Slash on South Park!

patmac54

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were ripping him, saying he will play anywhere for money (malls, kids bday parties, etc...)

They linked him to a show about the NCAA because they wanted to have him play at halftime. ie the horrendous Super Bowl halftime.

They were ripping him, saying he will play anywhere for money (malls, kids bday parties, etc...)

They linked him to a show about the NCAA because they wanted to have him play at halftime. ie the horrendous Super Bowl halftime.

Well, that's what SP is all about...

...and yet it was pretty funny. I'm sure the man himself got a kick out of it! We have to be able to laugh at ourselves sometimes. My friends gave/give me shit about my obsession with this band, and I get it. Loosen up a bit friend! Cheers.

Haha, yeah, I just watched it. Was pretty funny.

It's a good thing Slash isn't real. No one real would sell out that much.

Aerosmith "sells out" A LOT MORE than Slash does.

I don't think what he does is "selling out". Dude's got to put food on the table for his family.

just saw it, that was the most random south park episode ive ever seen, made no sense at all.

It only made sense only if you follow college athletics and video games.

EA Sports uses college players likeness in its video games. For Example, if Michael Jordan was still in college, EA Sports would have a basketball game where North Carolina had a 6'6 black shooting guard, the correct weight, he'd be bald, he'd look like him, correct home town, he'd wear #23, correct age, and he'd be the best player in the game. The same for every other roster position. They just don't put the real names in.

So EA Sports makes a ton of money, the universities make money off of it, but the real people who are put in the game make nothing. South Park also pointed out that these universities can provide better facilities for their players with this money. But overall it was about people taking advantage of college players, and helping them a little, but not enough in terms of how much money they are making.

And for some reason they wanted to add Slash to it and say he will do anything for money. (And I think by comparing him to Santa Claus, and say he is not real, they were implying he is fake)

Edited by ChapelRoses

"Heed ye not the false riffage of Buckethead and Robin Fink (though Buckethead can totally shred, I mean, have you seen that guy?)."

Is that a quote from the show?

Yes, it's written in the story book about Slash.