The Gear Thread

Took all my stuff to practice today. When I brought the Class 5 in everyone was convinced plugging it in would be a waste of time. I put it on top an extra 2x12 my bassist had but didn't plug it in at first. First few songs I just played with the amp and it kept up! It was pushing it, I had everything dimed, but it was awesome. Everyone was pretty shocked and happy to eat their words, me included. On our loudest songs it cut through, but it was still kind of pushing the limits (we have a really loud drummer too) and I had to use the Fulldrive on solos. However, on certain songs I had to actually turn down quite a bit on the guitar's volume and I could still hear the cleans. Sounded good and the tone is especially monstrous when turned up. Experimented using it with and without the 2x12. Sounded great in either setting.

So yeah, now I have two very kick ass and usable tube amps. I am going to get an ABY switch and run them at the same time. I think the Class 5 and Blues Deluxe will really compliment one another.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Took all my stuff to practice today. When I brought the Class 5 in everyone was convinced plugging it in would be a waste of time. I put it on top an extra 2x12 my bassist had but didn't plug it in at first. First few songs I just played with the amp and it kept up! It was pushing it, I had everything dimed, but it was awesome. Everyone was pretty shocked and happy to eat their words, me included. On our loudest songs it cut through, but it was still kind of pushing the limits (we have a really loud drummer too) and I had to use the Fulldrive on solos. However, on certain songs I had to actually turn down quite a bit on the guitar's volume and I could still hear the cleans. Sounded good and the tone is especially monstrous when turned up. Experimented using it with and without the 2x12. Sounded great in either setting.

So yeah, now I have two very kick ass and usable tube amps. I am going to get an ABY switch and run them at the same time. I think the Class 5 and Blues Deluxe will really compliment one another.

Yeah pretty surprised myself didn't think the Class 5 combo would be loud enough, or atleast sound any good in a loud band situation i thought you'd need the head/cab. Cool!

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

I decided to give in to the temptation to return to my roots on a Gibson SG. I'm still continuing my quest for a SG Custom but in the meantime after much debate I decided to pull the trigger on a virtually never played 2005 '61 Reissue in what is probably the nicest cherry finish I've ever seen on an SG. SG's have a lot of sentimental value to me, so over the past year as I've been downsizing and streamlining my gear the last step seemed to be to get the first guitar I ever fell in love with. My first ever electric guitar was an Epi G-400 but by the time I got into getting an actual Gibson I had become more interested in Les Pauls.

• 2 weeks later...

I need headphones. I superglued these ibuds together after I slept on them, but now I feel like I'm injecting superglue into my ears, how am I still living. I need to go to Japan, they have awesome headphones everywhere. I'm talking cheap Sony ones. 10 dollars. I fucked up my cd walkman too. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Which?

The new 2017 SG Custom - and it's not like $7000 a la the VOS ones. I just bought my '61 reissue like a month ago so I'm currently playing that mind game as to whether or not I can justify another one. :lol:

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

The new 2017 SG Custom - and it's not like $7000 a la the VOS ones. I just bought my '61 reissue like a month ago so I'm currently playing that mind game as to whether or not I can justify another one. :lol:

Do it! It's an investment!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, James Bond said:

Do it!! And then promise yourself no more gear*

*until you need something else....

• Like 2

On 6/6/2017 at 5:19 PM, AslatIE said:

Got this in the mail today, Gibson Les Paul 2017 Tribute T Goldtop. Sounds fucking great to put it mildly :D

2rmsac6.jpg

DUDE! Congrats! You deserve it, man, great player!!!

Its a beautiful guitar, enjoy and play in good health!

• Like 1

Got an ABY switch today and messed around for a few minutes using it with my Fender and Marshall. They sound awesome together. First gig with the Class 5 is this Saturday. I'm going to run it with the Blues Deluxe. I think they will sound great live. I probably won't even use a distortion pedal, just the Fulldrive 2 to push the Marshall for leads.

• Like 3

Well, I ordered it. Fuck. :lol:

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/SG-Custom.aspx

I'm parting with a few items to fund it but that's okay with me - I've wanted a Gibson Custom Shop since pretty well the day I started playing guitar and this is nearly to my dream specs minus the pickups.

I've become a big "less is more" guy with my gear and over the past year I've streamlined the amp setup, the effects, and now the guitars.

• Like 2

Just got this black body on Craigslist for 50 bucks. He thought it was a Charvette but it's actually an 88 Charvel 275 Deluxe. Came with the Jackson bridge (meh) and a J-90C and J-100 (fuck yes). I just bought a strat head neck on eBay for 105, which means I'm gonna have a shred machine for sub 200 once I finish getting the remaining parts. Fuck. Yes. I love Craigslist

00F0F_ipusxfsT6Hn_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 2:04 AM, AxlisOld said:

Just got this black body on Craigslist for 50 bucks. He thought it was a Charvette but it's actually an 88 Charvel 275 Deluxe. Came with the Jackson bridge (meh) and a J-90C and J-100 (fuck yes). I just bought a strat head neck on eBay for 105, which means I'm gonna have a shred machine for sub 200 once I finish getting the remaining parts. Fuck. Yes. I love Craigslist

00F0F_ipusxfsT6Hn_1200x900.jpg

Fucking awesome dude

My setup all sounds very good together, Class 5 and Blues Deluxe compliment one another and I like my pedal setup with each amp. Had a gig this weekend and I think I am cured of GAS for now