Bumble, 4tus and DJ interview ( FRENCH ) about Axl, Chinese, follow up album, late starts, gear, the relationship between the guys etc...

The Glow Inc.

Also, another interesting information ( though I think I've heard it elsewhere before ) :

Richard was originally supposed to REPLACE Robin. Not just become an additional guitar player or a second lead guitar player like Buckethead. He was supposed to become THE lead guitar player on CD.

However, Axl hired Buckethead instead and Robin decided to return right before the tour ( probably why Robin and Bucket didn't like each other ? ), turning this band into a 2 lead guitar players band.

Finally, when Tobias left, Richard got the call to replace him.

Well, to be fair, it was a Guitar magazine interview. The biggest guitar magazine in France though.

The article starts something like "Is a Slash-less GnR still GnR ? Considering the audiences' reaction to this tour, yes !" but it insists that Slash's style could not be replaced though Axl picked three extremely talented guitarists with broad and different styles to try and venture in another artistic direction. The articles urges its readers to give Chinese another spin ( because according to the writer "it's solid") and call the band "Axl & Prodigies" if that's what it takes for them to enjoy it for what it is.

However, the subtitle of the article is clearly "The Mercenaries".

It's a very good interview though and the guy who asked the question clearly knows about them because he asks some very precise questions ( about Richard being a violin player etc... ).

Sorry but I have to disagree with you... since when musketeers are mercenaries?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Musketeers They were the king's personal guard for what I know....

They do say that Slash isn't replaceable by only one guitarist and that it was a brilliant idea to get three very talented guitarists to replace him...

Sorry but I have to disagree with you... since when musketeers are mercenaries?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Musketeers They were the king's personal guard for what I know....

The subtitle is "Les Trois Mercenaires", not "Les Trois Mousquetaires"...

Oops my bad...

Désolée j'crois que j'ai fumé la moquette...j'ai lu à chaque fois les trois mousquetaires!

Fortus talks a bit of his Trussart guitars and...man...if I had 1500 more bucks, I would sell my Gibson Les Paul Custom in a heartbeat.

Trussart Steelcaster is the best guitar I've ever played in my entire life. It has an incredible personality. Incredible pickups and dynamics.

I'm really jealous of 4tus in general. He has the career I wish I had ( session musician, endorsed by virtually every brand, touring with the coolest band in the world, and with a hundred vintage guitars sitting in his living room... ).

Same here, man. Those trussarts are some awesome shit. Hetfield's also got one. BTW, Thanks for translating it.

There's not much to elaborate on.

Richard says that, surprisingly, Axl has been one of the easiest people he has ever worked with because he has a good knowledge of music in general, that he knows what will work or won't ( inb4 "lolChineseDemocracy" ), that he has a focused vision, that he knows what he likes even though he also listens to your opinion and that he brings the best out of the musicians he works with.

As regards the late starts, Richard says that they aren't always easy to deal with but that Axl isn't simply sitting backstage in front of the TV while eatin chips. He says that Axl does whatever it takes to get in the right psychological state, that it's easy for some while it's way harder for others ( meaning Axl ).

As regards Dublin : Richard says that they don't want to be targets ( for people throwing stuff at them ndlr. ) and that they also don't want to set a precedent by letting it happen because they owe it to other bands. He says that this is what they always do : ask the people there to refrain from throwing and then leave if the throwing happens again. He then talks of the Duff incident when he was hit in the head by a bottle and explains that for the first time in ten years, bottles were thrown at them, that it was a difficult situation that could have become dangerous. He finishes saying that they returned and finished the show later on.

Near the end of the Richard part, the interviewer tells him what Axl had to say about him, that he was an exceptionnal guitarist with a Keith Richards' feel and that he was very impressed when he first hear him play "Stray Cat Blues".

Richard answers that it's an incredible compliment. That he can't picture a better compliment but that, you know, it's not the kind of thing that Axl would say to him directly ( laughs ). At least, he did not do it.

There's not much to elaborate on.

Richard says that, surprisingly, Axl has been one of the easiest people he has ever worked with because he has a good knowledge of music in general, that he knows what will work or won't ( inb4 "lolChineseDemocracy" ), that he has a focused vision, that he knows what he likes even though he also listens to your opinion and that he brings the best out of the musicians he works with.

As regards the late starts, Richard says that they aren't always easy to deal with but that Axl isn't simply sitting backstage in front of the TV while eatin chips. He says that Axl does whatever it takes to get in the right psychological state, that it's easy for some while it's way harder for others ( meaning Axl ).

As regards Dublin : Richard says that they don't want to be targets ( for people throwing stuff at them ndlr. ) and that they also don't want to set a precedent by letting it happen because they owe it to other bands. He says that this is what they always do : ask the people there to refrain from throwing and then leave if the throwing happens again. He then talks of the Duff incident when he was hit in the head by a bottle and explains that for the first time in ten years, bottles were thrown at them, that it was a difficult situation that could have become dangerous. He finishes saying that they returned and finished the show later on.

Near the end of the Richard part, the interviewer tells him what Axl had to say about him, that he was an exceptionnal guitarist with a Keith Richards' feel and that he was very impressed when he first hear him play "Stray Cat Blues".

Richard answers that it's an incredible compliment. That he can't picture a better compliment but that, you know, it's not the kind of thing that Axl would say to him directly ( laughs ). At least, he did not do it.

Great thanks!