If Axl stopped being angry, would he have anything to write about?

the

If Axl were to stop being angry at Slash and supporters, Stephanie Seymour, the press, what would he have to write about? Would he pen happy songs? I think anger drives a lot of Axl's songwriting. If you back track Chinese Democracy back from Appetite the anger seems to evolve and grow with an ever increasing quantity of enemies.

Some singers do musical theater and can sing with passion as part of an act. Axl's songs on the other hand always seem to be genuine with palpable emotion based on true to life stories.

I think Axl doesn't hate Slash or anyone anymore but he has to maintain that anger to avoid a writers block. I just think it's curious how very few songs have been made after 2002.

I think that he isn't angry at the things you mentioned. Or I hope he isn't anymore. If only those things can get Axl to write then he would be too one-dimensional. He can be angry at himself or because of politics and things like that. Those kinda things give birth to a lot of good aggressive songs.

For ours and his sake, I hope he is past that what happened in the 90's.

But yeah, I kinda share your opinion. That he has to maintain some kind of anger. I just hope that it is "positive" anger and not that negative, depressing kind.

There may well have been tracks made since 2002, just weren't relased on Chinese Democracy

Axl does indeed write with a lot of emotion, and anger does seem to be a basis for a lot of songs,but i dont think that feeling alone makes him write what he does, its a combination of things, much like any artist. And what he writes may well be influenced based on the musical parts the other members come up with first, and he writes in that vein to fit the music.

Who knows. But either way, what he wries kicks arse :thumbsup:

Axl = Anger

The single Chinese Democracy is Axl having a pop at the Chinese government. He could have chosen any democracy he didn't agree with. I can only guess, because of his ego, he opted for the Chinese as there is a lot of them. Maybe he hoped his record would some how get the people of China going, and things could change in a way Axl sees for the better.

I am not sure what the results would be if Axl penned a song agreeing with something. That wouldn't be very rock n'roll :D

Edited by star

* Appetite was about their rise to success in the mean streets of L.A.

* UYI was about Erin Everly and coping with all the fame that was thrown their way.

* CD (And hopefully CD2) is about Stephanie Seymour and his anger towards his ex-bandmates and those who've done him wrong along the way to the album.

Which begs the question, what's he going to sing about on the GNR 3.0 album, his anger towards Irving Azoff, Guitar Hero, Dr. Pepper, and Ulrich Schnauss???

* UYI was about Erin Everly and coping with all the fame that was thrown their way.

* CD (And hopefully CD2) is about Stephanie Seymour and his anger towards his ex-bandmates and those who've done him wrong along the way to the album.

Which begs the question, what's he going to sing about on the GNR 3.0 album, his anger towards Irving Azoff, Guitar Hero, Dr. Pepper, and Ulrich Schnauss???

You forgot to mention Axl's anger towards cars. That Bentley took a beating :D

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/21/axl-rose-bentley-leased-guns-n-roses-lawsuit-damaged-car/

Edited by star

You forgot the mention Axl's anger towards cars. That Bentley took a beating :D

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/21/axl-rose-bentley-leased-guns-n-roses-lawsuit-damaged-car/

Haha, how could I forget? Any other lawsuits we're forgetting that will inevitably keep new music off the fans itunes in 2011? So far it's 5. Rock n' roll!! <_<

I wouldn't call Catcher, This I Love, Madagascar or If The World angry.

Perhaps not coming out of anger, but depression and loneliness. Outside of Sweet Child, I can't think of a song off the top of my head Axl's written that's come from a positive place. It could be that he chooses to channel his negative energy into music and deal with it that way, or it could be that he's a very sad and bitter soul.

Every good musician writes about what he knows. Everyone has the same feelings no matter who they are.

It's what makes us human.

And yeah, not all GNR songs are angry songs. They are full of different emotions and that's what makes a great artist.

If Axl were to stop being angry at Slash and supporters, Stephanie Seymour, the press, what would he have to write about? Would he pen happy songs? I think anger drives a lot of Axl's songwriting. If you back track Chinese Democracy back from Appetite the anger seems to evolve and grow with an ever increasing quantity of enemies.

Some singers do musical theater and can sing with passion as part of an act. Axl's songs on the other hand always seem to be genuine with palpable emotion based on true to life stories.

I think Axl doesn't hate Slash or anyone anymore but he has to maintain that anger to avoid a writers block. I just think it's curious how very few songs have been made after 2002.

I don't think Axl has any real hate towards Slash. I think there's some frustration and bitterness at what happened, but in his day to day life, I don't think he gives Slash much thought if he can help it. He'll always have a connection with Slash, but that doesn't mean he feels like seeing him anytime soon. If you've had old friends who betrayed you, or an ex-wife you have no obligation towards, do you really feel like seeing them again? I'm sure he finds out what's going on through mutual friends and leaves it at that. I don't know how they live and work in the same city and manage to be able to avoid each other, but it sounds like they've been able to do that.

I don't think all the songs on CD were personal experiences,but he could identify with it and relate to it enough to channel it.

Not to mention Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Don't Cry, Estranged, yesterdays, knockin' on heaven's door..

knocking on heaven's door? lol

Axl defiantly wrote that one :tongue2:

Axl didn't write Knocking on heaven's door. Bob Dylan did.

GNR did a remake of the song, which I happen to think kicks ass.

Not to mention Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Don't Cry, Estranged, yesterdays, knockin' on heaven's door..

Axl defiantly wrote that one :tongue2:

Axl didn't write Knocking on heaven's door. Bob Dylan did.

GNR did a remake of the song, which I happen to think kicks ass.

I think he was joking dude!

I'm well aware of the origins of that song, but it's a song GN'R pretty much made their own, it's still worth mentioning, imo :P