(Pink Panther Theme)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Encore:

Patience

Paradise City

I pray this is the start of the CD2 launch. rock3

It could be, but don't bank on it. There's no indication this is the case, really.

Ali

I certainly am not banking on it. However, I do think it would be an excellent opportunity for the band to introduce some new songs to what will surely be an emormous audience.

Remember, it was ten years ago that RIR3 introduced the new band to the world for the first time on a major scale and Axl is a huge fan of RIR and it's history. That said, I can't think of a better way for Axl to close out the CD Era and move the band forward than by playing RIR.

Of course, nothing's for sure until it's for sure if you catch my drift...

New material making its debut would be great even if it's just one song.

Still, even if they play a setlist of mostly CD/AFD stuff and a few UYI tunes... the simple history of the event (headlining in 1991, 2001, and 2011) is just awesome.

Also - it'll just be Axl and Dizzy who have done all three. Tommy and Chris will have done 2001 and 2011. Paul was playing, not Richard, in 2001. Brain not Frank on Drums, and Buckethead/Finck instead of Ron/DJ.

New material making its debut would be great even if it's just one song.

Still, even if they play a setlist of mostly CD/AFD stuff and a few UYI tunes... the simple history of the event (headlining in 1991, 2001, and 2011) is just awesome.

Also - it'll just be Axl and Dizzy who have done all three. Tommy and Chris will have done 2001 and 2011. Paul was playing, not Richard, in 2001. Brain not Frank on Drums, and Buckethead/Finck instead of Ron/DJ.

i think the band now will make a much better show than the lineup in '01. i think these guys will interact more with the crowd and be alot more interesting to watch

It could be, but don't bank on it. There's no indication this is the case, really.

Ali

I certainly am not banking on it. However, I do think it would be an excellent opportunity for the band to introduce some new songs to what will surely be an emormous audience.

Remember, it was ten years ago that RIR3 introduced the new band to the world for the first time on a major scale and Axl is a huge fan of RIR and it's history. That said, I can't think of a better way for Axl to close out the CD Era and move the band forward than by playing RIR.

Of course, nothing's for sure until it's for sure if you catch my drift...

It would be great. I just hate to see hopes and wishes turned into expectations, which can get dashed later.

Ali

You gotta be kidding me?

I wrote that, then I saw DJ's recent clusterfuck of a statement regarding the next album. Consider my enthusiasm deflated.

:violin:

dude, you should know better - don't let that happen again!

You gotta be kidding me?

I wrote that, then I saw DJ's recent clusterfuck of a statement regarding the next album. Consider my enthusiasm deflated.

:violin:

dude, you should know better - don't let that happen again!

Sorry Subsy. Too much caffeine plus a news drought can make a GNR fan think crazy things. You know, like they might release new music soonish and plan 2011 both smart & strategically. I won't let that happen again.

Edited by sofine11

Sofine, i really do hope so too. But i really doubt it. If anything, i think we will get a relaunch of CD I. I know some people don't believe that, but i think Axl's tweet regarding what MSL said kind of validated it. It did not confirm the plans 150% by any means, but he did not deny them. I would love to be wrong and to get a whole album of new Chidem era songs this year..