A few small facts about CD that some of you may not know

Black Sabbath

After talking with one of the head Media guys at work (Best Buy), I found out a few little things that I didn't know about CD and the release. Here are a few:

- The exclusive deal was in talks long before we heard any rumors about it

- The reason the 2 other copies didn't come out was because after the exclusive deal was signed, Axl and Gn'R wanted more money for the different/extra copies and BB said "No."

- The CD and Vinyl copies of Chinese Democracy are $1.99 at Best Buy. Not 'ON SALE'. Just $1.99 now

- The deal was signed for CD and any subsequent albums, so, Best Buy has first grabs at any future Gn'R albums

That's all I can remember right now, but I don't think there was any more. If anything else pops in my head, I'll post it. But, there ya go.

Edited by Black Sabbath

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The CD and Vinyl copies of Chinese Democracy are $1.99 at Best Buy. Not 'ON SALE'. Just $1.99 now

Why do they not just give the damn things away :shrugs:

That's a stupid question and you know it.

yeah,your right, they will just mark em down to 99 cents before they do that :thumbsup:

You're not fun or funny

After talking with one of the head Media guys at work (Best Buy), I found out a few little things that I didn't know about CD and the release. Here are a few:

- The reason the 2 other copies didn't come out was because after the exclusive deal was signed, Axl and Gn'R wanted more money for the different/extra copies and BB said "No."

- The deal was signed for CD and any subsequent albums, so, Best Buy has first grabs at any future Gn'R albums

That's all I can remember right now, but I don't think there was any more. If anything else pops in my head, I'll post it. But, there ya go.

VALID source, or it is just more defectation and yanking of strings on a GNR forum, it will inevitably escalate and spread,

more gossip, rumors and escalation,did this guy have a name?

or was it in essence his cat that teleported mental brain waves to you,

VALID source, or it is just more defectation and yanking of strings on a GNR forum, it will inevitably escalate and spread,

The fuck are you talking about? I work at Best Buy, you cunt.

Did you even read the op? This is one of my good friends from work who has been there since long before the release.

Feel free to not believe me because I have sooo much to gain by making up 4 lines about Chinese Democracy on a forum I've been a member of for over 3 years :rolleyes:

If it's like the Police, Best Buy credit card holders will have first dibs on GNR tickets in the US. They also didn't allow people who got credit cards after the reunion tour was announced, to get the priority tickets.

That'd be interesting. Both of my parents have BB Credit Cards, so that'd be pretty nice. Though, I'm sure employees would have some sort of benefit as well.

Did you even read the op? This is one of my good friends from work who has been there since long before the release.

Feel free to not believe me because I have sooo much to gain by making up 4 lines about Chinese Democracy on a forum I've been a member of for over 3 years :rolleyes:

What do you and your friend actually do at Best Buy? I'm not sure that the average employee would have this information.

Oh I see, so because you're a "sales associate" at Best Buy, that makes you credible, is that the case Black Sabbath?

I also love the bit about "one of my good friends from work who has been there [blah blah blah]." That was just priceless.

It's good to know that minimum wage sales clerks are privvy to such detailed information about business contracts.

Best Buy, the store where their "geek squad" is told to charge customers exorbitant fees for data recovery if the customer says the data is super valuable and irreplaceable. Yup, that's right, variable pricing depending on how freaked out you are that your harddrive crashed. Guess who I heard that from? My friend that works there. Except in this case that's verifiable from any scam artist (i mean "employee") of geek squad.

Edited by mindsaber

What do you and your friend actually do at Best Buy? I'm not sure that the average employee would have this information.

This isn't really any nitty-gritty detail-filled information. Like I said, he is one of the head guys in the media department, though. He knows all about new releases before they come out, etc.

Though, I'm sure I could ask one of my managers and they would give me the same answers. :shrugs:

I always felt the Best Buy + CD deal was not very rock n'roll. To do a deal with such an ugly company.

Well they may not be around in the near future. I hear that they're hurting. I never really minded them though but lately their music section received a serious downsizing (at least where I live - San Bruno).

Your tenure here,as well as "other forums" does not impress me in the slightest,does your "good friend" have a name?

Why should I believe this,when everyone has a "friend" who they supposedly get information/misinformation from, I'm doubtful to say the least,maybe I'll ask my goldfish for "insider info" or wait until such a time as this is officially announced

;)

Your tenure here,as well as "other forums" does not impress me in the slightest,does your "good friend" have a name?

Why should I believe this,when everyone has a "friend" who they supposedly get information/misinformation from, I'm doubtful to say the least,maybe I'll ask my goldfish for "insider info" or wait until such a time as this is officially announced

;)

The proof that Black Sabbath's info is correct will be that CD stays at $1.99 at Best Buy because her source claims that it's not a sale. I believe she's been told this.

Oh I see, so because you're a "sales associate" at Best Buy, that makes you credible, is that the case Black Sabbath?

I also love the bit about "one of my good friends from work who has been there [blah blah blah]." That was just priceless.

It's good to know that minimum wage sales clerks are privvy to such detailed information about business contracts.

Best Buy, the store where their "geek squad" is told to charge customers exorbitant fees for data recovery if the customer says the data is super valuable and irreplaceable. Yup, that's right, variable pricing depending on how freaked out you are that your harddrive crashed. Guess who I heard that from? My friend that works there. Except in this case that's verifiable from any scam artist (i mean "employee") of geek squad.

"The Geek Squad insiders" must be a super-secret assembly like the Illuminati, I wonder if the cleaning crew is privvy to this

"super secret information? If they are initiated into the "Best buy secret society, wonder if they have "decoder rings" I find this entire post highly improbable,thanks for the laugh!