Chinese Democracy - $1.99

SONOFABITCH

All I know is that band called GNR sold out most of the shows during the last world tour, that they are going to play in Rock in Rio in front of 200,000 people and they are the ones always in mind for this big event every fucking year...wonder why... :shrugs:

It's because people still love AFD and UYI. They're still willing to pay to hear Axl sing those songs. If there was any kind of similar interest in the new material or now band members, CD wouldn't be selling for $1.99 at Best Buy.

Yeah sure, there's no interest in the band. That's the why the album has sold more than 3 million copies worldwide. schmuck.

6 million actually.

Source?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that band called GNR sold out most of the shows during the last world tour, that they are going to play in Rock in Rio in front of 200,000 people and they are the ones always in mind for this big event every fucking year...wonder why... :shrugs:

It's because people still love AFD and UYI. They're still willing to pay to hear Axl sing those songs. If there was any kind of similar interest in the new material or now band members, CD wouldn't be selling for $1.99 at Best Buy.

Yeah sure, there's no interest in the band. That's the why the album has sold more than 3 million copies worldwide. schmuck.

6 million actually.

Source?

Universal Music Chile. I think it was discussed here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=154210

Thanks, forgot about that!

If Axl wanted to sell more records he would do so. He knows how the industry works, and more than any of us do.

So, BBA your ongoing angst and shit stirring on here really has no point. You should get a new hobby or life in some manner.

BTW I bought a double CD of Judas Priest 'Metal Works' years ago for 2.99 and it is great of course.

If Axl wanted to sell more records he would do so. He knows how the industry works, and more than any of us do.

So, BBA your ongoing angst and shit stirring on here really has no point. You should get a new hobby or life in some manner.

BTW I bought a double CD of Judas Priest 'Metal Works' years ago for 2.99 and it is great of course.

Love Priest,that said why must everyone endure the BBA abuse and harassment? The industry is changing, and a great number of labels are gasping for breath,many outlets selling music are minmizing or closing out, so it's a precarious time for Artists and Labels alike, Axl knows full well how the bloodthirsty industry works, and still manages to do things his way, I don't rely on "popular opinion" to know what I like to listen to, and have picked up on some sweet deals in sales albums.

6 million actually.

Source?

eventually it's going to hit 10 mil.

6 million actually.

Source?

Undoubtedly :)

6 million actually.

Source?

like long term it has to worldwide. with a re-release or CD II will bump it. One more world tour. then future generations will be reading about CD story and be unable not to buy it. people will just have to buy it. althoigh people complain about it, they had to buy it to have an opinion. or dl it. same difference. there's dl charts.

6 million actually.

Source?

like long term it has to worldwide. with a re-release or CD II will bump it. One more world tour. then future generations will be reading about CD story and be unable not to buy it. people will just have to buy it. althoigh people complain about it, they had to buy it to have an opinion. or dl it. same difference. there's dl charts.

but there are no torrent charts :P

6 million actually.

Source?

there are tho. Inception was top of the illegal download movies for 2010? the illegal download market, that's a huge market, I can see what you're going for with that.

TorrentFreak's list of the most popular films for illegal downloads

1. Avatar / 16,580,000

2. Kick-Ass / 11,400,000

3. Inception / 9,720,000

4. Shutter Island / 9,490,000

5. Iron Man 2 / 8,810,000

6. Clash of the Titans / 8,040,000

7. Green Zone / 7,730,000

8. Sherlock Holmes / 7,160,000

9. The Hurt Locker / 6,850,000

10. Salt / 6,700,000

ok it was Avatar. but it's the audience that counts.

Edited by wasted

6 million actually.

Source?

It is already mythic with all the unprecedented events surrounding it, not an "ordinary" recording or release in any way,shape,or form, and it helps that the tracks on said album are extrordinary,remember "Exile on mainstreet" was initially not widely appreciated either,and the complete chaos surrounding chidem insures it's success, all in precious time

:)

6 million actually.

Source?

there are tho. Inception was top of the illegal download movies for 2010? the illegal download market, that's a huge market, I can see what you're going for with that.

TorrentFreak's list of the most popular films for illegal downloads

1. Avatar / 16,580,000

2. Kick-Ass / 11,400,000

3. Inception / 9,720,000

4. Shutter Island / 9,490,000

5. Iron Man 2 / 8,810,000

6. Clash of the Titans / 8,040,000

7. Green Zone / 7,730,000

8. Sherlock Holmes / 7,160,000

9. The Hurt Locker / 6,850,000

10. Salt / 6,700,000

ok it was Avatar. but it's the audience that counts.

cool

Does Best Buy honor the online price in-store? I ordered two vinyls but I'd for sure like to pick up another for a friend and possibly another CD or two.

Yes, they do. But they are $1.99 in-store, regardless of what the tag says. It will still ring up $1.99.

I picked up 5 a couple days ago, but didnt know the vinyls are 1.99 as well. I do not have a record player, but maybe one day I will. Picking it up today! My first vinyl!!!

Does Best Buy honor the online price in-store? I ordered two vinyls but I'd for sure like to pick up another for a friend and possibly another CD or two.

Yes, they do. But they are $1.99 in-store, regardless of what the tag says. It will still ring up $1.99.

I picked up 5 a couple days ago, but didnt know the vinyls are 1.99 as well. I do not have a record player, but maybe one day I will. Picking it up today! My first vinyl!!!

You'll be disappointed, the vinyl sounds like utter shit. Worse than a picture disc.

As long as I have it, I may not even ever play it. Thanks for the heads up!

You'll be disappointed, the vinyl sounds like utter shit. Worse than a picture disc.

I will just get it to collect. I may never buy a record player. Thanks though!

Edited by batman007

Who would ever play a picture disc? :no: