Your concerts in 2011

Powerage5

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 31 / January 1 - Infected Mushroom / Schpongle / Hallucination (Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC)

Iron and Wine (1/29/11, Radio City Music Hall)

Godspeed You Black Emperor (3/14/11, Brooklyn Masonic Temple)

Godspeed You Black Emperor (3/17/11, Manhattan)

Godspeed You Black Emperor (3/18/11, Troc, Philly)

Acid Mothers Temple (4/13/11, Johnny Brendas, Philly)

Bassnectar (4/16/11, Atlantic City, NJ)

Mogwai (4/20/11, Starlight, Philly)

Bonnaroo 2011 (7/9 - 7/12/11, Manchester, Tennessee)

Earth (7/16/11, Le Poisson Rouge, NYC)

Earth should be fucking sick.

Thinking about going to ATP in Asbury Park this year on Sunday only.

So far they have Portishead (Curating), Mogwai, Thee Silver Mt. Zion, and Earth confirmed so far. The only thing is that it's for $110 (for 1 day pass) and that I will have seen all of the bands except for Portishead.

Is it worth it????

Edited by stevGNR666

Back from my Austin, TX adventure. Chris Cornell’s show was fantastic and well worth the trip. Was also introduced to the music of William Elliott Whitmore, who opened the show. If you’ve never heard of him (as was the case for me) check him out. My mascara was a complete loss by the time his part of the show was over. Powerful lyrics - passionately delivered.

Also saw John Mellencamp's show at Austin City Limits!

December 31 / January 1 - Infected Mushroom / Schpongle / Hallucination (Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC)

Iron and Wine (1/29/11, Radio City Music Hall)

Godspeed You Black Emperor (3/14/11, Brooklyn Masonic Temple)

Godspeed You Black Emperor (3/17/11, Manhattan)

Godspeed You Black Emperor (3/18/11, Troc, Philly)

The Black Angels (4/5/11, First Unitarian Church, Philly)

Acid Mothers Temple (4/13/11, Johnny Brendas, Philly)

Bassnectar (4/16/11, Atlantic City, NJ)

Mogwai (4/20/11, Starlight, Philly)

Battles (4/26/11, Le Poisson Rouge, NYC)

Bonnaroo 2011 (7/9 - 7/12/11, Manchester, Tennessee)

Earth (7/16/11, Le Poisson Rouge, NYC)

This past Tuesday I kinda fell into seeing The Black Angels again and for anyone whose into fun retro (but serious shit) these guys fit the bill.

May or may not see Battles again at the end of the month.

Saw Tower Of Power in Kingston last weekend, incredible show, shitty venue. Played a half hour and 6 songs more than were listed on the setlist! 24 songs, which is the most I've seen them do in a single show (Though I've seen them do 41 songs in a double header).

Saw Rush last night also. They sound AMAZING this tour, despite no setlist changes. Geddy hasn't sound this good live since the early 90's IMO. The highest notes in the show (Marathon, Freewill, Spirit Of Radio, etc.) were all spot on, no shrieking like the last couple tours. They also did a bit of a Cygnus X-1 tease at the end of Working Man!

I saw rush a couple years ago and most of the old songs were detuned. I'm not saying this in any disrespect to Geddy because those high notes are still fucking high, but those high notes are just not as high.

Really? What tour? As far as I know, 2112 is the only song which has been detuned in a while, and that's still the case. I'm a little fuzzy on the '90s tours, but to my knowledge the only song in the 00's and 10's that's been played tuned down in 2112.

I saw rush a couple years ago and most of the old songs were detuned. I'm not saying this in any disrespect to Geddy because those high notes are still fucking high, but those high notes are just not as high.

Really? What tour? As far as I know, 2112 is the only song which has been detuned in a while, and that's still the case. I'm a little fuzzy on the '90s tours, but to my knowledge the only song in the 00's and 10's that's been played tuned down in 2112.

I think you're right I'm sorry, I did some research, I thought it was natural science or witch hunt but I watched some videos and they're in the same key.

• 2 weeks later...