MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, now i gotta find somewhere else to burn time on the internet, join some other forum and be the awkward new guy. thanks a lot

gay as it sounds, im gunna end up missing some of you fuckers.

i hope we can now all agree that this "band" is in dire straits?

Sad day to be a Guns fan indeed.

To hear they wanted this place closed is pathetic really given that the other site(HTGTH) is so sick with it's blind censorship makes me rather angry.

Thanks to Eric and all mods past and present.

Guest gunns5

follow @thankyougnr

and lets get something to trend

and seei if we can get axl or the rest of the band to talk about this

Makes me sad to think that GNr and company doesnt want us around anymore. Some of the members might be haters , but I have spent a LOT of hard earned money to see GNR in different states and countries.

Are you going to stop paying your hard-earned money to see them if they tour again?

Shame but not entirely surprising. Thanks to all the mods and admin for putting up with us for so long. Will the forum be archived anywhere or will it just vanish off the face of the internet? The band chats should be preserved at least..

man, now i gotta find somewhere else to burn time on the internet, join some other forum and be the awkward new guy. thanks a lot

This band is at a Dead End.

Oh well, maybe someday Axl will get his head out of his damn near 50 year old ass and man up...probably not though.

Anyways, Happy trails fellow fans, its been real.

I just felt like Guns N´ Roses died...

+1...

This...

This is truly sad. I've been posting (or at least lurking) here for five years now, and while I've never been the most liked poster, it's been fun hanging around and watching so many different personalities and characters interact. I can't believe how sudden this is, there's no time to prepare for it. I want to see this place continue in some incarnation or another...just like our favorite band. Maybe a scaled down version could be opened, on a cheaper host, or even one of those shitty free boards?

I'm really going to miss this fucking place. I can't even put it into the right words...so it'll suffice to say that it's been fun, in so many ways.

R.I.P., Sweet Prince.

- Chevelle

See Highvoltage,

This is the kind of negativity comments like yours and Eric's bring. It's stupid. This place was never the band's responsibility, but you and Eric have managed pass the blame off for this place closing.

I can't believe the band wants the biggest GNR site on the net shutdown.

I can't believe the band wants the biggest GNR site on the net shutdown. We talk a lot of smack, but I bought like 7 copies of CD, and have traveled to New York, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver (Riot), Everett, and Tacoma to see them perform over the years.

They've lost their fuckin' way since 1994, man. This is just part of that.

What kind of a man treats his fans like this, especially after all we've supported him through. Honestly, I really feel sorry for Axl right now. Ironic, right?

You are right, they have no obligation to fund the forum. In fact, I'd rather find a forum they don't have their noses in. That's not what a forum should be about.

But you are right. Nothing Axl has done over the past 13 years makes me think he could ever become so bitter against this place that he'd do everything in his power to shut it down. Naw, Axl never acts that way.

Samuel-L-Jackson-Eye-Roll1.jpg

Edited by KBear

Just got home and heard about this. For what it's worth, the mods and posters here have my gratitude. That includes the folks that gave me shit, lol. Thank you to the mods for taking care of this place, and to everyone for all the care and interest and passion you've shown. No community online or offline agrees and gets along perfectly, that's nature - but overall, y'all have been fkn great :) I appreciate a whole lotta ya's a whole lot. Ron

This band is at a Dead End.

Oh well, maybe someday Axl will get his head out of his damn near 50 year old ass and man up...probably not though.

Anyways, Happy trails fellow fans, its been real.

nah its already too late, fuck it

if this band has any intention of going on they have no idea how powerful of a tool they are losing

Just got home and heard about this. For what it's worth, the mods and posters here have my gratitude. That includes the folks that gave me shit, lol. Thank you to the mods for taking care of this place, and to everyone for all the care and interest and passion you've shown. No community online or offline agrees and gets along perfectly, that's nature - but overall, y'all have been fkn great :) I appreciate a whole lotta ya's a whole lot. Ron

Class act, as always. I love you man. Come to Israel, you have a lot of fans here.

How did you hear about it?

Tell Axl I said "Hi".

I love you. :(

Guest gunns5

its unfortunate for sure, good to see ya back here bumble!even if it is the last time :(

Edited by gunns5

Thanks Ron!

You have always been great to us fans! :)

Ron, my allegiances lie with the old band (you have to know that many fans feel this way). But you're a cool dude. Loved your Pink Panther solo on the last tour too. Cheers.

And adios to all. I'm up past my bedtime on this forum again. Done that too many times over the years.