The Gear Thread

Its the mim standard with the stock pickups, sounds and plays great though.

Oh and i may buy my friends line 6 dt50

Usually not the biggest line 6 fan, but i love this one and if i can get a 1200 amp for like 500 then hell yeah

Edited by ZoSoRose

Figured I'd post an updated gear list now that I've got my new amp and have reorganized my pedalboard.

2012 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus

EVH Frankenstrat Replica

EVH 5150 iii 50 Watt Combo

Boss TU-2 Floor Tuner

MXR Dyna Comp

Dunlop Slash Wah

MXR EVH Phase 90

MXR EVH Flanger

Boss Super Chorus

Boss DD-3 Delay

MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay

Figured I'd post an updated gear list now that I've got my new amp and have reorganized my pedalboard.

I had an 08 Classic, Cherry burst plain top. Liked it a lot but sold it to get some $ for my current guitar. Got any pics of yours? And what's the difference between the Plus and the regular? Flame top? '57 Classics? Coil split?

I had an 08 Classic, Cherry burst plain top. Liked it a lot but sold it to get some $ for my current guitar. Got any pics of yours? And what's the difference between the Plus and the regular? Flame top? '57 Classics? Coil split?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-Plus.aspx

I never read up on the regular Classics so I can't comment offhand on the differences, but all the specs are there. I've got it in Heritage Cherry Sunburst. I'm at school right now so I don't have a picture of mine handy but I'll try to remember to post one later on! To be honest this was a total blind buy when I was able to get a steal on it, but I'm certainly not disappointed. It's hands down the best Les Paul I've played.

Gibson isn't kidding when they say they've loaded it with the hottest pick-ups they make. The 500T sounds massive, but surprisingly the guitar can clean up nicely too.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-Plus.aspx

I never read up on the regular Classics so I can't comment offhand on the differences, but all the specs are there. I've got it in Heritage Cherry Sunburst. I'm at school right now so I don't have a picture of mine handy but I'll try to remember to post one later on! To be honest this was a total blind buy when I was able to get a steal on it, but I'm certainly not disappointed. It's hands down the best Les Paul I've played.

Gibson isn't kidding when they say they've loaded it with the hottest pick-ups they make. The 500T sounds massive, but surprisingly the guitar can clean up nicely too.

Yeah so it looks like the main difference is the flame top, probably looks pretty cool in heritage cherry. Those ceramic pick-ups are indeed very hot, and I liked the slim '60's neck. Can't lie and say I don't like my current guitar better, but those Classics are excellent guitars, wishing I hadn't sold mine.

I played a legit 1958 Les Paul gold top standard a few weeks ago. It was $100,000 though...

Best guitar I have played

:o Pictures? Video/sound recording? What amp did you play it through? Any pedals? Always report immediately back here whenever playing a vintage LP. :P

This will sound very, very lame. But I played it unplugged. It still played and felt like butter. I was afraid to ask about taking it to their amp room. I should have. Either way, I could tell it was something special. Even if you didn't tell me the year I would have known something was different about it. I have played 1959 VOS reissues, traditionals, standards, and many Les Pauls at stores and such. I just love them all, but this thing felt like it had a story to tell.

Next time I go, I'll ask to plug it in. But I am a bit afraid to because I know it'll be everything I want in a guitar, and sadly, that perfection won't be something I can ever have.

Here is the exact guitar- http://elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-18394.htm

It seems it was owned by Paul Reed Smith at some point

steavens-890x300.jpg

THE BEST AMP EVER...

it'a awesome guys... trust me

Never heard of it. is it more like an american or british amp?

the best thing that I can say is...

imagine Marshall + Engl + Bogner + Mesa...

f'n crazy !!!

And wtf, I can't even picture that sound combination... MUST PLAY

Don't know about all time dream but I put this together last night:

DSC00356.jpg

I've had that, the DD-7. (I got it because I read it's what to get to get that intro to Welcome To The Jungle); never managed to get the settings right, was a cool funky pedal... Sold it to get high.

• 2 weeks later...

Guitars:

2012 Les Paul Standard Tobacco Burst finish. '57 Classic pickups, 60s neck. Coil split, though I don't use it much. This is seriously the best guitar I've ever played in terms of tone and playability.

2007 Les Paul Studio Fireburst finish, with gold hardware. 60s neck I believe. Humbucker pickups. This was my first LP so it has a special place in my arsenal. The tone is warm and the action is nice and low, as it should be.

2009 Ibanez RG420. This is a beautiful looking guitar (have had tons of compliments). Wood finish. I use this for shredding as it just works great for that style, whereas I use the LP's for more blues based stuff (though I also use them for metal.)

I use a Boss Metalzone distortion pedal and have for years. That's the only effect pedal I currently use, though I want to try out some others here soon. I couple this with a Marshall JCM800 head and it's perfect, especially with the LP's. I set the treble to the max and mids and bass to half. Great tone for me personally.

Guitars:

2012 Les Paul Standard Tobacco Burst finish. '57 Classic pickups, 60s neck. Coil split, though I don't use it much. This is seriously the best guitar I've ever played in terms of tone and playability.

2007 Les Paul Studio Fireburst finish, with gold hardware. 60s neck I believe. Humbucker pickups. This was my first LP so it has a special place in my arsenal. The tone is warm and the action is nice and low, as it should be.

2009 Ibanez RG420. This is a beautiful looking guitar (have had tons of compliments). Wood finish. I use this for shredding as it just works great for that style, whereas I use the LP's for more blues based stuff (though I also use them for metal.)

I use a Boss Metalzone distortion pedal and have for years. That's the only effect pedal I currently use, though I want to try out some others here soon. I couple this with a Marshall JCM800 head and it's perfect, especially with the LP's. I set the treble to the max and mids and bass to half. Great tone for me personally.

