Do you want the songs to leak?

Young_Gun

What is the general consensus?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MSL has 13+ songs(plus much more information). He could leak it anytime if he wants. If this happens, it will be catastrophic for the follow up album. I don't care what Axl said to Robin Finck about the leaks, this time its different. Last time people were waiting for 10 years for new material(me included), the leaks kept us going. Its only been just over 2 years since Chidem. I would love new material from my favorite band, but if the follow up album is only a few months away, then i would rather wait for the official promotion and release. Axl seems keen on doing things right this time, interviews, supposed music videos, re-releasing Chidem with proper promotion and a new track. Its clear that he got stuffed around before Chidem came out(might have been his own fault, who knows for now), but i do believe he is going to put in the effort this time. Leaking any number of songs will hurt the album BIG TIME. Any song leaked will probably be disregarded as a single, if the whole thing leaks then Axl will probably be thinking "fuck this, i've had it" and do a half arsed job(or go MIA again).

Like i said, i want new Guns songs as much as the rest of you, but if Guns come out in February and say "this is what we have planned for you, here are the dates for US tour, Chidem re-release etc" i will wait. They don't have to reveal everything of course, just enough to keep us keen. Any real fan wants the band to succeed, leaking the tracks is not going to do that. I hope MSL sees this too and i hope you guys vote for the right option. Peace.

If CD II isn't coming out this year or next than I wouldn't mind hearing Jackie Chan and Silkworms.

Chances are CD II will come out 2011. Quite high in fact.

Why do you say that?

Cause Axl is finally going to get off his ass and do things properly. I don't know why he dropped the ball back in 2008(the Azoff thing probably had ALOT to do with it). But he plans to re-release Chidem, do interviews, MSL even has supposed music videos of the band. MSL did say a few months ago that the record label were not interested in putting out CD II UNLESS a US tour is done to coincide with it. Well the band is going to do a US tour very soon.

If CD II isn't coming out this year or next than I wouldn't mind hearing Jackie Chan and Silkworms.

Why do you say that?

Cause Axl is finally going to get off his ass and do things properly. I don't know why he dropped the ball back in 2008(the Azoff thing probably had ALOT to do with it). But he plans to re-release Chidem, do interviews, MSL even has supposed music videos of the band. MSL did say a few months ago that the record label were not interested in putting out CD II UNLESS a US tour is done to coincide with it. Well the band is going to do a US tour very soon.

I think it all comes down to Axl working something out with the record company. That could delay things for years.

Why do you say that?

That makes alot of sense.

i had the leaks the last time around and still bought CD the day it came out but if this shit is legit and guns n roses comes out with a clear and thoughtful plan and these songs come out i will not get the leaks but if what MSL says and gnr doesnt reveal it i will probably get them

I want new music from GnR.

But I'd rather have them release it.. before CD was released I had already pretty much listened to all the songs and it ruined the album for me. I bought it, archived it, and that's it.

So I hope it will not leak, because I'm too weak / curious to actually wait :lol:

Edited by Lethalis

MSL has 13+ songs(plus much more information). He could leak it anytime if he wants. If this happens, it will be catastrophic for the follow up album. I don't care what Axl said to Robin Finck about the leaks, this time its different. Last time people were waiting for 10 years for new material(me included), the leaks kept us going. Its only been just over 2 years since Chidem. I would love new material from my favorite band, but if the follow up album is only a few months away, then i would rather wait for the official promotion and release. Axl seems keen on doing things right this time, interviews, supposed music videos, re-releasing Chidem with proper promotion and a new track. Its clear that he got stuffed around before Chidem came out(might have been his own fault, who knows for now), but i do believe he is going to put in the effort this time. Leaking any number of songs will hurt the album BIG TIME. Any song leaked will probably be disregarded as a single, if the whole thing leaks then Axl will probably be thinking "fuck this, i've had it" and do a half arsed job(or go MIA again).

Like i said, i want new Guns songs as much as the rest of you, but if Guns come out in February and say "this is what we have planned for you, here are the dates for US tour, Chidem re-release etc" i will wait. They don't have to reveal everything of course, just enough to keep us keen. Any real fan wants the band to succeed, leaking the tracks is not going to do that. I hope MSL sees this too and i hope you guys vote for the right option. Peace.

To the tools that voted that they want the songs to leak - you are the worst fans ever.

Edited by The Archer

Null vote. It was a very difficult decision.

I can understand that it is a very difficult decision, i loved Chidem and Guns are my favorite band, when i heard Bucket's guitar solo on There Was a Time i thought "man i gotta learn guitar", which has changed my life. I would love new tracks, but it seems Guns have some plans(re-release of Chidem, US tour, proper promo) that need to happen before that. I think that will tide me over for a while, especially if the re-release of Chidem contains a few new tracks and the proper artwork and booklet, i will happily purchase it again(twice, CD and vinyl).

The people that did vote yes are really selfish. Sure i downloaded the 2006 leaks like 99% of us did, but this time its different. There isn't 10 years of silence and no music. Its been just over 2 years since Chidem. Do you people even want this band to succeed on any level?

why the fuck would anyone want 192 kb/s shit quality songs downloaded in a zip file from mediafire in 10 seconds, when we can enjoy months of marketing/music videos and performances in the buildup and anticipation for cd2?

why the fuck would anyone want 192 kb/s shit quality songs downloaded in a zip file from mediafire in 10 seconds, when we can enjoy months of marketing/music videos and performances in the buildup and anticipation for cd2?

Exactly! I mean, I'm no saint when it comes to downloading songs, but i only download 3-4 songs from a band/artist, if i really like those songs, I'll buy the album. This is very different, the album isn't even out yet, its not like how Metallica's Death Magnetic leaked 8 days before launch, that stuff is standard now, this is months away from launch(at minimum), it could kill the whole thing. MSL has stated he has no plans on spoiling the upcoming album which is awesome, very relieved to hear that. Some of the "just give me music" attitudes here make me wonder why Axl doesn't show his love for us all that often. I've bagged out Axl heaps of times, but still want the band to succeed.