The Gear Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a recommendation:

Im interested in the huge shift in live rock concerts around the time of the Beatles Shea Stadium gig and the advent of the Marshall Stack.  When the Beatles played live drums werent even close-miked individually, the PA's were like 50 watts and often only the vocals went through it.  The Beatles counldnt hear themselves play.  Then just years later you have Marshal Stacks screaming feed back all the way to the back row of Woodstock via delayed speaker towers. 

Powerful PAs, massive speakers, speaker towers, bass amps, fuzz pedals, monitors, portable mixing boards; all were invented and produced in a short period of time, revolutionizing live concerts.  Allowing for hard rock as we know it today.

Can any one recommend a documentary or book that explores that period?  

I have decided that my $8 bamboo board will make a fine pedal board. Well, I'll purchase one that hasn't had chopped onions all over it. :lol:

I have a small legitimate pedal board that houses my Nova System, Wah, and Whammy but they don't quite fit and it drives me nuts. The bamboo board idea popped into my mind while I was food prepping the other day. It's the perfect size. I'll spray paint it black and buy some Velcro and for under $20 I'll have a nice new pedal board. Even easier than most other DIY pedal board projects because half the work is already done.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:36 PM, James Bond said:

I have decided that my $8 bamboo board will make a fine pedal board. Well, I'll purchase one that hasn't had chopped onions all over it. :lol:

I have a small legitimate pedal board that houses my Nova System, Wah, and Whammy but they don't quite fit and it drives me nuts. The bamboo board idea popped into my mind while I was food prepping the other day. It's the perfect size. I'll spray paint it black and buy some Velcro and for under $20 I'll have a nice new pedal board. Even easier than most other DIY pedal board projects because half the work is already done.

Having a pedal board makes everything better!

I have had the HX for almost a week now and even did a gig with it already. It is an amazing piece of equipment. The drives even sound fantastic. When at a decent volume they respond just like my stomp boxes. They even sound similar. Its just insane how far digital modeling has come. My previous experience with them aside from Garageband presets has been my friends old Spider II in like 2007! 

Its super easy to use and has like unlimited possibilities. Right now I have my POG and Jubilee pedal plugged into one of the effects loops and I can control them both with one switch. Super cool purchase

• 4 weeks later...

Need some advice here from fellow musicians.
I have a 92 Fender Blues DeVille tube amp, damn good condition, looks like this only better:

lbkycfuuojlzq3lfjdum.jpg

Groove tubes, 60w, 212 speakers. Would you pay 500 for it? I'm gonna list 500 OBO and take 450 if offered.

On March 14, 2018 at 12:45 AM, AxlisOld said:

Need some advice here from fellow musicians.
I have a 92 Fender Blues DeVille tube amp, damn good condition, looks like this only better:

lbkycfuuojlzq3lfjdum.jpg

Groove tubes, 60w, 212 speakers. Would you pay 500 for it? I'm gonna list 500 OBO and take 450 if offered.

I'd say that's fair. If I was in the market I'd be comfortable with that price. That is what I'd expect to get out of my Blues Deluxe which is fairly comparable

On 3/15/2018 at 10:37 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I'd say that's fair. If I was in the market I'd be comfortable with that price. That is what I'd expect to get out of my Blues Deluxe which is fairly comparable

I think that's a fair price/strategy as well. It's pretty beat, so I'd go as low as $400 if you aren't getting bites at $450-$500. But I wouldn't part with it for less than $400.

19 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I think that's a fair price/strategy as well. It's pretty beat, so I'd go as low as $400 if you aren't getting bites at $450-$500. But I wouldn't part with it for less than $400.

That's just a picture of the model I found online. Mine is damn near mint.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got a new guitar today, it's a weird one!

X Japan is one of my favorite bands and I saw a signature model from their late guitariat Hide pop up on my local fb gear trade page. I couldnt believe one of these popped up by me. Traded my Marshall Class 5, and 3 pedals I don't use anymore. Ill miss the Class 5 but Id say it was worth it considering how rare these guitars are in the states and they are over $1000 new in Japan. Its Made in Japan and has a really fast neck.

20180513_211449.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Got a new guitar today, it's a weird one!

X Japan is one of my favorite bands and I saw a signature model from their late guitariat Hide pop up on my local fb gear trade page. I couldnt believe one of these popped up by me. Traded my Marshall Class 5, and 3 pedals I don't use anymore. Ill miss the Class 5 but Id say it was worth it considering how rare these guitars are in the states and they are over $1000 new in Japan. Its Made in Japan and has a really fast neck.

20180513_211449.jpg

I got a Grand Suzuki Mockingbird copy for 250 on Craigslist a while back. Suzuki's custom shop is still used to this day...by ESP's custom shop. It's an amazing guitar. I got pretty interested in Mockingbirds after that. Enjoy her.

11 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

I got a Grand Suzuki Mockingbird copy for 250 on Craigslist a while back. Suzuki's custom shop is still used to this day...by ESP's custom shop. It's an amazing guitar. I got pretty interested in Mockingbirds after that. Enjoy her.

Thanks man! It's a kick ass instrument. Played it with my band twice already and it sounds great. Darker sounding than my Les Paul, actually. Its very good for solos

And post a pic of that one. I love Japanese guitars

Edited by ZoSoRose

On 5/28/2018 at 11:37 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Thanks man! It's a kick ass instrument. Played it with my band twice already and it sounds great. Darker sounding than my Les Paul, actually. Its very good for solos

And post a pic of that one. I love Japanese guitars

WIN_20160222_145634.JPG?1456181923

Boom. Amazing fucking guitar. Brass, everywhere.

Edited by AxlisOld

• 2 weeks later...