A Game of Thrones [WARNING - SPOILERS WITHIN]

st0n3r

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joffrey is such a little cunt! Fucking Lannister pricks.

Can't wait for season 2.

Ned :(

Drogo :(

I wanted Drogo to cross the ocean and start slaughtering shit. Instead he's killed by a scratch and an old woman. :anger:

Which is exactly what makes this series good in mu opinion. Prepare to be surprised even more in season 2 and season 3. Book three of this series is one of the only ones that actually managed to piss me off for real.

Edited by st0n3r

• 2 months later...

So I just finished the first book. Not a big fan of the fantasy/sci-fi genre, but it was a pretty good read.

I thought the show was incredibly faithful to the book and really nailed most of the key elements.

The character that really jumped out more in the book for me was 'The Hound'. His relationship (of sorts) with Sansa and his protection of her from Joff was really well done. The chapter where he talked about his scars to Sansa was actually quite touching. On the show they had Littlefinger tell the story to Sansa and it didn't have near the emotional impact. I think Sansa's beauty represented everything he couldn't have because of his scars.

Now I've just got to decide whether to read A Clash of Kings or wait for the second series. Wanna find out what Daenerys does with those little babies of hers.

• 3 weeks later...

The books are great and absolutely worth it. Third one is one of the best modern works of fiction. And as Dead Flower said, yes, The Hound plays a way bigger role in the books than in the series. I hope he gets a bigger role in the second season, since he is one of the more intriguing characters imo.

Edited by st0n3r

Yeah. Sad thing is, he's such a slow writer. The wait for the next book is so agonizing. Luckily I have found a new series, that's equally great and even darker: The First Law. The funniest character is a torturer for christ sake. :rofl-lol:

there's 5 of these Fire n Ice books so far. or is that it.

I saw Pillars of the Earth. that's also a book. it's not are good as Game of Thrones.

The last fantasy I read was Drangonlance series.

I've even started drinking Apoltel Brau cos it's got somekind of medevil looking dude on the can.

I was actually looking for on amazon but couldnt remember name. so just typing in fantasy and everythings about dragons. dragons are pretty awesome though. I might read a First Law after Clash. not sure might just have to carry on to 3 though. I need to find some mead, boar and wenches.

I read Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords. Agree that the third book is the best of 'em.

Those who enjoyed Tyrion in the first series are gonna love him in the second. Crushingly sad at times, hilarious in others. Some of his dialogue with Cersei, Tywin and Littlefinger is classic.

Only slight annoyance is how fucking slow the Daenerys story is unfolding. Or maybe it's just because she's my fav character and I want the climax.

Hope the tv series doesn't wimp out in the Battle of Blackwater scenes. Could be epic.

Also looking forward to the Red Wedding, Jon defending the wall against Mance, and the battle between Oberyn and Clegane.

Love how Littlefinger just plays everyone with such ease and somehow became a Lord.