That is an awesome set up you've got. Vertical or horizontal JCM 800 inputs? :P

I've had that, the DD-7. (I got it because I read it's what to get to get that intro to Welcome To The Jungle); never managed to get the settings right, was a cool funky pedal... Sold it to get high.

I'm, sure the DD7 can do it, but I'm pretty sure Slash used the DD3.

I think Slash mentioned before that he actually used a little Boss multi-effects unit that was laying around. But yes, Slash's uses the DD-3. I've got a DD-3 and used a metronome to set it up near perfectly to the Jungle setting.

Les Paul standard traditional pro w/60's neck, tobacco burst. Very versatile guitar with the cool tapping pickups. However I'm seriously consider removing the '57 pickup in the bridge with a slash signature one. I have one in another guitar that isn't so great, but the pickup sounds fantastic.

I play through a Marshall DSL 100h, the new Korea heads which according to people I've spoken to with more knowledge about it, is an affordable version of their JCM 800. It sounds great and is every bit as versatile as the guitar. I play through a JCM800 1960A angled cab.

I also recently picked up an MIJ lawsuit era LP for $600 off eBay and threw in black slash pickups that I had in an Epiphone LP and kinda pimped it out. The guitar itself isn't so great, needs fretwork and new machine head tuners bad, though i may flip it on eBay and really sell the new electronics and pickups, depending on how much repairs end up costing. I got it for gigs in cities or way out of town where if something happened to it, my whole identity would be threatened as it would be of my Gibson were stolen or something.

Lastly, for the LP I'm seriously getting a tronical headstock tuner. These are what Gibson is calling the min-etune in this year's models. Gibson keeps trying to make it sound as if you can't buy the piece by itself, that they only come with Gibson guitars but they are just tronical e-tuners which you can buy. I play with a country singer 2-3 times a month, and they're usually 3 hour gigs with lots of covers and lots different tunings. The e-tuner seems ideal to work with that, especially since anyone with a Les paul will tell you that despite 60+ years of making guitars, specifically les Paul's, Gibson still hasn't figured out how to make the G string stay in tune after bends (this is the case with every Gibson I've played, I can't be the only one who feels this way). With country lead guitar there are a lot of twangy bends which are great for knocking a guitar out of tune. I can't really be fucking with my tuning after every solo. The min-etune just seems like a nice luxury that if I'm ever flush on cash I'll look into.

Off top of my head -

Guitars - Les Paul Standard, Epiphone Black Beauty (I'm really fancying a Tele soon....)

Pedals - Digitech Whammy Pedal, Crybaby Wah, Boss DD3 Delay, a Volume Pedal (make?), Boss MD2, Boss Chorus Pedal, Boss Tuner Pedal, Boss Reverb Pedal etc, I also have/use an E-Bow and had various other pedals that I don't use much or any more (various other overdrive/chorus/delay pedals).

Amps - Currenty going through a Deville, my usual amp needing to go in and get a wee refurb, it's a Fender Super 112.. beautiful thing, rarely seen another like it.

Off top of my head -

Guitars - Les Paul Standard, Epiphone Black Beauty (I'm really fancying a Tele soon....)

Pedals - Digitech Whammy Pedal, Crybaby Wah, Boss DD3 Delay, a Volume Pedal (make?), Boss MD2, Boss Chorus Pedal, Boss Tuner Pedal, Boss Reverb Pedal etc, I also have/use an E-Bow and had various other pedals that I don't use much or any more (various other overdrive/chorus/delay pedals).

Amps - Currenty going through a Deville, my usual amp needing to go in and get a wee refurb, it's a Fender Super 112.. beautiful thing, rarely seen another like it.

I love devilles, nice set up with those amps

And as I mentioned, the standard Teles are phenomenal for the price. Best guitar for 500 and less

Edited by ZoSoRose

2000 Les Paul Raw power which is a natural finish and comes with Kluson tuners...very nice thin neck......may replace the stock pickups someday when I have time

1987 ESP Mirage Custom neckthu in black piano finish with a lawsuit pointy headstock...beautiful guitar

2001 ESP LTD MH 301 neckthru....Made in Korea and is a decent guitar but could use some fret work...just use it as my beater

1975 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface amp that I changed to a Weber 12F150 50W Ceramic speaker with light dope

Gibson GA-5 reissue amp.nice little tube practice amp

Old Alamo Capri guitar amp which is onbly about 2-3watts of power that I scored off of ebay in mint condition for $65 that has an old Celestion speaker installed. The speaker is probably worth more the amp. Have to do a recap on it as it hums like crazy but should be fun.

2000 Les Paul Raw power which is a natural finish and comes with Kluson tuners...very nice thin neck......may replace the stock pickups someday when I have time

1987 ESP Mirage Custom neckthu in black piano finish with a lawsuit pointy headstock...beautiful guitar

2001 ESP LTD MH 301 neckthru....Made in Korea and is a decent guitar but could use some fret work...just use it as my beater

1975 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface amp that I changed to a Weber 12F150 50W Ceramic speaker with light dope

Gibson GA-5 reissue amp.nice little tube practice amp

Old Alamo Capri guitar amp which is onbly about 2-3watts of power that I scored off of ebay in mint condition for $65 that has an old Celestion speaker installed. The speaker is probably worth more the amp. Have to do a recap on it as it hums like crazy but should be fun.

Cool collection, Rawker!

Does anyone have any experience with the mid to late 90s Jimmy Page signature Les Paul from Gibson? I have heard mixed things but it has all the features I am looking for in a Les Paul. Not looking to buy a Les Paul for another 5 or so years but its my dream guitar, so I want to find the perfect ones. Anyways, thought I would ask.