Matt Sorum says, Axl played the London show for Duff not for the audience.

Dude on the Couch

Sure, because one totally gets excited at the idea of buying a vaporware album that has been constantly bashed by everybody for the last decade.

The point is, you everybody knew about it + there is also a Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose factor, it wasn't just an album, it was something from the band which is surrounded by the constant drama in the media. I'm sure some people've bought the album just out of curiosity how the band sounds without old members.

But yes, the problem is, the album must be promoted when you release it, otherwise...I mean, without the active promotion, who will buy the album? Mostly fans, who already know the band, but if you want to make a major hit, you need to get new fans.

mastondonny, shut it... you're losing.

How so? The reality is that the album came and went with a wimper.

Correct. People here seem to think it was this huge success. It wasn't. It was like a firework with the fuse burning for 15 years then when it went off it was a dud. And you could put a cardboard cutout of Axl with a backing track of WTTJ on a loop and the Asians would sell out each venue.

Internet's #1 cupcake strikes again!!!!

An album doesnt have to sell 20 million copies to be good. If that's the case Justin Beiber is the new king of pop :rofl-lol:

What else are you into? Lady Gaga and Kanye West? please enlighten us and show us the path to other great music

Whether the album was good or bad musically was not the point he was trying to make volcano.

What he was trying to say was that GN'R are irrelevant today and if you think that this band is taking the world by storm, then you are delusional.

This is no Beatlemania. Not even close.

lol matt lol slash. Go on with your shitty band called Velvet Revolver. Oh wait, they don't have a singer :rofl-lol:

They will soon mate and most likely put out two or three new albums worth of new material before Axl even lays down vocals in the studio again and you all will still be sitting here waiting for imaginary leaks of ChiDem II material......... now that is .... :rofl-lol:

Yeah, I can't wait for more albums like Libertad, it was so fresh and exciting.

lol matt lol slash. Go on with your shitty band called Velvet Revolver. Oh wait, they don't have a singer :rofl-lol:

They will soon mate and most likely put out two or three new albums worth of new material before Axl even lays down vocals in the studio again and you all will still be sitting here waiting for imaginary leaks of ChiDem II material......... now that is .... :rofl-lol:

They've been saying the have found or been looking for a singer for years. Might as well call it quits. They can all do stuff solo if they want. Slash is touring again in 2011 with Myles Kennedy and might make an album with him. There won't be a new Velvet Revolver for a while. Just call Scott again or call it quits.

Oh wait Axl didn't have a BAND for years! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Idiot.

Well, Axl has a band now, so I don't know how that statement even matter's.

Fact is Revolver don't have a singer.

I mean surely the 20,000, 30,000 strong crowds that Guns has played to this year in all different countries, in many cases sold out shows, aren't "nobody."

I mean they played TWO back to back completely sold out shows at the 02 area, which is 20,000 people, this year. They played a completely sold out 45,000 strong show in Argentina this year--Just two examples of a number of sell out shows above the 10,000 mark.

Seeing them sell out 02 must've really burned the Slashfanbois asses :rofl-lol:

Whoopdeedamndo. Peter, Paul and Mary could sell out a place in Argentina. What, they get like 3 concerts a year?

In the markets where it matters the most, CD was greeted with a collective yawn.

shifting_goalposts.jpg

So, the UK is a market that doesn't matter? I mean selling out the 02, that's just a big nothing, right?

I was referencing the album not the concert turnouts. People went to the show to hear the old songs for the most part and not cuts off of CD.

Mast, why is is so important to you to bash Axl and fans of the current GnR? I don't get it. Slash has moved on.....but you can't? Slash and Duff wish Axl success.......but you can't? Weird.

And your comment about why people went to the shows is ridiculous. You have no idea why millions of people have went to see the new band in concert. I saw them twice and if there is another U.S. show and there aren't new songs - I won't go. I've heard the classics live. I've listen to the live album a thousand times. I've watched a thousand youtube videos of the classics. I'd much rather see a show next year that featured all songs from CD and CDII.

so the other thread about Matt Sorum got moved and this one is still here.

why?

" were are the mods? " a rhetorical question .

move - this pointless joke of an excuse of news - thread, just to get in here some comments a former band member got to say about another former band member which got to play with GNR in 2010.

piss out peace in