GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

when is this show, this summer?

This is like either the pinnacle of CD Tour or start of uild up to next record. If they play a new song then it will cause a commotion.

October 2nd, 2011

perfect time for re-release. starts saving. 5k min.

rio to coincide with a re-release?

Would be a hell of a disappointment if GNR decided to tour Chinese Democracy for an 11:th year.

My guess is that we´ll have a new album-release in september.

I like the way you think.

let's hope that Axl thinks the same way!

They will cancel this time too.

If you are so sure about this are you willing to fuck off from the forum if they do show up? How about we make a deal? If they show up, you leave, if they don't, I leave?

Sure, I got the odds with me, so I can't see why not. This is "Guns N' Cancel" we are talking about here, don't forget that, kid.

Ok done. If Guns N' Roses(in any incarnation, pretty much Axl and whoever else), do show up to Rock in Rio in 2011, you will discard/leave your username on this forum. If they do NOT show up to the said event, i will do the same.

Great. I will definitely remember this one, Christian (and Young_Gun).

Bank on it. Figured its about time some of these people(myself included) put their balls on the line for once.

If you're gonna show your balls, I'll back out of the contest right now...

This is always what Axl needed to do if he wants to build momentum. Announce a date way out in front and build to it. Its how you promote things. Then it culminates at RIO with all of those people and boom everyone thinks holy crap these guys are amazing. Playing in front of that many people can be used as a signal that a band is indeed the shit.

However, some things need to go on around that date, both before and after. Lets see if it does. An album of any kind would certainly be needed, but they need a radio song (let Ashba write something) and a ton of promotion, interviews, etc. and then tour the states after. the states have to come after Rio in my mind if you are going to use it as a presentation but make sure you saturate the U.S. market with the event.

Expect new songs at Rio, he said they would be back with new songs, and the 2001 rock in rio was special to Axl because he got alot of his chest regarding past members and there bullshit.

Yup- Better, Sorry, This I Love. All new songs to play for the Rock in Rio crowd.

Awesome news!

2nd October is my Birthday and I would love to attend but somehow I feel this wont be possible on a teachers salary and schedule...

What do you teach? Persuade the school that a field trip to Brazil at the beginning of October will be highly beneficial. Get your expenses paid to go. Then ditch the kids on the 2nd and party like you've never partied before :thumbup:

Edited by Guest

Expect new songs at Rio, he said they would be back with new songs, and the 2001 rock in rio was special to Axl because he got alot of his chest regarding past members and there bullshit.

Yup- Better, Sorry, This I Love. All new songs to play for the Rock in Rio crowd.

Awesome news!

2nd October is my Birthday and I would love to attend but somehow I feel this wont be possible on a teachers salary and schedule...

What do you teach? Persuade the school that a field trip to Brazil at the beginning of October will be highly beneficial. Get your expenses paid to go. Then ditch the kids on the 2nd and party like you've never partied before :thumbup:

I teach English language and literature in a secondary school in the UK. I actually have an Axl poster in my classroom lol. I might have to conveniently have the flu that week :tongue2:

I hope nearing 2012 they decide to do a couple of new songs

I hate to shoot down anyones hopes but, idk i could just see this as a one off. I mean look at 2004. Thats all they were scheduled to play. Maybe its just Rio that axl has respect for and will actually come out and play when the festival wants and not when he wants. I mean theres a chance of a US tour before, but, i think unless they plan on starting CD2 or the next era here (which i damn hope they are!!! :D) then i think it could just be a one off because axl wants to play rio. Or it could be like 2001 in which they come play a few new songs and then dont release anything straight after like many were expecting? Thoughts?

so, 10 years after their last appearance at Rockn Rio and they are still touring for chinese democracy - what a fucking waiste

hey that album took 14 years to make

im sure you are smart enough to figure out how long the tours gonna last

30 years maybe ?