The Gear Thread

1987 ESP Mirage Custom neckthu in black piano finish with a lawsuit pointy headstock...beautiful guitar

POST...A...FUCKING...PIC

Jackson headstock? I hate you.

Yeah it was the first year of the neckthru pointy head stock Mirage Custom I think and it has the Jackson lawsuit headstock....I bought it new back in 1988 for around $750 I beleive.....I have kept it mint but it is fun to play with a very thin neck...........I am in Penang Malaysia right now so don't have access to the guitar to take a pic but will do this when I get back to the U.S. in a week................

Edited by classicrawker

Pick-Staiger_Hall.jpg

So I found picture of my ESP Mirage on my phone but how do I post a jpg picture in a post?

Click that little image button it worked for me.

Thanks HGH but when I do that it asks me for a URL and the jpg is on my c: drive of my computer? Is there any way to post a jpg from my computer? I will ask support so as not to muddy up this thread........

Thanks OM......here she is...not crazy about the oem pickups, a little muddy, but want to keep her stock so can live with them. All maple I believe with a ebony fingerboard so it is a tad on the heavy side but nice low action and plays fast.............

ESP.jpg

Edited by classicrawker

Hey CR, can I have it?

Please?

If you lived near by I would let come over and you do a few windmill's on it................ :lol:

I have a Kiso Grand Suzuki Mockingbird copy from the 70's. The Kiso Factory is where ESP makes their custom shops, so this was an ESP custom before ESP was a thing. Neckthru, made of Sen wood, the asshat who had it before me replaced the goto PAFs and toggles with Slipknot Duncan Blackouts because he played detuned metal. He kept them at least and gave them to me in the sale. I got it for 250 bucks. Lol I love poor musicians.

Hey CR, can I have it?

Please?

If you lived near by I would let come over and you do a few windmill's on it................ :lol:

I have a Kiso Grand Suzuki Mockingbird copy from the 70's. The Kiso Factory is where ESP makes their custom shops, so this was an ESP custom before ESP was a thing. Neckthru, made of Sen wood, the asshat who had it before me replaced the goto PAFs and toggles with Slipknot Duncan Blackouts because he played detuned metal. He kept them at least and gave them to me in the sale. I got it for 250 bucks. Lol I love poor musicians.

They were putting PAF's in those guitars? Cool. Know what year the PAF's were from? Those alone could be well worth more than what you paid for the guitar....

• 3 weeks later...

Well, today was a really bizarre day. I was bummed because money is low so I decided to sell that Standard Telecaster I was raving about on here. Beautiful guitar, but I need money and can always pick another nice Tele up in the future. Well, I found a guy who would give me a nice price and we agreed to meet tomorrow.

I was bored in class and was browsing craigslist and saw an ad that said "will trade my Gibson for your toy collection." Well, I have a lot of figures, models, and comics lying around collecting dust so I called him up. Traded them all and now I have a 2008 Gibson SG Special in the Faded finish. It is fantastic! In another turn, the guy who wanted my Tele said he now can't afford it.

I went to potentially selling a guitar to picking another one up and keeping the old one at no extra cost... doubt I'll keep them all even if I want to, but it is still a pretty cool/ strange finish to my day

Well, today was a really bizarre day. I was bummed because money is low so I decided to sell that Standard Telecaster I was raving about on here. Beautiful guitar, but I need money and can always pick another nice Tele up in the future. Well, I found a guy who would give me a nice price and we agreed to meet tomorrow.

I was bored in class and was browsing craigslist and saw an ad that said "will trade my Gibson for your toy collection." Well, I have a lot of figures, models, and comics lying around collecting dust so I called him up. Traded them all and now I have a 2008 Gibson SG Special in the Faded finish. It is fantastic! In another turn, the guy who wanted my Tele said he now can't afford it.

I went to potentially selling a guitar to picking another one up and keeping the old one at no extra cost... doubt I'll keep them all even if I want to, but it is still a pretty cool/ strange finish to my day

Nice score ZR...post some pics!