Chinese Democracy - $1.99

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that purchase, I've bought over 200 copies of Chinese Democracy.

And that's not even including the case I bought with some friends when the album came out.

Edited by Brodie

Without Axl they couldn't sell out a movie theater.

Yup.

But that's not their fault. Axl's done next to nothing to give them any sort of identities. Loosing guitarists every few years doesn't help either.

Edited by sofine11

All I know is that band called GNR sold out most of the shows during the last world tour, that they are going to play in Rock in Rio in front of 200,000 people and they are the ones always in mind for this big event every fucking year...wonder why... :shrugs:

I was in a Best Buy last month, and they still were selling it, they had alot there too. Didn't see the price though.

Yeah, like there's gonna be a re-launch of an album selling $1.99. <_<

It's looking like theres more of a chance we will be hearing new music this year. CD now selling 1.99 isn't, at all, a good way to into a re-launch of the same album but with a few remix's and a new track, which people can get for free off of Youtube or torrent files. Also, with Rio being where that debut's some of the Illusion's and CD song's in '91, and '01, I have a feeling they may be redoing history, and it'll happen again.

I still listen to around half of the album & think Axl did a good job. Best Buy bought enough copies for a GN'R album when infact it was an Axl Rose solo album which the American public realized. Doesn't surprise me it's going so cheap.

If Axl had promoted it, done a video or two then maybe it would of sold a little better.

I think one of the main reasons for lack of sales in the US was because Chinese Democracy failed to deliver a hit single. It's hard to believe that if Slash ,Izzy & Duff had been involved through out the making of CD that it would of been anything but a number 1 in the charts with singles in the top 10.

Just goes shows that what made GN'R great was not the name of the band, but the musicians in the band & the amazing chemistry they had together that pushed their music to another level.

Edited by Fogy Malone

One of the main reasons for the law sales in the US is the amount of MTV shitty music people listen to. Unfortunately, rock is not "popular" anymore.

Also, in the whole planet, record sales are low because people don´t buy the same than years ago. Bare in mind there is the internet and piracy where people can get their music for free.

God I wish I'd waited now! I bought the CD copy for 20 euro in HMV out of support of Axl! No downloading this time and it was nicer to have the atch physical copy with the booklet and everthing. But it was with a gift voucher so at least I saved my own money!

Best Buy is in trouble, and they're trying to downsize. It's no surprise they're unloading stuff.

To be fair, CD did not sell as expected, and there's an overstock. The trick to it all, is it could have sold well had Axl chosen to promote it.

DJ ASHBA, BUMBLEFOOT, and RICHARD FORTUS headlining Rock in Rio...200 000 people...

SUPPLY AND DEMAND

ya, but at least 199,998 are coming to hear Jungle & SCOM...

This band is well known in Brazil, there's a lot of love for this line-up in South America, not like the negative petty hate they get in the north.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Is it really shameful that an album from 2008 is now at 1.99 in a world where people download online now? NO!

The album came out 2 and half years ago, it's normal.

I got the 'Killers Day and Age' for $1.99 also.

Obviously haters like SOB will make this out to be something it isn't.

Just because Chinese Democracy costs less than a slice of pizza (w/ no toppings) doesn't make me a hater!

You didn't make this topic just to let us know where to get a bargain! You're an open book dude!

The album came out 2 and half years ago, it's normal.

I got the 'Killers Day and Age' for $1.99 also.

Obviously haters like SOB will make this out to be something it isn't.

Just because Chinese Democracy costs less than a slice of pizza (w/ no toppings) doesn't make me a hater!

You didn't make this topic just to let us know where to get a bargain! You're an open book dude!

A very short book, but a funny one at times.

Best Buy is in trouble, and they're trying to downsize. It's no surprise they're unloading stuff.

To be fair, CD did not sell as expected, and there's an overstock. The trick to it all, is it could have sold well had Axl chosen to promote it.

Exactly. Axl said in the chats that the rec company messed up and didn't follow thru on their promises re promo. I understand that for larger scale things but why couldn't Axl and the band done a round of radio interviews? I'm sure Eddie Trunk would of had him back on! I can't see how it was that complicated that he couldn't do one single interview or bit of promo himself. How can the company restrict him from doing any simple thing? I'm not informed on this btw

Edited by Janis