Vincent Vega

Boston mate, theres a soundboard recording as well. But I suppose he sounds best on the new songs, his rasp free voice doesnt work so well on the old ones. I think the HOB 01/01/01 performance is Axl's highlight of that period, he sounds out of this world.

I think the Madison Square Garden show, the final gig of the tour and the last with Buckethead is the best. Only an audience recording, but it's decent quality, and the band is on fire.

Albany and Boston are also solid.

MSG 2002....

Soundboard wise, I've always prefered Columbus to the other shows. Plus, there's a few little speeches/rants in there. Unfortunately, some of the show is missing from the soundboard that's floating around...

There is an audience recording of the whole show floating around, though.

Edited by RickRoses

I feel like I need to hear the Osaka show. I've only heard The Blues and Rhiad, but Axl sounds awesome, probably the best of that time period. Is there a full recording of that show, or at least a few more songs?

A question, for Bootleg savvy people here:

What are the best 2002 shows? I mean the shows where Axl sounds the best vocally, for example.

Is this a trick question? There are NO shows from 2002 where he sounds even remotely good. I was at the Boston show and was embarassed for him - partly because of his voice, and partly because of that freakshow guitarist he trotted out on stage.

What are the best 2002 shows? I mean the shows where Axl sounds the best vocally, for example.

Is this a trick question? There are NO shows from 2002 where he sounds even remotely good. I was at the Boston show and was embarassed for him - partly because of his voice, and partly because of that freakshow guitarist he trotted out on stage.

Yeah, this was a trick question to make all the assworms crawl out of the woodwork, it worked, you posted, I'm sure your vocals are far superior,

Bucket chooses to present his image to the public, that does not take anything away from his musicianship, why doen't you go do something

productive,Like use crazy glue next time you bring out Mr. Winky, that would keep you from the keyboard with your anonymous hater posts.

There are numerous shows from 2002 floating around,most are quite good imo.

Knockin' On Heaven's Door: I would take either the Columbus show or the Minneapolis show! His voice is awesome and Buckethead's solo makes a guy nearly break down and cry. On a side note, since Axl wore jerseys from each of the towns GNR played at, does anyone have a pic of Axl wearing jerseys from Minneapolis (vikings, twins, wild, twolves, gophers)

Yeah, this was a trick question to make all the assworms crawl out of the woodwork, it worked, you posted, I'm sure your vocals are far superior,

Bucket chooses to present his image to the public, that does not take anything away from his musicianship, why doen't you go do something

productive,Like use crazy glue next time you bring out Mr. Winky, that would keep you from the keyboard with your anonymous hater posts.

You must be a fan of Mickey Mouse since that's who appeared on stage to sing some Guns tunes that year. His voice was TERRIBLE, and we never got an answer as to why. In contrast, his 09-10 voice is probably as good as the UYI years.

You must be a fan of Mickey Mouse since that's who appeared on stage to sing some Guns tunes that year. His voice was TERRIBLE, and we never got an answer as to why. In contrast, his 09-10 voice is probably as good as the UYI years.

Careful there George, that last sentence actually wasn't a slam against GNR, you're gonna ruin your reputation :lol:

Careful there George, that last sentence actually wasn't a slam against GNR, you're gonna ruin your reputation :lol:

I will fully give credit and praise where it's due - Axl's voice is clearly the standout, upfront, best thing about this band and it's because if you close your eyes, it's like the early 90's again. The 2002 shows were a bad, strategic mistake by Axl. I don't need to re-hash my other negative points (which DO carry some merit, even if you don't agree with me).

I will fully give credit and praise where it's due - Axl's voice is clearly the standout, upfront, best thing about this band and it's because if you close your eyes, it's like the early 90's again. The 2002 shows were a bad, strategic mistake by Axl. I don't need to re-hash my other negative points (which DO carry some merit, even if you don't agree with me).

No, I don't agree with you because your opinions are just that-opinions

and I have my own, the only merit they carry is in your head.

Ok cool, you and 9 other people total can continue believing this is Guns n Roses.

Ok cool, you and 9 other people total can continue believing this is Guns n Roses.

