Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Gear Thread

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10

Boss distortion, boss chorus, digitech delay, clapton crossroads pedal, banshee talkbox, dunlop crybaby wah from hell,

I love BOSS' distortion pedal line (I couldn't be any happier with my MD-2). Which one are you using there? DS-1?

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10
Does anybody know where can I find a decent demo for this monster?

All show and no go...

Here's some info on it:
http://www.haloguita...-10-String.html

Edited by Chewbacca, 10 April 2011 - 06:54 PM.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10
I can't believe I won't be able to post my complete pedalboard here... aw, that sucks.

MJG

MJG

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • 19-December 09

I can't believe I won't be able to post my complete pedalboard here... aw, that sucks.

The way it seems to be going it looks like you will :rofl-lol: If the whole thing does magically vanish anytime soon though yes I agree - been looking forward to seeing yours since that initial post...

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10

The way it seems to be going it looks like you will :rofl-lol: If the whole thing does magically vanish anytime soon though yes I agree - been looking forward to seeing yours since that initial post...

Thanks. Your PB was awesome too (the older one was amazing)!

Well, I came here to post some news about this:
http://www2.gibson.c...Firebird-X.aspx

This thing looks like the Eventide (any) or better yet, the Flanger Hoax of the guitars it's full of cool features. Somehow, It looks bigger (technologically) than the XSI.

Built-in effects on the freakin guitar? Interesting

They are really fond of it. (they didn't even demo it here).

World's ultimate guitar... We'll see about that really soon I guess.

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,383 posts
  • 19-December 04
I don't have a picture, but here's my updated set-up:

Guitar > Boss TU-2 Tuner > Dunlop Slash Wah > EVH Phase 90 > Digitech Whammy > Boss CH-1 Super Chorus > Boss DD-3 Delay > Amp

The latest guitar is the Epiphone Appetite Les Paul. Finally I'm pretty damn close to Slash's tone (adding my own flair to it of course) and it does a decent brown sound too.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

MJG

MJG

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • 19-December 09
pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,383 posts
  • 19-December 04
I'm charging my camera now, so as soon as it's done I'll get some pictures!

For now, the only video I've got with the Slash is me attempting the live version of the Jump solo. Go easy on me, I had just learned it. ;)

Haven't gotten around to recording any GNR yet, but trust me - it's a beast.

5206.jpg

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10
Nice, dude! Amazing technique. I was wanting to record Civil War downtuned to Bb and show it to you, guys. But I ain't got any money for a good camera, I'm saving everything I have for that project. Not to mention that I don't have a clue on how to use youtube. Also, I wanted to learn a little more about that plug-your-guitar-directly-into-the-pc-for-better-video-quality stuff. Anybody?

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,383 posts
  • 19-December 04
I appreciate it! Never got around to the pictures so tomorrow I probably will.

I have a Samson microphone that plugs directly into a USB port. It belongs to the drummer in my band, so I'm not sure what he paid. I stick it in front of my amp as you would any other microphone and then record that into GarageBand. The video is right from my laptop webcam. Do a quick line-up job in iMovie and it's ready for YouTube.

5206.jpg

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10

I appreciate it! Never got around to the pictures so tomorrow I probably will.

I have a Samson microphone that plugs directly into a USB port. It belongs to the drummer in my band, so I'm not sure what he paid. I stick it in front of my amp as you would any other microphone and then record that into GarageBand. The video is right from my laptop webcam. Do a quick line-up job in iMovie and it's ready for YouTube.

Wow! Sounds a bit too complicated for me :rofl-lol:
I've heard that the Jamman (any) by Digitech would also be an awesome choice for that kind of thing. With it, you can save a, up to 10 minutes, guitar song and then store it on the PC via USB plug or a flash card.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10
Ummmm... does anybody know where can I find a custom tremolo bridge manufacturer? I need a floating 8 string tremolo for this string set: .130/.100/.080/.056/.044/.030w/.018/.013

Edited by Chewbacca, 21 April 2011 - 08:59 PM.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10
Digitech is running a contest right now, 15 days of distortion. That may be your chance of winning a new pedal for free.
Follow the link to their facebook page, use the "like" button and then vote to your favorite pedal (Hot Head, Screamin Blues, Bad Monkey and Grunge).

http://www.facebook.com/digitech#!/digitech?sk=app_192229990808929

I wish you luck.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • 23-December 10
Look at 4tus' rig:

It's quite complex. So far, that's my favorite pedalboard from Gn'R. I would love to play something with it.
It's quite interesting to see that he also uses 2 chorus units (Jerry Cantrell being the other one). I think I could also use this idea, but using a bass optmized one instead (for the lower strings). Something like Digitech's bass multichorus. That things resounds like a bell (similar to Angry Chair) when the 16 voices mode is engaged.

MJG

MJG

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • 19-December 09
Yeah it's a pretty comprehensive rig - literally millions on tonal options. What always gets me about "famous" rigs like these is your running a TCE G major 2 rack processor yet you have a bunch of delay and mod stomp boxes and other bits and pieces that theoretically the G major should be able to do a million times better than any of those stomps. I guess that is the question though - what is "better" = no such thing. That's the cool thing about being a pro and having a rig like this I guess - you find a pedal that makes a particular sound you like and even though you probably/may only use it for like one note you have the money and space to fit it into your rig...

The two chorus thing I guess could be explained in a number of ways. I like chorus and I could do with two really as I like like different settings on clean and distorted tones. It's just like what I've been talking about really - it's not really practical/economical for me to be running two units just for this reason!

My dream chorus pedal I guess would just be mod of the one I have - the Retro-Sonic:
Posted Image
I don't really like/use the vibrato sound. So if I could exchange that section of this pedal with the same two controls that control the chrous section and effectively have a dual channel chorus pedal I would be in heaven :xmasssanta:

Edited by MJG, 23 April 2011 - 06:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users