The Gear Thread

Some news from Seymour:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/newproducts/zephyr-silver-pickups.php

I wonder if these pups are closer to alnicos or ceramics, but, considering the price ($1200 a set <_< ) they better be good stuff. According to SD, this thing is available with any custom shop orders. If somebody finds a decent demo for it... please post it here. I'm quite interested now.

Wow WTF. Like really.

Here's What I'm Running

Fender Twin Reverb Reissue

Danelectro - Reel Echo

Morpheus DropTune

Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer

Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer

Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer

Ibanez TS808HW Tube Screamer

Boss AC3 - Acoustic Simulator

Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah Pedal

Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner

I literally have all the tube screamers hooked up at the same time, each tuned in differently. I switch between my Stevie Ray Fender Stratocaster and an Epiphone Les Paul.

Here's What I'm Running

Fender Twin Reverb Reissue

Danelectro - Reel Echo

Morpheus DropTune

Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer

Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer

Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer

Ibanez TS808HW Tube Screamer

Boss AC3 - Acoustic Simulator

Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah Pedal

Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner

I literally have all the tube screamers hooked up at the same time, each tuned in differently. I switch between my Stevie Ray Fender Stratocaster and an Epiphone Les Paul.

I love TS's. Using a Tube Screamer (or any OD pedal) as an additional channel is an awesome strategy. I prefer using a Nobels ODR S or the CM 2 for that purpose.

I love the Nobels, unlike other tubescreamer wannabes, this green guy seems to have an unique personality (and a nice 3 band EQ :thumbsup:). Too bad the jacks aren't placed sideways...

This is the normal, single-tone knob version. 4:43 Slaves And Bulldozers rock3

Say... is the hand wired version THAT superior compared to the stock pedal? it sure is way more expensive...

Jerry Cantrell's been using one lately:

Check this out:

I didn't expect it to reproduce SG's sound so well. I'm definetely getting one now.

rock1

3:16 Amazing low end, simply perfect for Mailman.

The Digitech XSW is another cool effect that got my attention recently:

Munky had one.

Edited by Chewbacca

Boss distortion, boss chorus, digitech delay, clapton crossroads pedal, banshee talkbox, dunlop crybaby wah from hell,

I love BOSS' distortion pedal line (I couldn't be any happier with my MD-2). Which one are you using there? DS-1?

I can't believe I won't be able to post my complete pedalboard here... aw, that sucks.

The way it seems to be going it looks like you will :rofl-lol: If the whole thing does magically vanish anytime soon though yes I agree - been looking forward to seeing yours since that initial post...

I can't believe I won't be able to post my complete pedalboard here... aw, that sucks.

The way it seems to be going it looks like you will :rofl-lol: If the whole thing does magically vanish anytime soon though yes I agree - been looking forward to seeing yours since that initial post...

Thanks. Your PB was awesome too (the older one was amazing)!

Well, I came here to post some news about this:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Firebird/Gibson-USA/Firebird-X.aspx

This thing looks like the Eventide (any) or better yet, the Flanger Hoax of the guitars it's full of cool features. Somehow, It looks bigger (technologically) than the XSI.

Built-in effects on the freakin guitar? Interesting

They are really fond of it. (they didn't even demo it here).

World's ultimate guitar... We'll see about that really soon I guess.

I don't have a picture, but here's my updated set-up:

Guitar > Boss TU-2 Tuner > Dunlop Slash Wah > EVH Phase 90 > Digitech Whammy > Boss CH-1 Super Chorus > Boss DD-3 Delay > Amp

The latest guitar is the Epiphone Appetite Les Paul. Finally I'm pretty damn close to Slash's tone (adding my own flair to it of course) and it does a decent brown sound too.

• Like 1

I'm charging my camera now, so as soon as it's done I'll get some pictures!

For now, the only video I've got with the Slash is me attempting the live version of the Jump solo. Go easy on me, I had just learned it. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-Y1SFs9E0

Haven't gotten around to recording any GNR yet, but trust me - it's a beast.

Nice, dude! Amazing technique. I was wanting to record Civil War downtuned to Bb and show it to you, guys. But I ain't got any money for a good camera, I'm saving everything I have for that project. Not to mention that I don't have a clue on how to use youtube. Also, I wanted to learn a little more about that plug-your-guitar-directly-into-the-pc-for-better-video-quality stuff. Anybody?

I appreciate it! Never got around to the pictures so tomorrow I probably will.

I have a Samson microphone that plugs directly into a USB port. It belongs to the drummer in my band, so I'm not sure what he paid. I stick it in front of my amp as you would any other microphone and then record that into GarageBand. The video is right from my laptop webcam. Do a quick line-up job in iMovie and it's ready for YouTube.

I appreciate it! Never got around to the pictures so tomorrow I probably will.

I have a Samson microphone that plugs directly into a USB port. It belongs to the drummer in my band, so I'm not sure what he paid. I stick it in front of my amp as you would any other microphone and then record that into GarageBand. The video is right from my laptop webcam. Do a quick line-up job in iMovie and it's ready for YouTube.

