Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Gear Thread

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

ITG

ITG

DEMI-GOD

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • 31-January 11
Thanks, I think I'll get a multi-effects pedal eventually. I'm just very picky about things, and I know my sound could be better. I'm big into effects so dozens of sounds would be great for me. I think I might go for a cheap Line 6 x3 if I can find one.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10

Thanks, I think I'll get a multi-effects pedal eventually. I'm just very picky about things, and I know my sound could be better. I'm big into effects so dozens of sounds would be great for me. I think I might go for a cheap Line 6 x3 if I can find one.

Sounds like the right choice to me :thumbsup:

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10
Heres some interesting stuff:

I didn't know Bfoot was high into T.C pedals, nor that a chorus pedal was capable of that. Look at 4:06, it looks like the effect they used on Shackler's solo.

This video contains links for more demos and, most notably, his rig rundown:

Look at the double neck! Oaaaahhh... shiny :blink:

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

MJG

MJG

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 19-December 09
Here's my board/rig in action:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update - the JC wah is gone and my custom made Area 51 is back (a welcome return!! :xmasssanta: )

RE: twistedthoughts - sorry for delay - I've PM'd you - the dimensions are 410mm x 115mm x 42mm high

ITG

ITG

DEMI-GOD

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • 31-January 11
I just purchased the line 6 HD500. I swore off buying expensive toys, and instead bought pedals one by one over the years. In the end the though, the buffered sound has too many limitations and I had no choice. Should be in the mail real soon.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10
Just changed the topic's title in order to make it more interesting. Let's just talk about gear (pedals, amps, guitars, picks and even straps), exchange info and help each other to find the ideal rig.
If you have any doubts about your favorite artists gear, post the rig rundwon here, somebody may be able to help you out.

Well, back to the topic... I came across this pick manufacturer two years ago. I ordered a psycho pick (5.85) and a regular slide, they work great. The psycho is very bright and it's got a fat sound, ideal for heavy string gauges and jazzy tones, especially with the neck pup. It also worked well with heavier stuff for it's nice low end chunk and razor highs. The slide sounds like a regular glass slide (nothing incredible here) but it's way more resilent.

Check out their website:
http://v-picks.com/

Oh! and there's also this insanity pick. I never tried it for it's expensive price ($30,00) and because it looked too much for me (11,85mm).

Edited by Chewbacca, 19 March 2011 - 07:42 PM.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10
Posted Image

I got tired of waiting for the compressor and I decided to take a photo of the current setup.

Signal goes:
Amp< NS 2 (Return)< Variphase< Neo Clone< NS (Send)< MD 2< Big Muff TW< Wah< Guitar.

The NS 2 is working as the effects loop here, my amp does not provide this feature...

MJG

MJG

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 19-December 09
Wtf those picks are crazy!! 11mm?! People have looked at me funny because I use 2mm picks!! :rofl-lol:

You can see my amp and pedalboard above. Here's a shot of my guitar (with amp) from band practice:
Posted Image
Guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Std 2003 with a variety of small mods.

This is my old board:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The current one kind of backwardly evolved (if you get what I mean?!) into what it is now!

I own a few other pedals not pictured (DT Whammy and some others) and a good acoustic (a Taylor 914CE).

I use JD Big Stubby nylon 2mm picks for electric and either JD Big Stubby standard 1mm picks or JD USA nylon 1mm picks for acoustic.

I use Rotosound pure/100% nickel strings (11s) for electric and I'm still experimenting with acoustic - got DR Handmade Sunbeam 12s on just now - going to try 11s next.

For leads I use cleartone yellow tab leads for everything - even patch cables (I do have a big box full off George L connectors, accesories and lead too but don't use any of it). The Cleartone stuff is great and great prices. Put together in UK using Van Damme cable and Neutrik connectors.

I'm GASin now for a small pedalboard for the acoustic. I'm thinking a Pedaltrain nano with a tuner (prob TC polytune), a delay (prob TC flashback) and a looper (the new Boss RC-3) and maybe a chorus if I can fit it on (MXR are just bringing out a new analog chorus pedal - looks pretty cool). I'll use the George L's for this board and the Diago powerstation to power it all.

Think that's everything hahaha!!!!

