The Gear Thread

slash_dunlop_new_cry_baby_signature.jpg

new slash wah used on the new record

Leds on both sides, true bypass, and NO distorsion circuit... 9V !!!

That makes a ton more sense than the preceding version. Who would want a distortion in their wah pedal?!

oh and that Trussart wah looks insanely cool, but is it only a more expensive casing for the pedal or are there other features?

Edited by Jyrgen

slash_dunlop_new_cry_baby_signature.jpg

new slash wah used on the new record

Leds on both sides, true bypass, and NO distorsion circuit... 9V !!!

That makes a ton more sense than the preceding version. Who would want a distortion in their wah pedal?!

Not me, that's for sure. I only got the old Slash wah because I got a damn good deal on a used one. I never use the distortion feature. It wouldn't be so bad if you had a bit more control over it, like to add a bit of extra overdrive to your Wah sound or something, but all you have is volume and tone and as soon as you click the overdrive it's always on regardless of the Wah being engaged or not.

I have no idea...

Sorry if I sound like a PR guy for Trussart but I'm really obsessed/addicted :D

I know what you mean. Since my 8 string guitar project is going downhill, I'm thinking about getting a bari (6 string) axe from Trussart.

The wah pedal looks awesome. Too bad it doesn't have a tone knob, one of my favorite features from the JC wah.

Edited by Chewbacca

Alright...

I gotta ask you something you guitar nuts.

This is my main guitar :

I have the opportunity to trade it for this model :

10115a.jpg

10115b.jpg

Yay or nay ?

The specs are obviously a bit superior on the bigsby one ( it has a bigsby and a coil split ) but, I don't know.

I find it very cool and I love TV Jones on Teles but...still unsure. Would you do it ?

Well...

All Trussarts that are 100 % steel are hollow ! Even mine is hollow ( not only hollow but it has perforation on both the front and back of the guitar : you can litteraly see through it ).

The only way would be to get a steel-top-caster ( which is made of wood with a steelplate, kinda like the Zemaitis guitars ) but not only is that an impossible trade to find ( because steeltops are even more expensive than regular Trussarts ) but also something I'm not really interested in ^^'...

Yes, semi-hollow guitars are very tone distinctive and you probably shouldn't expect them to be very versatile guitars but my playing is not very versatile either so that's ok :D

I wouldn't. No matter if it has 'better' specs - the connection you have with a guitar is not really based on rationale. Chances are that you just don't quite fall in love with it as much. Maybe you would but I wouldn't take that risk.

I for one love semi-hollows and also quite like bigsbys but I can't intergrate them into my playing / handle them properly.

Glow I will never understand how you can swap out guitars so regularly. Every time I buy I guitar I form an emotional attachment to it like it's my child.

That being said NEW GUITAR!!!! Peavey Tracer Custom from the 80's. This thing is cherry, still has the plastic on the trem and control cavity plate.

$(KGrHqZHJBQE9qmdGl47BPdjWCtskQ~~60_57.JPG

Dunlop Manufacturing presents the MXR Slash Octave Fuzz. Developed by Slash and the MXR Innovations engineering team over the years for his own personal rig, this extremely unique and multi-faceted pedal is now available to the public.

This 100% analog stompbox essentially features three effects in one that can all be used on their own or all together at the same time for an over the top barrage of raw and searing fuzzed-out tones.

First, there is a customized "70's Shag" fuzz circuit complete with tone, volume, and fuzz amount controls. Second is a separate Sub Octave circuit you are able to blend in to taste. Lastly is a separate, vintage-voiced psychedelic Octave Up Fuzz circuit, again with its own mix knob control. In additon, "under the hood" there are internal Gain and Tone pots that allow the user to shape the Octave Up Fuzz circuit.

Emblazoned with custom Slash graphics, the Slash Octave Fuzz features all analog circuitry, true hardwire bypass and comes in a heavy duty housing with durable jacks and switches.

Glow I will never understand how you can swap out guitars so regularly. Every time I buy I guitar I form an emotional attachment to it like it's my child.

