The Gear Thread

Jammed with a well known Norwegian guitarist today, tried out his rig. There was an overdrive pedal which caught my interest, Fulltone Full-Drive 2.

I've been drooling over it all day now and I really really really wanna buy one.

Also I've been daydreaming about Jubilees :drool:

BTW, the Les Paul is fantastic! I'll probably write a review about it soon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

Jammed with a well known Norwegian guitarist today, tried out his rig. There was an overdrive pedal which caught my interest, Fulltone Full-Drive 2.

I've been drooling over it all day now and I really really really wanna buy one.

I strongly recommend the Jubilee. ;)

That said, I actually really dig the overdrive in my TC Nova System. It's not overbearing if you want to use it simply as either a gain or volume boost, but even when you use it on its own in the clean channel it sounds amazing. Great crunchy drive reminiscent of Tom Morello.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Lol I have the Fulldrive 2 (its amazing) and I know I keep mentioning it, the Alexander Jubilee overdrive. I have the MOSFET version of the FD2. I use the Comp-Cut mode which is like a clean boost. Right now I have a seperate pedal chain for both my Marshall and Fender and use the Fulldrive to push the Marshall. It sounds awesome. For really scorching leads, I run the Marshall at full volume with the FD2's boost about half way up and run that at the same time with the Alexander Jubilee through my Fender amp. Absolutely screams.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

I find that the "less is more" approach I decided to take over the past year or two has made me a better player. I've noticed the most improvement in my playing than I have in a long time (I guess part of that may or may not be my more limited schedule due to fatherhood ;)).

My current rig is this:

- 2005 Gibson SG '61 Reissue

- Marshall Jubilee 2525C

- TC Electronic Nova System w/ Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal

- Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Signature Wah (the best Wah on the market as far as I'm concerned)

That's it! I've always preferred running my effects direct rather than use the loop so my chain is simply Guitar > Wah > Nova > Amp.

Now I just await my Custom Shop SG. I've sold a lot of shit!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

I find that the "less is more" approach I decided to take over the past year or two has made me a better player. I've noticed the most improvement in my playing than I have in a long time (I guess part of that may or may not be my more limited schedule due to fatherhood ;)).

My current rig is this:

- 2005 Gibson SG '61 Reissue

- Marshall Jubilee 2525C

- TC Electronic Nova System w/ Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal

- Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Signature Wah (the best Wah on the market as far as I'm concerned)

That's it! I've always preferred running my effects direct rather than use the loop so my chain is simply Guitar > Wah > Nova > Amp.

Now I just await my Custom Shop SG. I've sold a lot of shit!

Current rig: standard Crybaby in the front > Marshall DSL40C > cheap tape delay and 6 band EQ in the loop > Orange PPC112 loaded with a V30:

• Like 4

@ZoSoRose

I don't look at new gear often, and I was on craigslist perusing and saw a class 5 head on there, and recognized it from you bringing it up a bunch. Apparently these microtubes are getting popular now and people have very good things to say about them. I have an early 90's Fender Blues Deville that's just too damn loud for what I want it for. Might hock that thing for 600ish and grab a microtube amp. The Bugera T5 Infinium has great reviews and it's only 150 bucks.Then who has 450 bucks extra in their pocket? I do. That's who. I'm gonna keep drinking and think this over further.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Bugera/T5-5W-Tube-Guitar-Amplifier-Head-1500000044985.gc?

Edited by AxlisOld
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

@ZoSoRose

I don't look at new gear often, and I was on craigslist perusing and saw a class 5 head on there, and recognized it from you bringing it up a bunch. Apparently these microtubes are getting popular now and people have very good things to say about them. I have an early 90's Fender Blues Deville that's just too damn loud for what I want it for. Might hock that thing for 600ish and grab a microtube amp. The Bugera T5 Infinium has great reviews and it's only 150 bucks.Then who has 450 bucks extra in their pocket? I do. That's who. I'm gonna keep drinking and think this over further.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Bugera/T5-5W-Tube-Guitar-Amplifier-Head-1500000044985.gc?

Lol sorry. I was all excited to respond and then today ended up being a long day.

Bruh I fucking love the Class 5. My band played a show tonight and it in unison with my Fender and pedals just makes my tone a dream. I was miced up tonight which I presume does help quite a bit.

Anyways, Class 5 does the Marshall crunch thing in spades if that is what you want. The cleans are actually really great, but we all know what that amp is designed for. I keep the bass way down and have the treble and mids cranked. Volume was at like 7 or 8 today. Honestly, since getting it I look at gear online way less. Im definitely super happy, but I am also glad I have the Fender to use alongside it. Its a LOUD 5 watts but sometimes you need more than 5 watts.

I got mine for $250 so it was a steal. Easily one of the best gear bargains Ive gotten. You see them on Reverb usually for between 400 - 500 for the como. The head looks sweet too.

And that Bugera looks cool. I was checking it out last week actually since my friend wants an inexpensive tube amp. You should also look at the Vox Night Train (no pun intended). Heads are usually pretty cheap online.

I always thought low watt amps were dumb. I was an idiot.

Edited by ZoSoRose

• 2 weeks later...

Some videos of the Les Paul in action

As you can see in the last two videos, I took off the pick guard and put the pick up-poker chip on the guitar, looks much better like that. I looked at the electronics inside and found out that it won't be that hard to change pick ups on this :D 

No immediate plans on changing the pick ups though, these sound good to my ears.

4 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Alright, done the first step toward buying a new Marshall DSL head, which was selling my PlayStation :P I can already feel the heat of the tubes :drool:

Sweet dude! I didn't like the DSLs at first, but I've grown to like them quite a bit. I like the 100 and the 40C, but haven't bonded with the 5C or 15C yet. I also played an original JCM2000 DSL which I also really liked. Those may be cheaper, too

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Sweet dude! I didn't like the DSLs at first, but I've grown to like them quite a bit. I like the 100 and the 40C, but haven't bonded with the 5C or 15C yet. I also played an original JCM2000 DSL which I also really liked. Those may be cheaper, too

I already have my sniper set, the scope adjusted, the only thing I'm missing is ammunition for now ;) 

• Like 1