Duff on reunion

Fogy Malone

You would be first in row for a nugnr reunion with Buckethead, Finck, Brain, etc.

I'd love to see that. I'd love to see any lineup without Slash.

Who are you kidding you would be fighting for tickets just like the rest of us if there was ever a reunion between Slash and Axl........ ;)

As crazy as it sounds I would not. If that ever happens i'll leave this forum forever.

Clarification- would a one off at HOF count towards you leaving forum forever? LOL

And what exactly is your problem with Slash? He was a key figure in some of the best music of all time. You do realize he's on AFD, UYI's, Lies etc.... right?

Clarification- would a one off at HOF count towards you leaving forum forever? LOL

Possibly

And what exactly is your problem with Slash?

Not sure if I can post that sort of information on here without getting banned

im actually really curious,where does your strong dislike for slash come from? i just cant think of reasons as to why youd hate such an important member of a band you say you

are a fan up.

Possibly

im actually really curious,where does your strong dislike for slash come from? i just cant think of reasons as to why youd hate such an important member of a band you say you

are a fan up.

+1. I can understand you not liking or agreeing with things slash has done post-gnr, but I don't get where this burning hot passionate hatred comes from. Look at all the man contributed to the band you claim to love. Not a diss to the nu band, but 75-80% of the guitar work the nu band plays live are parts that SLASH contributed. I don't understand why you can't at least respect the man for that..it's cool if he's not your cup of tea now, but I'll truly never understand how any gnr fan can hate the man with sucha passion.

yeah I'm really not trying to cupcake you when asking, Volcano. I love the current line up and every lineup from appetite to chinese. Ive seen this band twice, bought ChiDem many times for whatever reasons, follow this forum, and show as much support for the guys as i can- so i do consider myself a pretty good fan of this lineup. That being said, I have no problem seeing so many people here complain about the name "GnR" being used. The original lineup with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven (and to an extent Matt and Dizzy) simply is not the same band that has been on stage since 2001. Bumble, DJ, and Richard did not write any of the classic material that has made the band so famous nor were they there in the early days when the original guys went through hell together. Regardless of where they all are now or how Axl feels about Slash, that has no impact on what Slash (or the others) have contributed to what was also their band (Axl's band too for that matter).

So sure, the current lineup is legally called "GnR," and even I, refer to them as "Guns N Roses," but I can recognize it is not the same band that started all this. Regardless, Axl has a right to play the music he helped write and perform on just as much as Slash and co. He happened to surround himself with kickass musicians and make a great sounding live act. I wish he'd jump on that more and produce more material, as I do think ChiDem is a fantastic album, but that's just how Axl works.

Anyways, that's my point of view on it. I love what we have now, but also love a lot of what Slash has done outside of Guns N Roses, including his solo album and VR. I've seen both him and GNR in the past two years and would love to see both again. After all, the two GNR shows I saw in 2010 and 2011 respectively were the best gigs I've been to, and I've seen a ton of great acts. I was fortunate enough to get tickets to the induction in April and as much as I love the members former or current from 99- now, I recognize it is the classic band being inducted, and I believe that is the right decission. Regardless though, It's possible to be a fan of Axl and Slash, and I guess it's just sad/annoying to see so many people on here choosing sides of people they don't even really know on a personal level. In the end, we're all here because of GNR, so why bother campaigning against Axl or Slash?

Long post and I'm sorry =P, just wanted to share my views on what is GNR, good day!

Edited by ZoSoRose

Possibly

are a fan up.

+1. I can understand you not liking or agreeing with things slash has done post-gnr, but I don't get where this burning hot passionate hatred comes from. Look at all the man contributed to the band you claim to love. Not a diss to the nu band, but 75-80% of the guitar work the nu band plays live are parts that SLASH contributed. I don't understand why you can't at least respect the man for that..it's cool if he's not your cup of tea now, but I'll truly never understand how any gnr fan can hate the man with sucha passion.

yeah I'm really not trying to cupcake you when asking, Volcano. I love the current line up and every lineup from appetite to chinese. Ive seen this band twice, bought ChiDem many times for whatever reasons, follow this forum, and show as much support for the guys as i can- so i do consider myself a pretty good fan of this lineup. That being said, I have no problem seeing so many people here complain about the name "GnR" being used. The original lineup with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven (and to an extent Matt and Dizzy) simply is not the same band that has been on stage since 2001. Bumble, DJ, and Richard did not write any of the classic material that has made the band so famous nor were they there in the early days when the original guys went through hell together. Regardless of where they all are now or how Axl feels about Slash, that has no impact on what Slash (or the others) have contributed to what was also their band (Axl's band too for that matter).

So sure, the current lineup is legally called "GnR," and even I, refer to them as "Guns N Roses," but I can recognize it is not the same band that started all this. Regardless, Axl has a right to play the music he helped write and perform on just as much as Slash and co. He happened to surround himself with kickass musicians and make a great sounding live act. I wish he'd jump on that more and produce more material, as I do think ChiDem is a fantastic album, but that's just how Axl works.

Anyways, that's my point of view on it. I love what we have now, but also love a lot of what Slash has done outside of Guns N Roses, including his solo album and VR. I've seen both him and GNR in the past two years and would love to see both again. After all, the two GNR shows I saw in 2010 and 2011 respectively were the best gigs I've been to, and I've seen a ton of great acts. I was fortunate enough to get tickets to the induction in April and as much as I love the members former or current from 99- now, I recognize it is the classic band being inducted, and I believe that is the right decission. Regardless though, It's possible to be a fan of Axl and Slash, and I guess it's just sad/annoying to see so many people on here choosing sides of people they don't even really know on a personal level. In the end, we're all here because of GNR, so why bother campaigning against Axl or Slash?

Long post and I'm sorry =P, just wanted to share my views on what is GNR, good day!

Obviously it's the not the same members in the band but it always was Axl's band. It has always been Guns N' Roses (just like Megadeth, Deep Purple, Molly Hatchet etc....)

I've mentioned in another thread I appreciate and I am very greatful for Slash's contributions at the time. Without most of his contributions we would not have the band we love today.

With that said he turned his back on his fans, friends, band and even himself by leaving GNR the way he did.

In no way, shape or form do I enjoy anything Slash has done post-GNR. It's obvious Axl and Izzy had a huge impact on his past success.

fair enough

Possibly

are a fan up.

Obviously it's the not the same members in the band but it always was Axl's band. It has always been Guns N' Roses (just like Megadeth, Deep Purple, Molly Hatchet etc....)

I've mentioned in another thread I appreciate and I am very greatful for Slash's contributions at the time. Without most of his contributions we would not have the band we love today.

With that said he turned his back on his fans, friends, band and even himself by leaving GNR the way he did.

In no way, shape or form do I enjoy anything Slash has done post-GNR. It's obvious Axl and Izzy had a huge impact on his past success.

Fair enough that was a reasonable answer. I can respect your opinion more now that you have explained your position sensibly

Duff was talking from a nostalgia tour cash grab POV. But all the reunions that have happened, have been more about the music and how the band delivers it. Was there a difference between seeing Duff on stage playing the GNR songs for the Pac Norwesters?

Would he want some of his favorite bands from his childhood to get back together as old men? Would he want to see Lisa and Wendy with Prince do a Revolution reunion? Does he think Iggy or Johansen touring as the Stooges and Dolls is a nostalgia tour, or Alice Cooper doing the occasional show with the original band?

All I know is when I saw clips of Buffalo Springfield, it was a little too late to call that a reunion, it was just Stills and Young, with the guy from Poco.