Chew - how you liking the Jerry wah?????? I didn't really like mine that much. It's such a cool looking pedal. It's most likely got some great sounds too - just didn't work great in my rig.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10
The old board had an E. Mistress? Cool, it's one of my favorite flangers,that filter matrix thing is awesome. I personally like the new stereo + chorus version better (that thing is ungodly wet).

What's the name of the song that starts at 3:54? It sounds cool, but nobody seems to know the freakin name.

I swore I would never buy any signature pedal/guitar just for the name it carries (Jerry happens to be one of myfavorite artists), but when I tested other wahs (normal, Zakk, Kirk, Buddy Guy, Van Hallen, Slash, Dime and Tremonti) I really felt that the JC 95 would be the best choice. Since I use baritone/ ER guitars, I really needed something capable of dealing well with REALLY low frequencies (Right now I'm trying to build an 8 string baritone guitar (tuning: Bb0, F1, Bb1, Eb2, Ab2, Db3, F3, Bb3)), and this wah seems to be quite gifted for that.

The tone knob also played a major role here: I like to have a lot of high end on my lower notes, in order to give that sharp form to the sound, so I can capture the treble content of the bass notes and use it with the chorus and phaser for creating some interesting soundscapes, it also works great with the bass (I tried it with a 5 string Ibanez), specially slappin, another technique that taps into the treble side of the force.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10
Some news from Seymour:

http://www.seymourdu...ver-pickups.php
I wonder if these pups are closer to alnicos or ceramics, but, considering the price ($1200 a set <_< ) they better be good stuff. According to SD, this thing is available with any custom shop orders. If somebody finds a decent demo for it... please post it here. I'm quite interested now.

Also, there's this guy who's been touring with Slash. He's talking about his SD set:

This is my favorite setup too. IMO the DD is the ultimate bridge pickup rock1

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • 18-June 10

Some news from Seymour:

http://www.seymourdu...ver-pickups.php
I wonder if these pups are closer to alnicos or ceramics, but, considering the price ($1200 a set <_< ) they better be good stuff. According to SD, this thing is available with any custom shop orders. If somebody finds a decent demo for it... please post it here. I'm quite interested now.

Wow WTF. Like really.

Posted Image

EvilAsh2015

EvilAsh2015

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • 29-April 03
Here's What I'm Running

Fender Twin Reverb Reissue
Danelectro - Reel Echo
Morpheus DropTune
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS808HW Tube Screamer
Boss AC3 - Acoustic Simulator
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah Pedal
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner

I literally have all the tube screamers hooked up at the same time, each tuned in differently. I switch between my Stevie Ray Fender Stratocaster and an Epiphone Les Paul.
Do You Know Where You Are!!!! 11-18-02
Set Me Free!!!! 11-21-04
Do You Know Where You Are!!!! 11-27-06
Set Me Free!!!! 10-11-07
Do You Know Where You Are!!!! 11-15-12

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10

Here's What I'm Running

Fender Twin Reverb Reissue
Danelectro - Reel Echo
Morpheus DropTune
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS808HW Tube Screamer
Boss AC3 - Acoustic Simulator
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah Pedal
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner

I literally have all the tube screamers hooked up at the same time, each tuned in differently. I switch between my Stevie Ray Fender Stratocaster and an Epiphone Les Paul.

I love TS's. Using a Tube Screamer (or any OD pedal) as an additional channel is an awesome strategy. I prefer using a Nobels ODR S or the CM 2 for that purpose.
I love the Nobels, unlike other tubescreamer wannabes, this green guy seems to have an unique personality (and a nice 3 band EQ :thumbsup:). Too bad the jacks aren't placed sideways...

This is the normal, single-tone knob version. 4:43 Slaves And Bulldozers rock3

Say... is the hand wired version THAT superior compared to the stock pedal? it sure is way more expensive...

Jerry Cantrell's been using one lately:

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,385 posts
  • 23-December 10
Check this out:

I didn't expect it to reproduce SG's sound so well. I'm definetely getting one now.
rock1

3:16 Amazing low end, simply perfect for Mailman.

The Digitech XSW is another cool effect that got my attention recently:

Munky had one.

Edited by Chewbacca, 07 April 2011 - 05:19 PM.

Bucketslash

Bucketslash

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts
  • 08-May 05
Boss distortion, boss chorus, digitech delay, clapton crossroads pedal, banshee talkbox, dunlop crybaby wah from hell,
Posted Image
Is the new king of late night posting!-9/10/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users