Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Gear Thread

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

OmarBradley

OmarBradley

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • 30-August 13

I played the old Peavey that became the current 5150 combo a few years ago.

Holy fuck, that thing was a gain machine. I don't think I've played anything like it since

The 6505? I played one of those, didn't love it that much, it was all gain, but little character/roundness. The EVH has it all.

I got a bit carried away on eBay last night........ and won one. Should be arriving late this week; will certainly report back when I can give it a good hour or so of playing.
Lol those mornings when you wake up and remember the auction, or have an email saying that you won it. Fuuuuuuu....

It was actually quite epic, and all happened the night the auction was ending.

There had been 1 bid on the head for about a week, and I figured they probably set their "Max Bid" higher, and I wasn't willing to go too far (like maybe $20) over the current bid, so I figured I had no chance. Then mysteriously, the guy cancelled his bid with 5 hours left in the auction yesterday. So I'm thinking, "I'm set." Then with 20 minutes left, another bid appears..... back to "fuck, I'll try, but I doubt I'll win."

With 30 seconds left I placed my bid. My bid was immediately beaten, I guess he was either watching live or had set a max bid. So with about 10 seconds left I placed one final bid. And to my amazement, as the timer counted down from 10 to 0, my bid was not beaten.  I went about $20 over what I determined was my "limit," so not bad considering.  :lol:

The adrenaline was real.  

GNR - Hammerstein Ballroom 5/17/06, Continental Airlines Arena 11/08/06, Susquehanna Bank Center 11/26/11   VR - Starland Ballroom 5/18/07, PNC Bank Arts Center 8/17/07
Slash - Borgata 5/22/10 and 9/17/10,  Terminal 5 9/14/10, Rams Head 5/3/12, Irving Plaza 5/22/12, Wellmont Theatre 8/3/12, House of Blues 9/14/12, Sands Bethlehem Event Center 7/16/13, Jones Beach Theater 7/10/14 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users