Well. Three years ago I got my first real job so I went on a guitar-buying binge. I think during that timeframe I've had ten different guitars ( bought one, sold it, sometimes cheaper, sometimes made a profit, bought another one... )

Then I realized that instead of buying a shitload of average guitars I may as well buy ONE very good guitar so I bought a Les Paul Axcess.

Then I realized that I wasn't really about a good playable guitar with great specs but about one with mojo.

Then after playing a Steelcaster I realized I liked it way more than my Gibson so I sold it and bought a used Steelcaster, the chromed one.

Lately I realized that I'm surrounded with guitars and that it would be a good idea to sell them all and get THE guitar, the absolute end-all Trussart.

I've tried four or five different Trussart since and I realized my favorite one was the Steeldeville.

So now I'm toying with the idea of selling everything to get a Steeldeville custom made for me or to keep my Steelcaster and the five other guitars that I'm not really using...

I know, I should have kept my money and gone for the Steeldeville right away but I've always loved guitars. I just realized too late that it's useless for me to buy a ton of them because I'll always only play my favorite one...

Yeah, that's a lot of realizations in a very short timeframe...^^'

I understand your logic. I am fairly autistic also we it cos t guitars. I have a blue-metallic Epiphone 335 with SD59s which I absolutely love. Eventhough it is really not te best gitar, I love it because so may memories (gigs, recordings, practice, struggle to make it an actual working guitar etc.) are attached to it. I haven't touched it since I bought a Gibson 335.. But I wouldn't sell it, since the money I would get for it does not reflect personal value.

The problem with guitars can be that you get overly obsessive with stuff. Especially in the day and age of internet 'experts' and cork-sniffers.

Back to my mai point: I get where you're coming from. If I was you, Iwould get rid of the guitars you don't play, keep your old Trussart and get the one that you think is "the guitar". If you don't play your old Trussart anymore, sell it and buy yourself some candy.

You are welcome. ;)

Sorry for the typos, my keyboard is fucked.

Edited by LysanderSky

In his last interview, I saw Slash talking about an octave distortion pedal, so that's what he was talking about... thanks for posting it :)

As for the Steel Deville, you seem to like it a lot, especially because you tried it out. After listening to your album, which is pretty good BTW, it became clear to me that you're not after a convetional sound which means having a semi acoustic steel guitar would be a great idea for you.

I changed my mind, I would get one if I were you.

I hate to say it, but my pedalboard is not working anymore :(

Not sure about it, but I think it's power related, since my Pigtronix gold compressor came, my other pedals started to malfunction: none of them gives me an output, the sound is dead if I make any conections. The true bypass pedals will give me an output sound if I turn them off, but the buffered pedals will kill my signal once I connect them.

All of them, except for the compressor, that is using the stock power supply that came with the pedal, are using batteries. I tried changing the batteries... no good. They're still turning on like normal, they don't look damaged and I tried cleaning the jacks, all of them (no results). Any ideas?

I FIXED MY CHARVEL!!!! I have worked on this thing before (sober), the lock nut was shot, and the wiring was a mess, and the bridge would drop tune at first chance. I got LOADED on bourbon last weekend and fixed it. Waking up to a newly functional Model 4 is fucking awesome, it plays so nice.

• 2 weeks later...

quick update on my stuff.

What I got at the moment (all of my stuff)

Adonis 30 watt guitar amp

Hartke piggyback 60 watt guitar amp (Stack)

Marshall Jcm 2000 TSL 100.(Stack with the M412 A cabinet)

Pearl reverb (100 watt amp)

Guitars.

Stagg Stratocaster

Sx Les paul

Ibanez Jetking

Ibanez Iceman

Ibanez V60 semi acoustic

Jackson Kelly pro 3

Vintage flying V

Epiphone Bullseye (zakk Wylde)

Fender Mexican blacktop telecaster

Bc Rich Bich

Fender spanish acoustic

Gibson steelstring Acoustic

effects.

Tuner tu3

Ac3

Zakk Wylde Wah pedal

Haven't tested it out yet, got it shelved somewhere. Was going to use it on an acoustic tour with my band but that tour got delayed a few months, We should do the acoustic tour roadtrip in a month or 2.

so I'll let you know then how it sounds and if it's good.