Asian leg

Date City Country Venue Attendance #

12/11/2009 Banqiao Taiwan Taipei County Stadium 18,000[144] *

12/13/2009 Seoul South Korea Olympic Arena 6,000[145]

12/16/2009 Osaka Japan Osaka Dome 36,000[146]

12/19/2009 Tokyo Japan Tokyo Dome 30,000[147] **

01/27/2010 Montreal Canada Bell Centre 15,000[157]

01/28/2010 Toronto Canada Air Canada Centre 21,000[158] Sold Out[159]

03/07/2010 Brasilia Brazil Ginásio Nilson Nelson 13,000[165] Sold Out[166]

03/10/2010 Belo Horizonte Brazil Mineirinho 15,000[167]

03/13/2010 São Paulo Brazil Estádio Palestra Itália 40,000[168] Sold Out[169]

03/16/2010 Porto Alegre Brazil Estacionamento da Fiergs 20,000[170] Sold Out[171]

03/18/2010 Montevideo Uruguay Estadio Centenario 30,000[172]

03/20/2010 Santiago Chile Movistar Arena 15,000[173] Sold Out[173]

03/22/2010 Buenos Aires Argentina Estadio José Amalfitani 45,000[174] Sold Out[175]

03/25/2010 Lima Perú Estadio Monumental 30,000[176]

03/27/2010 Caracas Venezuela Poliedro de Caracas 15,000[177]

03/30/2010 Bogotá Colombia Parque Jaime Duque 20,000[178]

04/01/2010 Quito Ecuador Estadio Olímpico 36,000[179] Sold Out[179]

04/04/2010 Rio de Janeiro Brazil Praça da Apoteose 35,000[180] *

10/13/2010 London United Kingdom The O2 Arena 20,000[231] Sold Out[232]

10/14/2010 London United Kingdom The O2 Arena 20,000[231] Sold Out*

10/17/2010 Birmingham United Kingdom LG Arena 12,000[233] Sold Out[234]

10/18/2010 Manchester United Kingdom M.E.N. Arena 15,000[235] Sold Out[236]

12/01/2010 Townsville Australia Reid Park 16,000[242]

12/04/2010 Sydney Australia ANZ Stadium 40,000[243] V8 Supercars[244]

Date City Country Venue Attendance Notes

12/16/2010 Abu Dhabi UAE Yas Arena 21,000[247] Sold Out[248]

Knockin' On Heaven's Door: I would take either the Columbus show or the Minneapolis show! His voice is awesome and Buckethead's solo makes a guy nearly break down and cry. On a side note, since Axl wore jerseys from each of the towns GNR played at, does anyone have a pic of Axl wearing jerseys from Minneapolis (vikings, twins, wild, twolves, gophers)

hey does the Knockin on heavens door bucket solo from Columbus and Minneapolis sound like the one from 2002 leeds? cuz i always loved that version of the song in general and really loved the bucket solo at leeds but didnt like that it was so brief.

also do you know where i can find recordings for those 2 shows?

Edited by amacfantasy

Asian leg

03/16/2010 Porto Alegre Brazil Estacionamento da Fiergs 20,000[170] Sold Out[171]

03/22/2010 Buenos Aires Argentina Estadio José Amalfitani 45,000[174] Sold Out[175]

99% was only there to see axl and hear AFD. they either didn't believe this isn't gnr or didn't know :thumbsup:

Asian leg

99% was only there to see axl and hear AFD. they either didn't believe this isn't gnr or didn't know :thumbsup:

Your post contains a triple or quadruple negative, I can't tell...but you aren't going to see those types of numbers in the US.

YCBM from Chiba, Japan in 2002 shows that Axl COULD get super raspy and be awesome during this period. He sang it like he would have in 1993 or 2006. I don't think he ever went into Mickey Mouse for that at all. Also his performances of Chinese Democracy in the chorus (kind of since there isn't a real chorus) sounds pretty much exactly the same as it was for the 2010 tour. Maybe he was just trying to sing differently?

100% agree. 2002 was a complete embarrassment. Axl now sounds almost as good as the early 90s.

I remember reading somehere where Axl admitted that the 2002 shows weren't the best or they weren't completely ready for the tours but that that period definately helped them bond and gel as a band to become what they are today etc..