Do you look at AFD albums sold in stores now? How about videos from their YouTube VEVO Channel? There's a reason Slash and Duff are still there, right on the product. Slash and Duff still control Guns N' Roses in certain capacities.

How about inducting dead people? Should Elvis' estate have been inducted instead of Elvis? Elvis was dead and his estate controlled his name.

People (or rather, Axl fans) are just getting really pissy about this because only the original band is going to get inducted (thus, unintentionally invalidating the new band's relevance and worth). It's eating them up inside and so...I'd go ahead and cut them some slack. It's going to take awhile for them to swallow this little nugget.

Edited by Nintari