The Gear Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My new Gretch guitar!

Love it,

First time played live on it during a night at a local bar when musiscians got together and being tossed around so you wouldn't know with whom you got in a one night band.

Rocked out on it for a one song!

Loved it from the start.

This was my band for the night with 2 members from A days Work. (a very known band in my region so i spare you the details) and it was my luck since the other bands just didn't have serious talent (My opinion) beginners, and people who hang their instruments on the wall and only use them a few times in a lifetime... so this was a dream for me being in this thrown together band.

wrote a song (kinda in the styles of : Civil war from Gn'r and a lot of people came up to me after the show and asked if the solo I played was the one from CW, I guess it was a style based song around CW so it could have been similar.

734584_456865271033495_2105785587_n.jpg

602721_456865151033507_59162554_n.jpg

59565_456865157700173_1960259940_n-1.jpg|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok guys.

I'm about to buy my dream guitar, this exact Trussart Steeldeville ( with this model of bigsby, this color, etc... exactly this guitar ).

Is it possible to add a piezo on that particular bridge at all ? Don't think it is but maybe someone here actually knows ?

A few things to consider : the body is entirely made of steel and it's hollow.

w77qjw00u_full.jpg

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Haha. Yeah, I'm a sucker fanboy for Trussart.

And that's the thing : I don't know if it's really a tune-o-matic bridge even though it looks like it and Trussart is taking forever to answer emails ( took me a few weeks to get a price for that guitar ) unless you have already paid for it so I wondered if someone knew by any chance if these are "compatible" with that particular Bigsby.

I won't take any chance because I have to sell my other Trussart to pay for this one so I want to know for sure before I do it.

Meh. We'll see. I'll ask the Trussart dealer to provide me with a price if it's doable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re-did my homeowners insurance tonight and took out an extra policy for my guitars. Upon a conservative estimate, I have $10,000 coverage for them. Fortunately, only about 2 of them are what I consider to be "irreplaceable." One for sure.

I don't have anywhere near the skill set I need to own some of the awesome equipment you guys have.

I have a Spider IV head and cab that I use an Epi LP with. I recently got the EVH Striped Series and that's probably the highest end piece I'll ever own. Again, not due to desire or anything, just due to my skill set not justifying it lol

Those EVH guitars are made in Fender's Mexican factory, which now makes the Charvel Pro Mods and Jackson Professional Dinky's. That's no slouch. Mexico is turning into the new Japan, and Korea is turning into the new Mexico (wait...what?)

Those EVH guitars are made in Fender's Mexican factory, which now makes the Charvel Pro Mods and Jackson Professional Dinky's. That's no slouch. Mexico is turning into the new Japan, and Korea is turning into the new Mexico (wait...what?)

Yeah, I'd read a bunch of info on where they're made prior to grabbing one. It plays really, really well. It kind of encouraged me to learn harder songs lately due to how much better it feels to play than my Epi LP.

• 1 month later...

_c1076717_image_0.jpg

The height of the collection.

LOVE my 1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Red Sparkle Top seen in this photo stock before I had a set of Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Humbuckers APH-1s (plural, the set 'bridge & 'neck).

My first restoriation, my 1960's Framus Hollywood that i had fixed then customised. I never had it stock, when I got it, it was beat to hell and fitted with a funky scratch plate made out of wood.

_c114327_image_0.jpg

Here's what it looked like in 2001.

Here's what it looks like now.

I didn't know what it was apart from Hollywood, because of the tell-tale trapeze bridge sporting the name... Original Framus decals and badges/knobs where long gone.

Edited by Snake-Pit

• 1 month later...

Fuck, how have I not been to this section of the forum before?

My favorite guitar is my 2007 Gibson SJ- 100. She is a beauty! I'll have to post pictures sometime

Have a great Stratocaster too

Yeah it's unfortunate that this section isn't utilized more often. I'm sure there are plenty of guitar players on this forum who have digital copies of their material/their playing that could be exchanged here. You reminded me though that I haven't posted any pictures of my gear yet, will take some quality pics early next week.