Wow! Sounds a bit too complicated for me :rofl-lol:

I've heard that the Jamman (any) by Digitech would also be an awesome choice for that kind of thing. With it, you can save a, up to 10 minutes, guitar song and then store it on the PC via USB plug or a flash card.

Digitech is running a contest right now, 15 days of distortion. That may be your chance of winning a new pedal for free.

Follow the link to their facebook page, use the "like" button and then vote to your favorite pedal (Hot Head, Screamin Blues, Bad Monkey and Grunge).

http://www.facebook.com/digitech#!/digitech?sk=app_192229990808929

I wish you luck.

Look at 4tus' rig:

It's quite complex. So far, that's my favorite pedalboard from Gn'R. I would love to play something with it.

It's quite interesting to see that he also uses 2 chorus units (Jerry Cantrell being the other one). I think I could also use this idea, but using a bass optmized one instead (for the lower strings). Something like Digitech's bass multichorus. That things resounds like a bell (similar to Angry Chair) when the 16 voices mode is engaged.

Yeah it's a pretty comprehensive rig - literally millions on tonal options. What always gets me about "famous" rigs like these is your running a TCE G major 2 rack processor yet you have a bunch of delay and mod stomp boxes and other bits and pieces that theoretically the G major should be able to do a million times better than any of those stomps. I guess that is the question though - what is "better" = no such thing. That's the cool thing about being a pro and having a rig like this I guess - you find a pedal that makes a particular sound you like and even though you probably/may only use it for like one note you have the money and space to fit it into your rig...

The two chorus thing I guess could be explained in a number of ways. I like chorus and I could do with two really as I like like different settings on clean and distorted tones. It's just like what I've been talking about really - it's not really practical/economical for me to be running two units just for this reason!

My dream chorus pedal I guess would just be mod of the one I have - the Retro-Sonic:

613808554201X.jpg

I don't really like/use the vibrato sound. So if I could exchange that section of this pedal with the same two controls that control the chrous section and effectively have a dual channel chorus pedal I would be in heaven :xmasssanta:

Edited by MJG

The two chorus thing I guess could be explained in a number of ways. I like chorus and I could do with two really as I like like different settings on clean and distorted tones. It's just like what I've been talking about really - it's not really practical/economical for me to be running two units just for this reason!

I guess you're right, MJG. I have set my Neo Clone for Chorus + Distortion sounds (Zakk Wylde) and, in the end, I feel really limited. I really miss having a cristaline chorus for clean stuff.

Look at this:

Putting this together with a coil tapper will give you 4 pickups options to chose in the same guitar! And they did include 7 and 8 stringers!

And, since I mentioned 8 strings...

Look what this kid did to his guitar. He put a .130 string on it! Holy crap! That's what I always wanted to do! (though I would use diferent gauges:.130, .100, .080, .056, .044, .032, .024p, .016 (Ernie Ball Coated not even Slinky + 5 string bass coated strings set)). Titanium FTW! rock3

Gibson Les Paul Axcess into a POD HD 500...

I'm not really searching for the perfect tone to be honnest because I spend way too much time recording stuff and toying with synths,virtual instruments, effects, mixing and mastering devices.

I'm more of a midi-programmer than I am a guitarist ( though it is my favourite instrument ).

However this is about to change because I've sold my Les Paul to buy this amazing James Trussart Steelcaster, which is the most dynamic guitar I've ever played ( will receive it at the end of the week if my stupid bank eventually processes the sum ) so plugging it into a mere Pod HD500 would be an insult to her...

corps.jpg

corpsback2.jpg

tete.jpg

221950_10150155892441688_507896687_7087962_5931066_n.jpg

216844_10150155892371688_507896687_7087960_7695344_n.jpg

You have a good taste for instruments, Glow.

Haha thanks but I think it has more to do with how much money and months of work I'm willing to sacrifice into a guitar than just "taste" :scared:

On the other hand, I played it a few months ago, and it didn't leave me any choice but to buy one in my lifetime lol

What I love about it is that because of the steel, it has a very distinctive tone and dynamics. It reacts to the slightest subtlety of you playing, to any difference in your pick attack, to the material that your pick is made of etc...

It's a bit difficult to play ( like most Telecasters, only worse :xmasssanta: ) but its "mojo" makes it really addictive.

Sucks that I have to sell my main guitar to buy it but I'm in love with Trussart guitars.

Seeing and hearing Fortus play three of them back in september didn't help either...^^'

You have a good taste for instruments, Glow.

Haha thanks but I think it has more to do with how much money and months of work I'm willing to sacrifice into a guitar than just "taste" :scared:

On the other hand, I played it a few months ago, and it didn't leave me any choice but to buy one in my lifetime lol

I totally know what you mean. Right now, I'm trying to build an 8 string baritone guitar project with Conklin. I'm pretty sure it will be amazing, but, of course, this comes with a price:

Bucks, no kidding.