Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

Is anyone in here still watching Mad Men, or is this the Game of Thrones thread now? Anyway, the previous episode was the best of the season, I think. Poor Layne. :(

Also looking forward to the season premiere of True Blood, the trailer looked really exciting - I've been curious about The Authority for a long time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone in here still watching Mad Men, or is this the Game of Thrones thread now? Anyway, the previous episode was the best of the season, I think. Poor Layne. :(

Also looking forward to the season premiere of True Blood, the trailer looked really exciting - I've been curious about The Authority for a long time.

mad men is damn good! the whole season has been pretty great. last 2 episodes have been amazing.

awake was pretty good. shame it only got 1 season.

Game of Thrones finale was good.

those fuckin' things are the end - the walking dead? the fuck?

those are white walkers. they were featured in the first ever episode i think. about damn time they came back, i've missed them. scary fuckers. surely you remember?

Yeah, I remember them. Just didn't expect some to look like straight up zombies, and more like the one that was on the horse. Creepy fucker. And with the whole horde, it looked like something out of the Walking Dead.

true, true.

Edited by CheapJon

I don't have much time to watch TV anymore, but I do like:

Hardcore Pawn

Restaurant Impossible

Hotel Impossible

Hoarders / Hoarding: Buried Alive

Man Vs. Food

And pretty much anything on the History Channel

Hotel Impossible is pretty good!

It's really funny because the host reminds me exactly of a guy that I used to work with. Looks like Him, talks like him, same facial expressions - everything.

GOT finale was boring in my opinion.

expected more since it was a finale.

guess battle of blackwater was the real finale and fire and blood was meant to be somewhat of a epilogue.

disappointed with this season as a whole.

i don't think it was bad, i just think it was slow and it just didn't hold my attention the way season one did.

Easily my favorite show on TV. I'm pretty excited for the season finale, and I agree, poor Layne.

The actor who plays him (Jared Harris) let it slip in an interview that Peggy is leaving the show, too. If that's true, I think Ginsberg is gonna take her spot in the show.

Justified S2 is pretty good, I thought maybe it would tail off but it's got more innteresting.

keep watching.

i wanted to hate this show so bad, but i was wrong.

you are about to fall in love with boyd crowder.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Easily my favorite show on TV. I'm pretty excited for the season finale, and I agree, poor Layne.

The actor who plays him (Jared Harris) let it slip in an interview that Peggy is leaving the show, too. If that's true, I think Ginsberg is gonna take her spot in the show.

Poor Layne? No Peggy? WTF?!

Justified S2 is pretty good, I thought maybe it would tail off but it's got more innteresting.

keep watching.

i wanted to hate this show so bad, but i was wrong.

you are about to fall in love with boyd crowder.

he's going back to the dark side.its weird I don't hate the cowboy hat or raglan but sometimes it's like the show doesn't need his ladies man charms.

Borrowing Season 2 of Breaking Bad on blu-ray from a friend at work. Hope to have it finished by next weekend! :thumbsup:

Wish I could go back and watch it again for the first time.. amazing television. Gets better and better as it goes on, it's had a pretty much flawless run so far, and with the end in sight it's just possible they could nail a perfect series.

are you surprised? she left the company. on great terms. peggy had a great ending. her charachter didn't really go anywhere, she got less and less TV time. it was time to move on and they gave her a great out. her smile and that song when she went into the elevator was perfect.

Poor Layne? No Peggy? WTF?!

My apologies, I should've put up the spoiler tag.

are you surprised? she left the company. on great terms. peggy had a great ending. her charachter didn't really go anywhere, she got less and less TV time. it was time to move on and they gave her a great out. her smile and that song when she went into the elevator was perfect.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I thought they might keep her around similar to Betty's role on the show. I thought that scene between her and Don was excellent and if she is in fact gone, then it was a great way to end her character. I would like to see her in a later season just to see how she has done at the other agency.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I thought they might keep her around similar to Betty's role on the show. I thought that scene between her and Don was excellent and if she is in fact gone, then it was a great way to end her character. I would like to see her in a later season just to see how she has done at the other agency.

yeah, probably not the last but we'll maybe see less and less of her.

i watched an episode and a half of touch, didn't really fall for it. maybe i'll give it another try sometime

thoughts on True Blood premiere?

i hated last season. marne as the main villain was just uninteresting.

and i hated the character progression of Pam and Lafeyette.

they both turned into whiny bitches

they use to be so badass.

with that sad, i thought the premiere was pretty dam good

tara as a vamp.....

should be a interesting season

Edited by SunnyDRE

And what's up with Eric banging his sister? Incest is common among vampires?

I think they are just bound together by the same maker. That's the only blood they share.

Anyway, I have high expectations for this season. Good premiere. Tara as a vamp will be better than Tara as a human.

Re Mad Men, this season was gangbusters. Roger tripping, Pete getting punched (repeatedly), Joan selling herself out, Peggy not selling herself out, Layne's suicide, Fat Betty and what appears to be the return of pre-Megan whipped Don Draper. -_-

And what's up with Eric banging his sister? Incest is common among vampires?

I think they are just bound together by the same maker. That's the only blood they share.

Anyway, I have high expectations for this season. Good premiere. Tara as a vamp will be better than Tara as a human.

Yeah, the premiere was good, but so many "lolwtf?" moments and corny-ass moments. Seriously, this show just seems to get cornier and cornier.

I've got high hopes for this season, though.

Also, I was really hoping Tara would have just died.

I also finished Season Two of Breaking Bad. Now I remember why this show was so great! Gonna start Season Three today.

GOT finale was boring in my opinion.

expected more since it was a finale.

guess battle of blackwater was the real finale and fire and blood was meant to be somewhat of a epilogue.

disappointed with this season as a whole.

i don't think it was bad, i just think it was slow and it just didn't hold my attention the way season one did.

I enjoyed the season. It was pretty much all a build up to Blackwater and the season finale served the purpose of the first season finale. Set up for the next season. A Storm of Swords is good for two seasons but I am not sure how they will be able to hold everyone's attention for the last two books and if the author will ever finish the next two books.

mad men is damn good! the whole season has been pretty great. last 2 episodes have been amazing.

awake was pretty good. shame it only got 1 season.

Game of Thrones finale was good.

those fuckin' things are the end - the walking dead? the fuck?

those are white walkers. they were featured in the first ever episode i think. about damn time they came back, i've missed them. scary fuckers. surely you remember?

Yeah, I remember them. Just didn't expect some to look like straight up zombies, and more like the one that was on the horse. Creepy fucker. And with the whole horde, it looked like something out of the Walking Dead.

true, true.

There were only two White Walkers in the scene, the zombies are called wights.