Any leftovers from the Jeff Boerio list here?

Bards

I was remembering the halcyon days of the old GNR email list run by Jeff Boerio. Back in those dark days, that's what introduced me to GNR bootlegs and things I hadn't heard from the band that weren't on major commercial releases. Now that I'm older and crankier, I really miss the discussions and the people involved. Is there anyone else that was a member of that list that posts here? Or anyone that knows whatever happened to people like Jeff, Linda Scott, Kirk Thomas or anyone else that belonged to the list? Jarmo doesn't count, we all know what happened to him :)

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know where to put it.

Yeah, I was on that mailing list once upon a time. Still remember the excitement when a commercial came out for End of Days that featured a short clip of "Oh My God" in it. Wonder what happened to Boerio, he started a GNR website at one point but that was a long time ago.

Yup, I'm still on it.

Usually when I 'sabbatical' from GNR it lets me know something's happened. Then I go to the forums.

I once emailed a link to the 'new' leaks (Better, good version of IRS) to the list when all that hit the fan all those years ago.

=)

Yeah, that was a great list. I feel like Jeff definitely deserves a lot of credit for keeping a place for GNR fans to congregate and identify with other band members.

A lot of younger fans on here probably have no idea what it was like to be a GNR fan in the early 90s and then in the mid to late 90s. In the early 90s they were the biggest band in the world, by 95 - 96 it was almost akin to labeling yourself a loser by admitting you were a GNR fan. It was until early 2001 or 2002 that I felt the shift and wasn't made fun of for liking the band; but those were some lonely days from '94 to the new millennium. Jeff provided a community for the few diehard fans who stuck with the band when absolutely nothing was going on. For all of you younger fans (15-25) who think it's rough being a GNR now, you absolutely have NO IDEA what it was like to be a GNR fan back in the mid to late 90s. Those were some lean times when it came to GNR news. It would be years before even the slightest rumor or gossip was available about the band. Hell, from '94 to 2001 we had no idea what Axl looked like with exception of his mug shot when he was arrested in an Arizona airport.

I think a few of the posters are still active within the GNR community. I recognize some of the signatures here. I always wondered what happened to Jeff and people like Linda Scott (who was a massive Slash fan - ran his unofficial website for years).

Say what you want about Jarmo, but if it weren't for people like Jeff and Jarmo I'm not sure many people would have stuck with the band holding out for any kind of development. It was definitely a moment in time.

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. Yes, the list is still active, though Jeff stopped paying for proprietary mailing list service a few years ago. It's not a free mailing list using Google I believe. It certainly doesn't get as many posts as it once did. Ravi, who also mods Jarmo's forum, is probably the most active user. I appreciate his commitment to it.