New bumblefoot song tomorrow

axl666

Isn't he releasing a cover song tommorow? I think he's got two covers he intends to release (one after the other) with a look to an EP of original material being put out there in the summertime.

I'm really excited about it. Ron's deploying some really cool initiatives to satisfy his fans (e.g social application and possibly even an interactive remixable edition of his summer release).

If only Guns would follow his lead...

Bernadette

New Bumblefoot Song Released

January 18, 2011

Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal has released the first of a series of singles, a punky guitar-virtuosic cover of the Four Tops' 1967 Motown hit "Bernadette." The song was recorded in the weeks surrounding Ron's first tour with GNR as their new guitarist in 2006.

http://www.bumblefoot.com/discography/bernadette/bumblefoot-bernadette.htm#story

The song is available in MP3 (320kps), AAC, and higher-quality formats FLAC, MP3 HD, Apple Lossless and WAV. An instrumental version of the song is also available in these formats.

For guitarists, a "Player Pack" includes a 12-page transcription of the entire lead guitar track (PDF file), accompanied by a 'Backing Track' version of the song (in both MP3 and WAV formats) with everything except the lead/solo guitar parts, so you can play along.

And for the studio-savvy, a "Producer Pack" of mix “stems” - six separate files of drums, bass, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, vocals and backing vocals that you can load into your multi-track software and play with levels, edit, and make your own mixes.

http://www.bumblefoot.com/discography/bernadette/bumblefoot-bernadette.htm#store

Oh boy can't wait I bet its called Night Rain or Welcome to The Florest :violin:

Do some research before you make yourself look like a fucking idiot. Besides a few songs that may be ABOUT his time in GNR, he's never referenced or copied a GNR song, and would never sink so low as to do what you posted.

I love what I've heard so far (the thirty second snippet). Hope to secure myself the full version very shortly. Might get the stems also.

Oh boy can't wait I bet its called Night Rain or Welcome to The Florest :violin:

Wise up. Ron has never ripped off Guns material and never will (simply because he's too dignified and respectful). He has always maintained a very distinct line between GN'R and his solo stuff and there is no chance whatsover the two pieces which comprise his musical career will ever become even remotely intertwined.

I'm indifferent, I love the four tops and the original Bernadette..Bumble doing this just seems odd, I love the original too much. I'll hold judgement till i hear the whole thing, but it's a daring move..

Look at the subject matter of the song: "The Top 10 U.S. hit "Bernadette" centered around a man's all-consuming obsession with his lover". I get that's pretty generic (a love song, right?), but songs like

... they talk about enslavement of the soul and shit. If you listen to his solo work, it's not an odd choice at all.

Really cool cover. Pacing could have been better in some spots, but the solo is mind-fuckingly cool. You can also read BBF's story behind it here.

Downloaded it. Like the solo in the second half of the song a lot.

However I don't like the vocals; they're a bit too shouty and not

melodic enough.

Overall it's disappointing; and I'm speaking as a big fan of

normal and abnormal