Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chewbacca

The Gear Thread

616 posts in this topic

Buying little toys.

Minibrute

minibrute1.jpg

Ultrasone 14007

41Fw6aV3CtL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Add, microphones, bunch of cables, new softwares. It's getting serious.

1 person likes this

Grrrrr I missed an amazing opportunity this morning.

I woke up a bit earlier than usual because I wasn't feeling great, so I stayed in bed and scrolled through the Reverb.com app on my phone.... I see a 2014 Gibson LP Traditional, for $900. That can't be right? Well I did some looking at the pictures and at least the guitar in the pictures on the ad were indeed of a genuine Gibson. So I immediately did "Buy it now" instead of making an offer. All good, going through Reverb.com checkout, get to PayPal, log in to PayPal, all good. Hit "Confirm." BAM, error message. I try again, same error message, general message saying "error with transaction." So I try to buy a pack of strings using same method, no problem.

So I message the guy saying, "hey I'd like to pay full price, but I think there's something wrong with your PayPal." I put my phone down to shower. Got out of the shower, he had responded, "I fixed it now, it was due to my PP account's limit, I lowered the asking price to $850." So I'm going ballistic because a $900($850 + $50 shipping) LP Trad is a steal...... can't find the listing. Searching, searching, searching, can't find it. Eventually find the link to it from my history, it sold! In the few minutes between when he fixed his PP and I was in the shower. Fucking hell, biggest disappointment I've had in a while. lol

Yeah it's looking like this turned out to be a scam..... the seller's Reverb account has been disabled and the listing has changed from "Sold" to "Ended." Well I guess that was a serendipitous shower. Always figured it coulda been a scam, but PayPal has such good buyer protection/reimbursement that I wasn't too concerned with that.

2 people like this

I think I will go for that BOSS pay 2 get 3 offer. I'm thinking about getting the BF-3, FB-2 and RC-3.

The Boss promotion is ending today or tomorrow apparently?

I just impulse purchased a PRS SE Fredrik Akesson signature as an xmas gift to myself, had to get it because it was so cheap. Never tried a 24.5 scale guitar before, fingers crossed it will fit my hands

1 person likes this

Well, fuck. I think I won't be doing it afterall. I'll at least give it a try, not having money sucks :lol:

Thanks for the advice, btw.

1 person likes this

Aw, man. I couldn't make it in time... well, life goes on. Anybody knows if BOSS does this kinda of promo frequently?

Greetings fellow gear heads. I've got a question I'm hoping someone here can help me with. I've got a 1963 Fender Duo-Sonic that I'm trying to find out the value of. I always knew it was worth something because of its age alone. But I recently took it to get serviced and everyone at the Guitar Center was drooling all over it. So I only recently found out how special it was. The guys at the shop said it might be worth around $2000. But by their own accounts, that was just an educated guess. So does anyone know of any websites that will appraise the guitar for me? I definitely want to know what it's really worth before I sell it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Emailing Fender themselves is usually a good way to get info. They help out people buying second hand guitars who are looking to check authenticity. So they may be able to give you at least an indication of the value. Let's have a pic posted up here!

Greetings fellow gear heads. I've got a question I'm hoping someone here can help me with. I've got a 1963 Fender Duo-Sonic that I'm trying to find out the value of. I always knew it was worth something because of its age alone. But I recently took it to get serviced and everyone at the Guitar Center was drooling all over it. So I only recently found out how special it was. The guys at the shop said it might be worth around $2000. But by their own accounts, that was just an educated guess. So does anyone know of any websites that will appraise the guitar for me? I definitely want to know what it's really worth before I sell it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Remember to check for finished auctions on eBay. Current auctions are asking prices.

Edited by Hell House

Not a lot going on this thread. Im thinking about buying a Gibson J-15. I think it's quite a bang for the buck.  What do you think?

That is a shitload to drop on an acoustic guitar! Is that your main thing? Maybe if it is your primary instrument then it is worth the investment.

Just got some monitors (Presonus Eris E5), a cab (Orange PPC112) and a mic (Rode NT2-A) myself, very happy with them! Thinking about an Egnater Rebel 30 head as well......

Edited by SoundOfAGun

On 2/3/2016 at 0:31 PM, JeanGenie said:

Not a lot going on this thread. Im thinking about buying a Gibson J-15. I think it's quite a bang for the buck.  What do you think?

Glad the thread is back!

The J15 is a great guitar, I love the walnut. It sounds brighter than a normal Gibson, though. If you are ok with the sound then it is definitely a quality instrument. The J35 is also a great alternative for the more traditional Gibson sound

That PRS SE Fredrik Akesson signature I mentioned a few months ago is the dog's bollocks. Thick Les Paul tones and supreme playability with the jumbo frets, 24.5" scale and deep cutaway.

I learned some Opeth on it, but it does stuff like Foreigner or GN'R like it was built for it. Almost want to get a Mikael Akerfeldt signature too, lol.