Bumble, 4tus and DJ interview ( FRENCH ) about Axl, Chinese, follow up album, late starts, gear, the relationship between the guys etc...

The Glow Inc.

Found it online here :

http://www.lesoreilles.com/articles/GP203_022_027_Interview_GNR.pdf

It's a scan though, so...remove it if it's not OK ! :)

In a nutshell :

Richard hopes the album is gonna get released very soon ( thouh he does not know ).

DJ is looking forward to recording new material.

Bumble has been recording during four weeks, on one to three different songs a day during the Chinese sessions.

There is a bit of arguing in the band sometimes but in the end, it's them versus the world.

Ron and Richard mention staying in Axl's room until 12 AM after the show and listening to his personal stories but they both say that they would get sued if they repeated them to the press :lol: ( not by Axl, but by the people he's talking about )

Bumble says Axl can be tiresome at times but the "Axl is a dick" thing gets blown way out of proportions. Richard says that what you read about him is really exagerrated because he does not defend himself in the press and lets them talk.

DJ adresses the "looking like Slash" part and says that he has always worn hats and that he could be mistaken for "some guy that has been in the band for a while" but that it's his style and he ain't changing it.

They are discussing their guitar collection, how they picked the guitar to begin with etc...

They are having fun together during most of the interview, especially Ron and 4tus.

Can you elaborate on "Bumble says Axl can be tiresome at times" like in what way? or is that pretty much all he says?

The interviewer asks "how is it working with Axl ?"

At first Bumble and Richard have a laugh at the question :

Bumble :"No-bo-dy e-ver asked us this question ( laughs ). There are plenty of good times, times when we do not agree with each other, and every once in a while we are getting tired of each other. Notice that I get tired of him more than he gets tired of me...That being said, people always analyze what he does and then exagerrate everything.You know, some people like stirring shit.

Richard:"He is an easy target, because he does not defend himself in the press."

Bumble:"He lets people say what they want..."

Richard:"Because they are gonna say it anyway. I think he has understood that a long time ago..."

Bumble :"After the show, we will hang out in his room until noon and he's gonna tell stories after stories after stories..."

Interviewer : "Could you tell us one of them ?"

Bumble :"Oh no, we CANNOT repeat them ( bursts out laughing )"

Richard : "For religious reasons ! ( laughs )"

Bumble : "Worse ! To avoid getting sued ! ( gets serious again ) Actually, these are just personal things, it's not up to us to repeat them. We like to joke around together, you know. Ok, just ask me how it is working with Richard ( laughters )!

Richard : "Yeah, we fight all the time ! Actually, we fight mostly to determine whoever MUST play"

Bumble :"I don't wanna play, I DON'T WANNA PLAY ! ( runs towards the buffet )"

Then Richard talks about Axl having a good knowledge of music in general and the fact that he knows how to reveal the best in his musicians.

Then they discuss Axl arriving on stage late and the Dublin incident.

Can you elaborate on "Bumble says Axl can be tiresome at times" like in what way? or is that pretty much all he says?

The interviewer asks "how is it working with Axl ?"

At first Bumble and Richard have a laugh at the question :

Bumble :"No-bo-dy e-ver asked us this question ( laughs ). There are plenty of good times, times when we do not agree with each other, and every once in a while we are getting tired of each other. Notice that I get tired of him more than he gets tired of me...That being said, people always analyze what he does and then exagerrate everything.You know, some people like stirring shit.

Richard:"He is an easy target, because he does not defend himself in the press."

Bumble:"He lets people say what they want..."

Richard:"Because they are gonna say it anyway. I think he has understood that a long time ago..."

Bumble :"After the show, we will hang out in his room until noon and he's gonna tell stories after stories after stories..."

Interviewer : "Could you tell us one of them ?"

Bumble :"Oh no, we CANNOT repeat them ( bursts out laughing )"

Richard : "For religious reasons ! ( laughs )"

Bumble : "Worse ! To avoid getting sued ! ( gets serious again ) Actually, these are just personal things, it's not up to us to repeat them. We like to joke around together, you know. Ok, just ask me how it is working with Richard ( laughters )!

Richard : "Yeah, we fight all the time ! Actually, we fight mostly to determine whoever MUST play"

Bumble :"I don't wanna play, I DON'T WANNA PLAY ! ( runs towards the buffet )"

Then Richard talks about Axl having a good knowledge of music in general and the fact that he knows how to reveal the best in his musicians.

Then they discuss Axl arriving on stage late and the Dublin incident.

Thanks for translating that mate :thumbsup:

Fortus talks a bit of his Trussart guitars and...man...if I had 1500 more bucks, I would sell my Gibson Les Paul Custom in a heartbeat.

Trussart Steelcaster is the best guitar I've ever played in my entire life. It has an incredible personality. Incredible pickups and dynamics.

I'm really jealous of 4tus in general. He has the career I wish I had ( session musician, endorsed by virtually every brand, touring with the coolest band in the world, and with a hundred vintage guitars sitting in his living room... ).

Bumble says Axl can be tiresome at times but the "Axl is a dick" thing gets blown way out of proportions. Richard says that what you read about him is really exagerrated because he does not defend himself in the press and lets them talk.

But who's fault is that, really?

I think if you are going to be that way, you can't bitch about what people say. But Axl wants it both ways. He wants to keep people completely in the dark, but then still pitch a fit when people start throwing specualtion out there.

Tell us what's what, or just ignore the chatter. But my god, Axl, pick one already.

But who's fault is that, really?

I think if you are going to be that way, you can't bitch about what people say. But Axl wants it both ways. He wants to keep people completely in the dark, but then still pitch a fit when people start throwing specualtion out there.

Tell us what's what, or just ignore the chatter. But my god, Axl, pick one already.

For the most part he does ignore the chatter. I think it's the outright fabrications and lies rather than the idle speculation and wondering that seems to provoke a response from Axl.

Ali

nice post.

this interview is solid, somehow to long for me, as I don't have the time to read it full,

but never the less the questions and answers, what I did read of them, were cool.

so, I guess the band did some interviews and got media attention after all... within the last tour,

if we put on also the interview from that Finish festival in Europe,

and

that rock-school thing from Engalnd, and from South America

what u know!? the guys are GNR members and the press treat them as such, and by around 7mil people around the globe...

but hey, don't tell it to the Slash - GNR era fans, they will deny it first... then argue against it :rofl-lol:

Well, to be fair, it was a Guitar magazine interview. The biggest guitar magazine in France though.

The article starts something like "Is a Slash-less GnR still GnR ? Considering the audiences' reaction to this tour, yes !" but it insists that Slash's style could not be replaced though Axl picked three extremely talented guitarists with broad and different styles to try and venture in another artistic direction. The articles urges its readers to give Chinese another spin ( because according to the writer "it's solid") and call the band "Axl & Prodigies" if that's what it takes for them to enjoy it for what it is.

However, the subtitle of the article is clearly "The Mercenaries".

It's a very good interview though and the guy who asked the question clearly knows about them because he asks some very precise questions ( about Richard being a violin player etc... ).