2011 Slash Tour Videos

evergreen_layne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this video from the Slash gig in Sao Paulo last night.

It sounds like the entire crowd is singing along to Starlight. Pretty cool to see since it was not a single from the album or one of the popular GNR/VR songs. Those fans were hardcore.

Check out this video from the Slash gig in Sao Paulo last night.

It sounds like the entire crowd is singing along to Starlight. Pretty cool to see since it was not a single from the album or one of the popular GNR/VR songs. Those fans were hardcore.

yeah I noticed that. and you can see Myles crack a bit of a smile and nod yes between lines in the first verse. he's loving it. :) makes me smile to see that.

I noticed that. and you can see Myles crack a bit of a smile and nod yes between lines in the first verse. he's loving it.

That had to feel good for Myles more than any of them as it was one of his and Slash's songs and not just a cover tune he was singing the crowd was going wild over. He's got to be exhausted considering the time he has spent the past year on the road with continuous Slash/AB/Slash touring, but little moments like that are what I suspect helps make the workload worth it for him.

I also think the fact that the Slash and AB gigs are such different animals keeps Myles on his toes. From what I have seen the AB shows are a bit more intense (due to the nature of the music and his playing guitar all show) while the Slash gigs are more of a big party type atmosphere. I suspect he enjoys having the chance to do a little bit of both between the 2 outfits, which helps him to avoid burning out. He kind of has a best of both worlds thing going right now with his situation.

The start is so heavy and mean - almost sounds like something from Undertow. Then it transforms and that amazingly melodic guitar solo takes over.

Still find it one of the most impressive tracks from the album. I always wonder what a great singer would have done with it vocally.

Rocket queen, Buenos Aires. Great shoot, not mine. i was there, the show was incredible. Yesterday the top hat man reminds me why is the most amazing guitar player on the face of this planet. Ole ole ole oleeee ES LAASH ES LAAASH............

Edited by GNR_uruguay

I went on the 11th in Buenos Aires. Lemmy took the stage and played with Slash Dr. Alibi!

Incredible concert. Hot, sweety rock n roll show. Slash was at the top of his game.

lucky son of a bitch...

culoooon yo saque el primer concierto y no fue lemmy!! Igual me bastó con slash, no hay con quien compita este muchacho. Emocion tras emocion

Abrazo feconroses!

• 4 weeks later...

I went to see slash on argentina, on april 10th, and.....it was the best show of my life :D, way better than last year's guns n roses show in montevideo....maybe because of the fans in argentina, everyone including me went crazy in that stadium, here are the some of the best videos from that night i have seen so far... it was unforgettable, everyone singing along, look:

Godfather theme + Sweet Child O'Mine

And bonus:

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry but I dont keep up wih him

What does he do, travel around playing GNR covers?

thats kind of sad

For one thing, no it's not. He's just as entitled to play that stuff as nuGnR is... He helped create them and make those songs what they are. You've gotta fill the set with something with only one solo album out, so why not include GnR stuff? It's not like he's playing CD stuff. It's just stuff he was involved in.

Also, that's not all he's doing he's actually playing a good mix of his catalog of songs. GnR, VR, Slash's snakepit, and solo stuff. I'm sure as it gets closer to the release of apocalyptic love he'll start phasing out some older stuff and adding those in. So far they've only done you're a lie.

Sorry but I dont keep up wih him

thats kind of sad

He plays a few GnR covers...mostly original material.

Unlike Axl,who's doing the exact opposite.

thats kind of sad

It isn't sad because that isn't what he is doing. It is not like he is going around playing mostly GNR songs like you are insinuating

Plus I can't see how you think he should not be playing songs we was actually a part of the genesis of :shrugs:

Edited by WhazUp