Chinese Democracy re-enters Billboard 200

axl_on_drums

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many copies do you need to sell to get into the top 200?

Not being cynical, just curious

not many new Cavalera Conspiracy sold 5000 this week to get to number 11 on Billboard chart

Maybe Axl could stop by BestBuy with a few grand and buy his way into the top 10.

If they release CD II both would bounce into top 10 before Rio.

Yeah and Charlie Sheen will win next years Best Actor Oscar if they can get the new Major League released before the end of the year...

I watched Major League last night, Charlie shoulda got an oscar for that movie in first place. California Penal.

I do think having both records out would draw attention/sales. then people realising it's a trilogy would get more people excited. the snowball effect.

How many copies do you need to sell to get into the top 200?

Not being cynical, just curious

Probably, 3-4k

This is correct, from looking some previous charts. The ukmix.org forums have a lot of info on Billboards charts. They don't have figures for this week yet but they might in the future have the Soundscan figure for CD. Maybe.

Guest siliconmessiah

The Billboard 200.

Come on. We are currently living in 2011. Nobody relies on the Billboard album-chart anymore, nor are old school "album-charts" relevant.

"The complete sales data broken down by location is made available, but only in the form of separate SoundScan subscriptions. Declining CD sales and the widespread sale of singles via the internet further reduce the relevance of the Billboard 200..."

[source: Wikipedia]

Edited by siliconmessiah

JESUS CHRIST!!! BAH GAWD KING!!! LOOK AT THE CARNAGE!!!

EVERYBODY RAID YOUR PIGGY BANKS, CHANGE JARS, WE SHOULD ALL JUMP ON THIS AND RISE CD INTO THE TOP 10, AND SHOVE THIS ALBUM DOWN THE HATERS THROATS AND HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY BOOKS A U.S TOUR BECause THERES A AUDIENCE FOR IT, AND THEN AXL RELEASES A VIDEO. REQUEST CD SONGS ON RADIO AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST......im going to eat my snicker.

Edited by wkuk04

EVERYBODY RAID YOUR PIGGY BANKS, CHANGE JARS, WE SHOULD ALL JUMP ON THIS AND RISE CD INTO THE TOP 10, AND SHOVE THIS ALBUM DOWN THE HATERS THROATS AND HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY BOOKS A U.S TOUR BECause THERES A AUDIENCE FOR IT, AND THEN AXL RELEASES A VIDEO. REQUEST CD SONGS ON RADIO AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST......im going to eat my snicker.

You missed a few capital letters

Sorry, dude. My bad.

Is the Greatest Hits still in the charts?, i haven't looked for over a month but it would be awesome if the people who bought that and gave it 300 Weeks on the charts, jumped on the Chinese Democracy album and raced it up the charts.

Sorry, dude. My bad.

Is the Greatest Hits still in the charts?, i haven't looked for over a month but it would be awesome if the people who bought that and gave it 300 Weeks on the charts, jumped on the Chinese Democracy album and raced it up the charts.

Yup, still in. Think it was around #170 or something.

I am happy they have their name back out in the charts, there must be a reason they are doing this...

*cough* re-release *cough*

Whoever runs the facebook page is a bit of a dumbass though.

Excuse me?

Edited by Sweersa

i think its great for chinese democracy is back in the top 200 i hope this means something else might be coming

How a re-entry to a chart can mean that 'someting else' is coming?

I think there is better reasons to think that, but this isn't one of it.