Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy 2 Rumoured For 2011

Ana_1991

Guest siliconmessiah

ron should kill himself

The many newbie-generic-multi-account posters on this forum are interesting - wonder who is sitting behind their computers feeling so bitter.

You auditioned but didn´t get the spot in G&R?

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

member when Ron was talking in the beginning of 2008 that the album was going to be set and that is was just negotiated with the suits or something like that?

saying that there'll be noise in 2011 doesn't have the same ring of confidence.

Well. People should know, that when it comes to G&R releasing albums, it might take well 10 years or more in between them.

I would not be surprised if "CD II" comes out somewhere in between 2015-2020. It´s pretty boring for the people involved, but not my problem, really. Life goes on.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

why is there like 50 eduardo accounts on here?

Probably because the newbie-generic-poster-cupcakes think that is a way to "blend in" among the fans and spreading their shit-talk about the band.

This is not the real Eduardo.

Edited by siliconmessiah

So, was it's a April Fool's joke, or not?

This tweet really doesnt seem april fool-ish. If it was an April fool, i would've thought it would have been a little less cryptic, and probablly been like "CD2 releases this november, get ready folks!" or something that. this is legit, wether its gnr related or not, i strongly believe its legit.

Oh, come on. It was obviously an April Fool's joke. You can even see it on Ultimate-Guitar now with their latest update on the article.

Don't think it was that obvious really. (apart from the Duff/Slash/UYI material gibberish)

Hope this comes back and kick them in the ass when the album actually do get released this year. :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

I think 2011 would have been way too soon. I really think 2015 is the right time- that way Axl can say, hey I told you it wouldn't take as long. 2015 would be 1/2 the amount of time it took to release CD. I think CD songs needed at least 5 years to seep into the public consciousness anyway. Axl had to give people time to develop a relationship with that material.

• Like 1

I think 2011 would have been way too soon. I really think 2015 is the right time- that way Axl can say, hey I told you it wouldn't take as long. 2015 would be 1/2 the amount of time it took to release CD. I think CD songs needed at least 5 years to seep into the public consciousness anyway. Axl had to give people time to develop a relationship with that material.

I honestly don't think timespan has a single thing to do with it. I think quality matters a lot more to the equation than anything. Axl already tried the "build anticipation" type of promotion and it ended up working way more against the record than anything.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think timespan has a single thing to do with it. I think quality matters a lot more to the equation than anything. Axl already tried the "build anticipation" type of promotion and it ended up working way more against the record than anything.

I disagree. I think time has everything to do with it. I'm not talking about building hype, I'm talking about giving people time to develop personal relationships with the songs. It took AFD a long time to take off. Likewise, it took me time to learn to love CD. I didn't know what to make of it at first listen.

No I think the sooner he follows CD up the better, bands take 6 years between records when they have to write from scratch... the material is already written and mostly recorded... The record should have been out no later than the end of 2012 or the start of 2013. The next album will not be appearing in 2014, but maybe it will in 2015... the question that nobody asks him in person is, what's the hold up, he's openly talked about a vault with 30+ CD era songs, and the concept of a CD trilogy... Getting records out quicker, as in every 3-4 years would have done wonders for him in the long run, irregardless of if he didn't win over the fans lost with the original break-up and mixed reaction of CD.

Edited by Tom2112

I disagree. I think time has everything to do with it. I'm not talking about building hype, I'm talking about giving people time to develop personal relationships with the songs. It took AFD a long time to take off. Likewise, it took me time to learn to love CD. I didn't know what to make of it at first listen.

I hear what you're saying, but I just don't think time is on Axl's side in any situation. I agree that AFD and Chinese took a lot of time to take off or set in with people respectively, but Axl's reputation for being late with everything is going to haunt any and all releases IMO.

I hear what you're saying, but I just don't think time is on Axl's side in any situation. I agree that AFD and Chinese took a lot of time to take off or set in with people respectively, but Axl's reputation for being late with everything is going to haunt any and all releases IMO.

Yeah, I don't want him to wait forever, but I honestly think that it took around 5 years for CD to get its due. The time and touring was necessary otherwise it'd been written off and in the long run that would've been worse. As it stands, those songs now stand up nicely in the setlists. If he didn't put in the time and effort to get them heard then they may have fallen completely by the wayside and then the whole album would've just been viewed as a wash- which I realize many may look at it that way.